Hockenson traded to the Vikings

Big Blitz

• Big Blitz changed the title to Hockenson traded to the Vikings
1 minute ago, Process said:

If I'm reading this right it's basically a 2nd round pick for TJ and a 4th? That's an absolute steal for Minnesota.

But the Lions did owe them after one of the worst draft pick trades I've ever seen last draft.

It is, especially because it looks like that's going to be a late 2nd round pick. Nice job by the Vikes. 

1 minute ago, Process said:

If I'm reading this right it's basically a 2nd round pick for TJ and a 4th? That's an absolute steal for Minnesota.

But the Lions did owe them after one of the worst draft pick trades I've ever seen last draft.

No, they are getting 4 picks.  2nd and 4th next year. 4th and conditional 4th(most likely going to be a 3rd) in 2024.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

No, you forgot one.  The Bills...who are stacked and already made major moves in the offseason.  Step away from the ledge.  Is this your first year following the Bills?

Hyde and Poyer injured. We aren’t winning the AFC with Hamlin and Johnson as a safety duo.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

WTF is Detroit doing?  Why not just give him away for free

Minnesota let Detroit trade up and get Jameson Williams basically for free, so they owed them. 

The trades these two teams are making with each other are very odd. 

5 minutes ago, HopelessNJBuffaloFan said:

Unlike most folks on here, i do not want to trade to just trade. I honestly believe we do not really need to add anyone. I know "everybody else got better" crap. There was a reason we were picked as the favorite. That's not going to change after the deadline.  

Many people here seem to think managing a real NFL football team is just like fantasy football.  It is not.  In the case of Hockenson, why would a team that targets the TE less than any other in football trade anything for a TE who is perhaps marginally better than what they have?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Hyde and Poyer injured. We aren’t winning the AFC with Hamlin and Johnson as a safety duo.

Since you already know who is winning the AFC, can you tell me?  While you are at it, let me know who won the Super Bowl this year.  I want to go put a bunch of money on it.  How IS that sports almanac working out for you Biff?

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Going to be alot of upset people on here at 4pm

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

Vikings now have a stud RB, WR, TE, and above average QB.  Also a very good D.  They made a move to put themselves in position to win now and later.   Unclear why we didn’t try to swing this.  

How do you know they didn’t try?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.