I thought 10-3 would feel better...

Inigo Montoya

26 minutes ago, quinnearlysghost88 said:

Throwing picks has now taken priority in josh’s head over making tough throws. I’ve never seen him double and triple clutch the ball so much. The Minnesota overtime throw really hurt his psyche. I’d rather he let if fly and deal with a pick every now and then, instead of this safe stuff where wrs need to be college open for him to throw. 

Kind of agree here, but it's not just Josh being a little gun shy. Can you honestly remember a game where our offense schemed guys open with ease? Even when we were rolling, it was all on Allen. Dorsey has been highly underwhelming

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, clayboy54 said:

Yes, I’d be absolutely blown away if they lost twice and moderately surprised if they lost another game. This team does what they have to do to win. That is all they need.

They better figure out a way to start scoring points soon then because low twenties is not going to put away the Bengals or the Dolphins.     

11 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

If Josh and the wideouts don't start playing like they did the first half of the season again I think its more likely they lose two of four and end up the 5th seed than winning out and ending up the 1st seed.   

Dont throw variables into it. Are the Bills losing to BOTH the Bengals and Dolphins. No IF's from me. The Bills offense will play better and will NOT lose to BOTH the Bengals and Dolphins

56 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Part of me still feels like this team is fools gold…hopefully I’m wrong…

In what way? They have lost 3 times by a total of 8 points and in all 3 games have given the game away to some degree or another. Two of them in ridiculous ways. 

They have played one of the toughest schedules in the NFL and have beaten the 3 other divisional leaders in the AFC.

And done so missing numerous starters many weeks.

If anything, THIS should be the team we are most proud of. Faced adversity, have largely overcome it all.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This is 10-3, always has been. We lost 3 close games we should have won.

Denver almost beat the chiefs, Houston almost beat Dallas, the sky isn't falling in those cities. 

It's not NCAA, every team is full of professional players. I also have more faith in the Jets making the playoffs than I do in the Dolphins. 

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

In what way? They have lost 3 times by a total of 8 points and in all 3 games have given the game away to some degree or another. Two of them in ridiculous ways. 

They have played one of the toughest schedules in the NFL and have beaten the 3 other divisional leaders in the AFC.

If anything, THIS should be the team we are most proud of. Faced adversity, have largely overcome it all.

The Bills have been pretty outstanding overall given the challenges they've faced. In fact, this might be McDermott's best coaching job so far.

That said, there's no doubt they need to raise their level collectively a notch or two to get where we all want to be

• Agree 1

I think 10-3 does not feel particulary good, is because we can all see that offense has not progressed even a tiny bit from last year. It was good last year. And it is good this year. But it is the same: we have one of the games best 3 QBs, a top five WR, a bad online and a bunch of Jags at all of the other skill conditions. This is is a result of not using much draft capital or salary cap on offense for a number of years. 

The Bills have the largest salary cap investment in the defense of any team in the NFL, and the injuries have made it something less than the best defense in the NFL despite the investment.   The Bills formula is different than the formula's used by the high powered Chiefs and Bengals offenses.  These are the team with the other two top QB.  Those teams have done all they can to surround their QBs with an excellent line and high end skill players.   Its not clear the Bills formula is better.  It is based on Josh being meaningfully better than Burrows and Mahomes.  Its a tough order to fill, but Josh is incredible and he may pull it off. 

Edited by Chaos
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

After beating the Jets today the Bills are 10-3 and in the lead in the AFCE and sitting as the #1 seed in the AFC.  If you had taken a poll here at the start of the season and asked if we would take those stats heading into week 15 of the season, I think it would be 80/20 in favor of it.

Recognizing the Bills are sitting in a very good position right now, why does it feel like this has been a really rough season?

Maybe it's the constant parade of injuries?  The bad loses to the Phins, Jets, and Vikings?  Maybe the fact that we haven't seen the Bills' offense find that gear that they ended the season in last season?  Or maybe it's because the Bills have left themselves no room for error going forward if they want to win the division and the #1 seed?

I'm not complaining about where the BIlls are sitting at right now, I just imagined 10-3 would feel a whole lot better than it does. 

The best is yet to come. :beer:

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, dhgold said:

I agree with the original poster. I don't feel nearly as good about the Bills as I did after the first 6.5 games of the season.

Particular areas of concern are:

• The loss of Von Miller which makes the defense look like last year's not-quite-good-enough unit.
  •  

What are you smoking? This D-line has been better the last 2 weeks than when Von was playing

2 minutes ago, buffblue said:

The Bills have been pretty outstanding overall given the challenges they've faced. In fact, this might be McDermott's best coaching job so far.

That said, there's no doubt they need to raise their level collectively a notch or two to get where we all want to be

They look kinda similar to the last few games of the regular season last year...anyone remember that Falcons game?

59 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Along with beating the division leaders of the AFC and one of the wild card teams, we've also played all those teams along with another AFC Wild card team and a Division leader in the NFC. Our schedule this year is ***** tough.

Yep. If those 4 SB Bills teams in the 90's were battle-tested from the regular season, they might've won a ring.

55 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

It’s because the bills have enough talent to win every game like they did weeks 1 & 2 yet they barely win games against inferior opponents 

The coaching has left a lot to be desired.  Yesterday, when we needed to close out the game the offense did not deliver. It required the defense to do so. 

The OL has been terrible.  They are not giving the same protection that Josh got in the early games. 

The AFC East is pretty good and tough to play

The reason many of us don't feel the "Happiness" of the win, it is because the expectation on this team is much higher. We want to blow out every team! Go Bills!

D. Looks Fantastic. Offense doesn't. 2 TDs, tons of dropped passes, O-Line either allowing pressures or holding, not executing at an elite level. They don't look scary enough on O to contend & that is the difference. Sure they got by Jets, but how are you feeling with that performance on offense against Phins, Cinci or KC? It's not good enough (Davis, Mackenzie, Knox, whole O-line w/ Dawkins getting honorable mention)

Edited by Donuts and Doritos

5 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The bold print is why…I just don’t feel championship teams play like that- especially when you have double digit leads…That reeks of this franchise’s history of snagging defeat from the jaws of victory…

2 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

The bold print is why…I just don’t feel championship teams play like that- especially when you have double digit leads…That reeks of this franchise’s history of snagging defeat from the jaws of victory…

You should watch more football then. Pretty much every team has games like that.

KC almost choked against Denver after being up 27-0 and held on for dear life to win 34-28.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

It's because the Chiefs are right on us, the Bengals are 1-game behind, and our offense is scoring about 25 ppg now. 

Defense and the running game are going to have to step up, because I don't see many answers in this Bills passing game with Spencer Brown a turnstile, and Gabe Davis only running the comeback sideline route. 

People who don't want Allen to run, we'd be at 18 points per game without his ability. 

1 hour ago, JaCrispy said:

Part of me still feels like this team is fools gold…hopefully I’m wrong…

Im frustrated with this team as well, but I feel the exact opposite…

I think we’re much better than we’ve shown. 

There are some shortcomings, but every team has them .. Even with the injuries, the defense is loaded with talent, and we have the most talented QB in the league, with an elite WR1 and solid supporting cast (OL, WR, RB, TE).  

When you have the QB, with those ingredients, it’s up to coaching and execution.. because we have Super Bowl talent. 

So far, especially on offense, the coaching and execution has been poor. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

They look kinda similar to the last few games of the regular season last year...anyone remember that Falcons game?

I do. That was a really uneven game.

However, the Bills had been showing signs up to that point of really starting to click on offense, and they still ran the ball effectively against Atlanta in spite of Allen's poor showing. 

10-3 Feels great to me.  As I alluded to in a previous post, the last 6 weeks (now 7 weeks) since the bye have been tough for a variety of reasons.

1) 3 back to back 2 INT games.  The good news is that we are no longer seeing forced balls to the middle of the field. 

2) Josh Allen has been playing with in injured throwing elbow for the since the end of first Jets game and 5 weeks since then.  The good news is that it is slowly getting better.

3) There was a span of a few weeks where flu, injury, and 77 inches of snow severely disrupted the amount of practice time that Allen in particular and the team in general was able to get in.  The good news is that time is over. 

4) Allen didn't get the bounce back game I was hoping for today because quite frankly, the weather sucked.  The good news is we still beat a very good Jets team. 

The Bills are in every game.  The games they have lost have generally been down to the wire.  Both Cincy and Miami have lost uglier this year. 

Looks forward to the Miami game. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

The mighty chieftains played to a one-score W against the sorry sack punchline Broncos today…the Broncos scored more points on them than they’d scored against anyone else all season, IIRC. Just a little comp perspective, is all. 

And the Broncos Defense has been dominating and were at home and Mahomes & KC put up 34 points.  Wilson had his best game of the season and at home.

The Broncos have lost 8 one score games, they're snake bit.

The Bills struggled mightily at home in a revenge game against another scrub QB.

The Bills are 10-3.  I'm happy with the record, not how they're winning games.   

Edited by Billsfan1972
  • Dislike 1

32 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Another issue, is the the sting of 13 seconds last year, makes Bills fans more than any other sports fans realize, it always possible for the team to steal defeat from the jaws of Victory. Makes it painful to watch all of these close games. 

I feel like you need to win some close games in a season for whenever the playoffs hit you don’t want your team to wilt under pressure

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.