Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I’m with you here but that would make message boards pretty much pointless in general haha. It’s pretty much just fans debating their gut feelings at the end of the day 😂

No it wouldn't.  We would still be able to discuss actual information and share opinions based on facts.  In no way are message boards limited to "idk, cud be done for the season.  Hope I'm wrong, bro"

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

IDK who needs to hear this (but apparently it’s at least half of this message board, most of Twitter and a good portion of political talk shows), but here goes:

NO ONE GIVES A CRAP ABOUT YOUR “GUT FEELING.”  Nobody.  Not a single person in the world cares what your “gut” is telling you.  We might as well hear from your cat, or read our Alphabets cereal in the morning.

Look, I recognize that many people make significant financial and life decisions based on their “gut” and that’s their prerogative - but it takes a certain special kind of derangement to assume that any other human being cares a wink about what your “gut” says to you.

I've heard every range of "gut feeling" from playing sunday to out for the year. And of course someone is going to be right and say "see i knew it!"

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I really don’t think he’s gonna miss any time.  Sounds like he banged his funnybone to me and they’re being overly cautious but of course that’s based on almost nothing lol 

I hope so, but it definitely was not a bang on the funny bone, It was like a bad arm wrestling match when the opponent has all the leverage. Josh's arm was moving forward and the defender snapped it back. With that kind of force, Josh had no leverage or foundation to push back and it snapped his elbow back at a very awkward angle. I pray to God he is ok, but that looked painful.

There is no way Allen is going to tweet about his own injury status.  He knows better and the team does as well.  He may just say something positive ala Hyde after the diagnosis comes out from the team/insiders.

Allen will stay hum on the topic until the team decides he can be more open.

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Good choice, very tasty.  Classic or Barcelona?

Ingredients

2 ounces Pusser’s rum

4 ounces pineapple juice

1 ounce orange juice, freshly squeezed

1 ounce cream of coconut

Garnish: nutmeg, freshly grated

Garnish: pineapple wedge

Steps

Add the rum, pineapple juice, orange juice and cream of coconut to a shaker with ice and shake vigorously but briefly to combine.

Strain into a hurricane glass or snifter over crushed ice.

Garnish with freshly grated nutmeg and a pineapple wedge.

Serve with a straw.

Thad Brown:

https://twitter.com/thadbrown7/status/1589727577744478208?s=20&t=z4oIvfrcbh23sZEmDz1MXQ

21 minutes ago, Process said:

Ucl injuries seem pretty rare in football. Just out of curiosity, is injuring it once something that stays with you and puts you at higher risk going forward? Or does it fully heal and Josh dealing with it twice in 4 years just bad luck?

I heard on ESPN that its the same injury he had in college so it is re-occuring

Just now, JerseyBills said:

Did he actually rule him out or just made that comment?

He used the past tense.  He was asked "why didn't Tre play?" he said because he wasn't ready. 

He was then asked an involved question about why they activated him to not play him for 3 games and whether there was a setback, he said "I'm not gonna get into that"

He was asked straight out if Tre had a setback he said "no, no setback"

He wasn't asked if Tre would play next week but I would give very good odds if he had been he woulda said "we'll take it one day at a time"

1 minute ago, Beck Water said:

He used the past tense.  He was asked "why didn't Tre play?" he said because he wasn't ready. 

He was then asked an involved question about why they activated him to not play him for 3 games and whether there was a setback, he said "I'm not gonna get into that"

He was asked straight out if Tre had a setback he said "no, no setback"

He wasn't asked if Tre would play next week but I would give very good odds if he had been he woulda said "we'll take it one day at a time"

That's a bit of a reach. Imo. 

4 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

I heard on ESPN that its the same injury he had in college so it is re-occuring

? not to my knowledge.  He had what was probably a sprained AC joint his last season in college. 

He had a UCL injury that kept him out 4 games his rookie NFL season though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

NFL Network clip going around stating "Bills are hopeful Allen can practice and play through it".

Saw that as well but there is no news there. None of this is being reported AFTER the further testing had been made. Hope means nothing right now. I hope all of our players are back this Sunday.....but they won't be.

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

IDK who needs to hear this (but apparently it’s at least half of this message board, most of Twitter and a good portion of political talk shows), but here goes:

NO ONE GIVES A CRAP ABOUT YOUR “GUT FEELING.”  Nobody.  Not a single person in the world cares what your “gut” is telling you.  We might as well hear from your cat, or read our Alphabets cereal in the morning.

Look, I recognize that many people make significant financial and life decisions based on their “gut” and that’s their prerogative - but it takes a certain special kind of derangement to assume that any other human being cares a wink about what your “gut” says to you.

They’re called Alpha Bits

21 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Honestly, why do you come to an internet message board and read the comments?

The entire point is to have a conversation and go back and forth with opinions, conjecture, whatever. If you just want to read what is going on without any outside noise, stick to the front page of TBD. Otherwise coming here, or any other internet message board, will always be "This is what I think will happen..." or "I think player X is underperforming because of ABC..."

Stop thumbing your nose at a concept you don't need to participate in. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I agree with this, mostly...

I no longer feel anywhere near the level of confidence I had earlier in the season.   I'll admit, I did not expect this team to have the now, annual, mid-season swoon of run Defense struggles, JA issues and Offensive clunkiness.

I will say, I don't see anyone better than us.  Chiefs are still the main threat, and they are having similar issues as us.  

Eagles, I do not buy.. they have been an outlier of health and have (and will continue to have) the easiest schedule - by far - of any contender. 

I would say at this point the AFC is more wide open that I thought. The Bills and Chiefs are still probably one and two just because of the QBs they have. However, the gap seems to be closing with several other teams more than capable of beating them. Miami being in the forefront of the conversation followed by Cinci, Balt, and SD. 

28 minutes ago, Logic said:

People keep saying this, but no one seems to mention that MAKING that 70 yard throw on an injured arm could have injured it worse. 

People also fail to mention the incredible capabilities of the human body when adrenaline is coursing through it. See Tommy Doyle playing a bunch of snaps on a torn ACL.

There would have been some type of reaction immediately after by Allen if that was the case which to my knowledge there wasn't.

Doyle according to Beane in an interview I watched where he talked about it said he played the last 4 snaps with the ACL injury. Certainly not nothing, but not a bunch either.

Just now, Big Turk said:

There would have been some type of reaction immediately after by Allen if that was the case which to my knowledge there wasn't.

Doyle according to Beane in an interview I watched where he talked about it said he played the last 4 snaps with the ACL injury. Certainly not nothing, but not a bunch either.

Doyle played because we didn't have any other linemen.  They were all out due to heat exhaustion.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I agree with this, mostly...

I no longer feel anywhere near the level of confidence I had earlier in the season.   I'll admit, I did not expect this team to have the now, annual, mid-season swoon of run Defense struggles, JA issues and Offensive clunkiness.

I will say, I don't see anyone better than us.  Chiefs are still the main threat, and they are having similar issues as us.  

Eagles, I do not buy.. they have been an outlier of health and have (and will continue to have) the easiest schedule - by far - of any contender. 

It's frustrating for sure. It's almost like they get to a point where they just think they are going to show up and win on talent alone due to previous results and then it takes them a few weeks to realize that isn't going to happen. Like they don't have the maturity to not allow it to happen. It's frustrating because I really do feel the only team that can beat us is us. Stupid turnovers, dumb mistakes, bad run fits.  And the thing that makes it even more frustrating is with all that, they still are only losing by 3 points or less and are in the game til the last second.

2 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Doyle played because we didn't have any other linemen.  They were all out due to heat exhaustion.

Yes, Beane referenced that as to why he kept playing when he asked him. He told him there was nobody else left so I knew I had to do whatever I could to stay in there.

48 minutes ago, Process said:

It's not reason to panick but come on, he was in Germany yesterday too and I'm sure Allen's schedule hasn't changed that much. 

They don't want Josh doing the interview before McDermott speaks to the media tomorrow. Doesn't mean bad news is coming but thats what is going on.

Right now if I had to guess, Josh misses 1-3 games. And come January Bills are back to being Superbowl favorites. But who knows. 

It could have depending on if he is meeting with doctors or doing tests, etc.

But yeah, it feels like the Bills don't want any advance knowledge of the injury prior to McD talking to the media about it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, muppy said:

51 pages of conjecture. 🍿 someone needs to kiss his boo boo and it'll feel better I promise!

*sigh*

I say listen to his Drs not media pundits but that's just me.

Josh's doctors unlikely to be talking to the press nor should they.

If kissing the elbow is needed beyond what Brittany or his teammates can do, I feel certain Bills Mafia Volunteers would line up at the practice facility, around the stadium and snaked through the lots.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.