Week 15: Dolphins at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

Seeing predicted amounts of 15 inches makes me a little nervous. Obviously the bills "should" have the advantage, but the Colts snow game went to overtime and they had us beat if it wasn't for a penalty on their 2 point conversion. Dolphins run game is hot garbage, but with that amount of snow, nothing is normal and anything can happen 

Edited by Steptide

Just now, Steptide said:

Seeing predicted amounts of 15 inches makes me a little nervous. Obviously the bills "should" have the advantage, but the Colts snow game went to overtime and they had us beat if it wasn't for a penalty on their 2 point conversion. Dolphins run game is hot garbage, but with that amount of snow, nothing is normal and anything can happen 

I totally get the 2017 Colts game comparison but to be honest our current Bills team is light years ahead of that 2017 team.  I think heavy snow accumulation hinders both teams, but I do think the Bills having played in snow/cold/wind and living in this area is a huge factor.  Plus I hate the Dolphins (not sure if that matters to any point I tried to make...but I really, really hate them).

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

That game also featured Nathan Peterman(left the game) and Joe Webb at QB.

• Like (+1) 2

Fish fans on a podcast are literally asking why Buffalo "a cold weather area" even has a team because of the game moved earlier this year and INCHES of snow projected Saturday lmao.

They act as if more games aren't moved from Miami due to hurricane. "Why does Miami have a football team if hurricanes are going to get in the way" hurr hurr hurr

25 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

It didn't just happen randomly, it happened in large part because the Lake Temps were extremely warm for that time of year, which we can expect to see more and more of...which means this likely will become a semi-regular occurrence instead of a once in a 1000 year occurrence.

The observed warmer temps should give way to cooler as we move into the La Niña cycle starting next year.  Cooler temps inhibit LE snow for more reasons than just the instability associated with temperature differential.  With Lake Eerie being super shallow, once it starts to freeze (which hasn’t happened yet this year) it will reduce fetch and obviously cutoff the supply of moisture feeding the LE snow machine.  LE bands coming off Ontario and impacting Buffalo, OP is rare.    Hopefully temps cool soon, and Eerie begins to freeze before playoff football begins.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Hey LeBatard show guy…we’ll get that dome idea looked at as soon as you rip out your stadium and redo the visiting sideline alignment towards the sun…🧐

PREACH!

These miami whiners wish they didn't have to play in Orchard Park EVER. I hope our Bills D-line folds Tua like a piece of paper @-@

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, rusty shackleford said:

Crappy weather doesn't move game locations. Only crippling historic storms that cause state of emergency, travel bans, and redirection of first responders will do that.

stop making so much sense lol

rusty you wasting your breath. You are having what my mom used to  call "a battle of wits with an unarmed person" the Jig is UP dude is trolling hermano

29 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Bring

it

on

Just watched weather on WGRZ.  Models have changed.  Now it looks like things will occillate during the day and then move south earlier.  Looks like heaviest snows will be Hamburg southward.  Likely 6 to 12 inches north of that.

9 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Just watched weather on WGRZ.  Models have changed.  Now it looks like things will occillate during the day and then move south earlier.  Looks like heaviest snows will be Hamburg southward.  Likely 6 to 12 inches north of that.

You can bet the Dolphins are on the horn to the league, trying to get the game moved to Detroit (Lions are on the road this w/e).  I wonder if moving the game to Sunday is in play, or if that would even help...

• Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, mannc said:

You can bet the Dolphins are on the horn to the league, trying to get the game moved to Detroit (Lions are on the road this w/e).  I wonder if moving the game to Sunday is in play, or if that would even help...

If they were going to move it, there would have to be a much worse forecast and it’s probably already too late.  If things turn out to be unexpectedly bad Saturday causing travel bans, then they would just move the game to Sunday. But based on the current info, none of that is remotely likely to happen. 

10 minutes ago, mannc said:

let them cry, let them cry, oh wait. let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, mannc said:

There is no need.  In November we had a once in 8 yrs weather event.  This is a typical lake effect snow that happens a couple of times per year.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

If they were going to move it, there would have to be a much worse forecast and it’s probably already too late.  If things turn out to be unexpectedly bad Saturday causing travel bans, then they would just move the game to Sunday. But based on the current info, none of that is remotely likely to happen. 

There's still 48 hours until game time...unfortunately, the precedent for moving the games due to snow has been set, so it's always a possibility.  But I hope you're right.   

6 minutes ago, mannc said:

There's still 48 hours until game time...unfortunately, the precedent for moving the games due to snow has been set, so it's always a possibility.  But I hope you're right.   

48 hours isn’t enough to do everything that needs to be done to move the game. This was shown when they moved the Browns game. 

Do you know what the NFL wants - a big TV audience for the game Saturday night.  IMO a snow storm will only add to the number of eye balls watching the game. This weather forecast propels an already big game into the stratosphere by injecting a uniquely interesting twist.  It makes it must see TV for football and sports fans.  The NFL loves that.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 4

On 12/12/2022 at 4:50 PM, Gunsgoodtime said:

On the subject of CB, the one that came to mind was Tre White, and I was curious as to what others thought.  I noticed him getting beat a lot yesterday, looked slower and did not look to be back to his previous version. Defense done a great job either way

Good observation about White. You know your football, you are right on. Tre has lost quite a bit of speed.

When they kept putting off Tre's return I knew something was drastically wrong.  Tre should have been ready to play 4 to 5 weeks ago.  Tre's injury might turn out to be a career ender!  Some knee injuries don't heal all the way and the player loses SPEED!  Of what I have seen so far White has lost a lot of his speed.  He looks a lot slower than before.  Corner is one position you can't afford to lose speed. Unless he has miracle, and the rest of his speed comes back this could be the beginning of the end for White. That's unfortunate because he was great player before the injury. I swear Buffalo is jinxed.

Edited by HugeHeffner11
  • Eyeroll 2

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

Moving the game had nothing to do with the football game.  Getting 77 inches of snow...closing roads, affecting emergency response...literally paralyzing WNY...was why they moved the game.  Think of it as moving a game due to a hurricane.  Just a heavy rainstorm...you wouldn't move the game.

1 minute ago, HugeHeffner11 said:

Good observation about White. You know your football, you are right on Tre has lost quite a bit of speed.

When they kept putting off Tre's return I knew something was drastically wrong.  Tre should have been ready to play 4 to 5 weeks ago.  Tre's injury might turn out to be a career ender!  Some knee injuries don't heal all the way and the player loses SPEED!  Of what I have seen so far White has lost a lot of his speed.  He looks a lot slower than before.  Corner is one position you can't afford to lose speed. Unless he has miracle, and the rest of his speed comes back this could be the beginning of the end for White. That's unfortunate because he was great player before the injury. I swear Buffalo is jinxed.

With the weather conditions on Sunday, I doubt Tre would have wanted to test full speed.  There is still a mental aspect associated with Tre's return.  Give him time.

14 minutes ago, mannc said:

There is no precedent or moving games due to a perfectly normal weather event that is actually expected tp be in play when they make the schedule.  This is entirely different from a from a freak occurrence of 7 Feet of snow, accompanying travel restrictions, and severe danger to players, coaches, opposing team, and fans with respect to staging a game.  It seems a pretty clear distinction.  NFL games have been played many times, in Buffalo and elsewhere, with conditions every bit as bad or worse than predicted for Orchard Park Saturday night.

Edited by FLFan
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, FLFan said:

There is no precedent or moving games due to a perfectly normal weather event that is actually expected tp be in play when they make the schedule.  This is entirely different from a from a freak occurrence of 7 Feet of snow, accompanying travel restrictions, and severe danger to players, coaches, opposing team, and fans with respect to staging a game.  It seems a pretty clear distinction.  NFL games have been played many times, in Buffalo and elsewhere, with conditions every bit as bad or worse than predicted for Orchard Park Saturday night.

These guys must be new around here 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, mannc said:

The Dolphins will intentionally fly out late with the intention of getting snowed out of the airport and having to turn around.

• Disagree 1

2 minutes ago, klos63 said:

The Dolphins will intentionally fly out late with the intention of getting snowed out of the airport and having to turn around.

The only thing that will do is delay their arrival time to whatever hotel they are staying in.

This isn't "shutdown the airport" snow.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TheWeatherMan said:

The observed warmer temps should give way to cooler as we move into the La Niña cycle starting next year.  Cooler temps inhibit LE snow for more reasons than just the instability associated with temperature differential.  With Lake Eerie being super shallow, once it starts to freeze (which hasn’t happened yet this year) it will reduce fetch and obviously cutoff the supply of moisture feeding the LE snow machine.  LE bands coming off Ontario and impacting Buffalo, OP is rare.    Hopefully temps cool soon, and Eerie begins to freeze before playoff football begins.

Usually Lake Erie freezes by early January which is why Rochester typically ends up catching up and passing us in snowfall by the end of the season(except last year) since Lake Ontario rarely freezes...and also why the Tug Hill Plateau area gets buried all winter...

Must suck to live there and deal with not only a metric crap ton of snow but also temps that fairly often get to -20 to -30+ below zero without the wind chill...

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.