NFL Week #14 - Jets at Bills - Post game thread

BuffaloBill

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Your guys have to make those 50/50 type plays once in awhile though and ours never do.  You’re not gonna get an absolutely perfect laser beam every throw and our guys can’t even catch those types of passes with regularity 

Oh, I get that, and I often fault our guys. But that was frankly an easy play for Moseley to swat it away. He was in ideal position and is a ridiculously physical player to boot. Hardly any receiver is holding onto that one.

1 minute ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

You've got it. And you haven't drank yourself to death since Harry Kane's spot kick, so you've got that going for you as well. 

He knows we are still alive after 4 SB losses in a row and lost to KC the last 2 years in a row with the last ending in 13 seconds.  

1 minute ago, Coffeesforclosers said:

You'll get no objections from me.

Whatever happens this year, get Kromer his guys in the off season.

Kromer's an asset. Utilize him. 

I think more than anything the Jets are a bad matchup for us. Kinda like the Pats were during the Kelly era...we had a game like this almost every year against them and even lost one or two ugly ones to them

Just now, Nitro said:

Hard fought win.  I expected the Jets defense to be stout.  Bills have a defense that allows other teams to stay in games.  The last four games are going to be a grind.  Frazier has his hands full as does Dorsey.  

Just keep stacking wins and finding a way. That's what good teams do this time of year.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3

Who tf told Josh this doesn't look like a super bowl caliber offense in his post game presser? Had to be Sullivan right? People are so stupid.

Ps, I agree that the offense didn't look great today, but what did that reporter want Josh to say. Ya we suck? Lol so dumb

• Like (+1) 6

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

Because a head injury with Tua is not the same as ribs with White and you saw what they did with Flacco in there. Nothing.

Exactly. They put White back because they knew they couldn't win with Flacco. But White wasn't in the right mental or physical state to be out there after being challenged the way he was.

Credit to him, he's got guts, but he almost ended up having them over his uniform because they didn't pull him out when they should have done.

Just now, dave mcbride said:

Oh, I get that, and I often fault our guys. But that was frankly an easy play for Moseley to swat it away. He was in ideal position and is a ridiculously physical player to boot. Hardly any receiver is holding onto that one.

If this was a one time thing for Knox or any of our receivers I’d agree with you but we just never make plays like that it seems.  And we’ve got guys like singletary and McKenzie getting hit right in the bread basket dropping passes

• Like (+1) 2

As frustrated as I am with the Offense … 

The Defense was possessed today.  Some people think defenses need to pitch shutouts to have a good game … no, our defense was psychotic today.  

Bad intentions, and the pass rush looks like they did some kind of ritual to absorb the spirit of Von Miller. 

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Your guys have to make those 50/50 type plays once in awhile though and ours never do.  You’re not gonna get an absolutely perfect laser beam every throw and our guys can’t even catch those types of passes with regularity 

This.  People need to stop making excuses for our skill players.  Our skill players dropped more passes today than our opponents have all season. Brutal.  Something has to change.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, Fixxxer said:

At least four. The passing Game was very erratic

McKenzie had 4 alone. I think Knox had 2, and that’s not counting the pass on that last drive, which was a good play by Mosley. Singletary dropped one that probably would have taken away the safety, as it would have moved the ball out and given a 3rd and short.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, SCBills said:

As frustrated as I am with the Offense … 

The Defense was possessed today.  Some people think defenses need to pitch shutouts to have a good game … no, our defense was psychotic today.  

Bad intentions, and the pass rush looks like they did some kind of ritual to absorb the spirit of Von Miller. 

Two absolutely perfect passes from Mike white away from a shutout on the defensive side 

Just now, Steptide said:

Who tf told Josh this doesn't look like a super bowl caliber offense in his post game presser? Had to be Sullivan right? People are so stupid.

Ps, I agree that the offense didn't look great today, but what did that reporter want Josh to say. Ya we suck? Lol so dumb

"We know that wasn't good enough this week, it was disappointing. But we know we can do better and we will do better moving forward"?

I think Allen played a pretty good game overall but he did start poorly.  Disappointing to see Bills receivers drop so many. 
Bills need to grease up some balls and practice catching slippery balls!

Bills caught a break too when Jets Williams went out.  Good win but once again the Bills did not play as well as they could have.  A lot of it was due to the weather but as mentioned by others here, didn't seem to affect the Jets receivers to much.

Brutally tough physical game. Nothing easy for either team today. Awful weather, slick ball, dropped passes.  Bills somehow didn’t fumble or throw a pick so they get an A+ for that. That’s probably why they won, the Jets had two.

All in all this is one of those games when the offense wasn’t working and they found a way to win and get the hell outta there.

So many drops by our receivers. If Knox catches that surprise pass on the last Bills drive the Jets never see the ball again. 

I thought it was a bad call at first, but in retrospect I think it was a ballsy move to put them away. Bills were in a lot of third-and-long situations all day.

Edited by Dr. K

4 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Exactly. They put White back because they knew they couldn't win with Flacco. But White wasn't in the right mental or physical state to be out there after being challenged the way he was.

Credit to him, he's got guts, but he almost ended up having them over his uniform because they didn't pull him out when they should have done.

He gave them the best shot at tying the game. 

You don't mess around with head injuries like Miami did with Tua.

Ribs are not the same kind of injury. I remember Jim Kelly playing through bruised ribs for a few weeks.

Edited by Billz4ever

Just not impressed this year with Dorsey's spread offense mentality that ignores defenses, elements, and game clock situations.

He owes Allen and the defense for bailing out his crap game plan.

I am glad this defense balled out, and we made enough plays to win. Too many game balls to hand out.

Had that weak showing after the half, but credit the Jets for seeing something they could adjust to and exploit.

Shout out to Bass too, who has been solid.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.