Josh Allen injury update(officially questionable - expected to start per Ian Rappaport)

Big Turk

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

This guy "claims" to know something everyone else doesn't (thru Joshs GF text messages to his friend)...

claiming Josh getting PRP treatment/partially torn UCL...which is likely bogus.  He's also borderline unstable, with his responses to others.  Take it for what it's worth.

This isn’t his “gut feeling” is it?

Because …..

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

This guy "claims" to know something everyone else doesn't (thru Joshs GF text messages to his friend)...

claiming Josh getting PRP treatment/partially torn UCL...which is likely bogus.  He's also borderline unstable, with his responses to others.  Take it for what it's worth.

And you’re falling for it?

1 hour ago, nucci said:

There's hope....brilliant reporting. I'm hoping he can play thru it too

If there's even hope that he can play through it that tells me they already know it isn't season ending. It's a matter of figuring out how severe it is and how long he'll need before it's safe to play.

My gut tells me it's 50/50 he plays this week. Anyways gonna log off for a few hours, hope to see some good discussion about this when I come back.

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

If there's even hope that he can play through it that tells me they already know it isn't season ending. It's a matter of figuring out how severe it is

Or it could be telling us (him): You’ll need surgery, but there’s a chance you’ll be able to play with it without risking further damage, and you can  the surgery in the off-season. 
In other words, we just don’t know. 

Edited by The Frankish Reich

I knew this would happen (Allen getting hurt) and many people on here laughed and made fun of my posts.  I said that it is all fun and games until you get hurt.  Whether it is bad awareness in the pocket or taking off and running without sliding.  This style of play has a very short shelf life.

• Vomit 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Dislike 1

Just now, KeLLy1278 said:

I knew this would happen (Allen getting hurt) and many people on here laughed and made fun of my posts.  I said that it is all fun and games until you get hurt.  Whether it is bad awareness in the pocket or taking off and running without sliding.  This style of play has a very short shelf life.

You mean getting hit in the pocket in an unlucky way? Come on. Nothing here about Allen’s style of play has anything to do with this particular injury. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Well, if CMZ says it then it must be true.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Josh has bad pocket awareness?  Is this a bad fkn joke?  He probably has better pocket awareness than any other qb in the league, maybe Mahomes is close. Can't do much when your RT whiffs on a block and you get blindsided when attempting to throw down the field. Any other poor critiques?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Christian McZaffrey is a liar. You heard it here first. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

What an incredibly bad take.  Is this sarcasm?  Bad awareness in the pocket?  His right tackle was beat like a drum and he was trying to make a throw.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Yeah, 23 hrs ago he was all "McDermott is devastated"

Then 4 hrs later he knows something no one else does?

C'Mon Man.

The "partially torn UCL" is very likely true.  All but the very mildest sprains involve some tearing.

The PRP injection is not unlikely - PRP is very trendy treatment now

But the idea that Allen has a serious tear and is going to play immediately given a PRP shot kinda strains credulity.

PRP has been an option that some athletes with serious tears have used to avoid surgery and return to play - on a timeline of MONTHS, not the same week.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

You think that's a major weakness of his and that's why he got hurt?

13 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Life of the party...

You knew the offensive line would get torched and Allen would get drilled by a hit that no QB could have evaded well enough or threw away quick enough?  Do yourself a favor, Google "Confirmation Bias".

This injury is a result of the line being a turnstyle that play, not anything to do with Josh's play.

• Like (+1) 3

You are brilliant !!  Football players play a violent game and occasionally get hurt. Wow, bad pocket awareness from a guy who throws a lot and has been sacked few times. The narrative from guys like you was the running. You now are pushing pocket awareness. Again your brilliant!

• Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

The children were right to laugh at you, Kelly.

Link any post where you predicted an elbow injury where a DE caught him at the perfect moment in his throwing motion.

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

Jim Carrey Mistake GIF

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

"This style of play"?!

Josh got hurt standing right in the middle of the pocket, looking downfield. The same could have happened to Dan Marino, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Joe Montana, or *insert any other prototypical dropback QB you can think of here*. 

He didn't get hurt running. He didn't get hurt stiff-arming or hurdling a defender.

He got hurt standing right in the damn pocket. 

Those of us who say that the "his style of play risks injury!" stuff is overblown often point out that most quarterback injuries happen IN THE POCKET, not when the QB is scrambling.

Josh Allen has now had two career injuries to his throwing arm, and wouldn't you know it, both happened while he was standing in the pocket.

If you want to blame poor play by the o-line or blame Beane for not upgrading that line, then have at it. But to claim that Josh's "style of play" has ANYTHING to do with this injury is laughable and demonstrably false.

Edited by Logic
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 6

33 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

I'm sorry who are you?  I don't think "many people" even read your (alleged) posts.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, KeLLy1278 said:

You should be banned from being a bills fan. And definitely banned from this site so we don’t have to read such 💩 

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I'm sorry who are you?  I don't think "many people" even read your (alleged) posts.

Come on man!!  You need to keep up with your tbd roster.  Dude is a legend.  In his own mind, but a legend somewhere and that’s what matters 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

I don’t think they’d let him play with a partial ucl tear 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MasterStrategist said:

I tend not to be one who wants to believe anyone on Twitter.  I guess it would be a classy move for this Guy, who if somehow was provided information through his friends to release  it to the world before the Team and Josh himself..

He seems like the type of Guy who has earned that trust. 🙄If he ends up being  right or wrong kind of a  a s”#%ty move either way. 

Edited by loveorhatembillsfan4life
  • Agree 1

the only thing that can give us a definitive dx is a mri in this case if it is indeed a UCL sprain. If he didnt have an MRI by now, id be very surprised so i doubt thats the case.

we can only really speculate on is why the Bills arent telling us the dx, is it for competitive advantage against the vikings? is it because it was negative and they are hoping he can deal with some pain through out the week to play? or is it because they are afraid to break the news that he indeed needs to sit out some games. I dont think its the last one, bc news like that breaks out rather fast.

Edited by GETTOTHE50

17 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I don’t think they’d let him play with a partial ucl tear 

A partial ligament tear is also known as a sprain. (A sprain can also be a stretching of ligaments.) The only possibilities were those two or a full tear. They’d have know right away if it was fully torn, so that’s out. It seems like this would all be put to bed already if the UCL was just stretched out. So we’re left with a partial tear. That could range from something very slight to a bad, but not complete tear. The guy might know something or he might just be making a logical guess, but he’s probably right. Here’s hoping it is something slight and some stretched ligaments. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Someone knows something.

Spill It Martin Short GIF by HULU

I know a few things. One of them is how hard it is to look at that gif.

Just now, Bills Fan in MD said:

I think he's the founder of Prestige Worldwide, global entertainment conglomerate and sponsor of the Catalina Wine Mixer.

Boats and Ho's

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.