Mac Jones fined for flicking ball at Epenesa

YoloinOhio

Was allen fined when he flicked the ball at the chiefs guy in the playoffs? I can’t remember 

Just now, Augie said:

Well, Josh is a pretty good ball flicker himself. Did he get fined vs Chiefs? Either way, he can afford it, and it made me chuckle! He can afford $10k to give me a laugh! 

Posted at same time on this haha

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Big TBD energy from McCorkle here should we start a gofundme for his fine

What I found weird and odd about this is he was fined DOUBLE of what the Bills player who got flagged and thrown out of the game.  The NFL fining policy makes ZERO sense.  (Before people attack me about this I am not saying the fine should have been more but how is throwing a ball at someone and into the ground the same as someone who was flagged for a hit and kicked out for said hit.. makes zero sense.) 

2 hours ago, Augie said:

Well, Josh is a pretty good ball flicker himself. Did he get fined vs Chiefs? Either way, he can afford it, and it made me chuckle! He can afford $10k to give me a laugh! 

Why all the concern?!  He'll clear that on branded MJ🏈10 merchandise in 8 or 10 years!  (Providing he can get cousins to buy some...)

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Don't they go to charity

I say go ahead and fine them egregiously, lol

About as questionable is some of the calls the officials come up with every Sunday.

They do "go to charity" I'm sure in part but you know they are probably still taking some of that money.

2 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

About as questionable is some of the calls the officials come up with every Sunday.

They do "go to charity" I'm sure in part but you know they are probably still taking some of that money.

I looked it up; it goes to former players. Amounts negotiated through the CBA. I guess there's the possibility of some round-about shenanigans, but I have no reason to think so.

13 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I looked it up; it goes to former players. Amounts negotiated through the CBA. I guess there's the possibility of some round-about shenanigans, but I have no reason to think so.

I always question "100% of the donations go to...." stuff.  Like the Dalton fund having 1/4 of the money raised going to their management firm.

And just the fact that the NFL is tax-exempt for being a "non-profit" is enough for me to question it.

Edited by The Wiz

25 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I always question "100% of the donations go to...." stuff.  Like the Dalton fund having 1/4 of the money raised going to their management firm.

And just the fact that the NFL is tax-exempt for being a "non-profit" is enough for me to question it.

I'm sure other shady stuff goes on, but stuff like this that they are intentionally transparent with is usually buttoned up

The NFL knows people are watching it all, especially when it involves the NFLPA, CBA and all that

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.