Great night game experience! However....

Adamb412

2 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

I met Justin Sterna and his friends after game in the parking lot. He holds the longest streak of attending Packers games, home/away/playoffs. Look him up. He was a really cool dude. But they were all wasted and came up to me to ask where One Big Tree was. That's where they parked and forgot how to get back there. So I hate when people say GB fans had a bad experience because of the drunks. I saw more drunk Packers fans than sober ones. And guess what, lots of people get drunk and pass out during day games too. Night games have no bearing on how stupid people wanna get.  

I’d be drunk all the time too if I were a Packers fan currently.

• Haha (+1) 2

On 10/31/2022 at 9:02 AM, gonzo1105 said:

I’ll be honest. I don’t know if it’s the night games and fans aren’t used to it or if Bills fans have already become spoiled by this team but the crowd noise this season has been not as loud as you’d expect from a SB contending team. 

Outside of the Bills unique intro, I thought the atmosphere was just ehh 

This is a more recent phenomenon. During the SB run if the 90’s the goal of the crowd was to be as loud and disruptive as possible. We lived the moment. Now the goal is to go to the party , be part of the scene and hold up your phone  to get it all on Instagram.  Maybe even get on the video board or seen on TV. Smartphones have diminished societal behavior in so many ways. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 3

On 10/31/2022 at 4:51 AM, Baba Booey said:

It’s Bills Mafia!!!! Buffalo is known for the craziest fans in the NFL! You think there’s no booze involved in that? Must have been first time at the stadium, huh?

I attended a Bills Pats ** game in 2006. The game was a blow out and the atmosphere was gross. Drunks pissing everywhere swearing, fighting obnoxious disgusting animal behaviour. I didn’t enjoy it at all. Why would anyone get so drunk they can’t remember the game?

3 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

I met Justin Sterna and his friends after game in the parking lot. He holds the longest streak of attending Packers games, home/away/playoffs. Look him up. He was a really cool dude. But they were all wasted and came up to me to ask where One Big Tree was. That's where they parked and forgot how to get back there. So I hate when people say GB fans had a bad experience because of the drunks. I saw more drunk Packers fans than sober ones. And guess what, lots of people get drunk and pass out during day games too. Night games have no bearing on how stupid people wanna get.  

49 games? That's cute.  

tom8eavx8xdmtjlxrb8p.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 10/31/2022 at 1:50 AM, Adamb412 said:

I think I know why the bills don't have night games. Literally everyone around me was tuned up on booze.... The guy in front of me literally pissed himself and left a puddle and was asleep/passed out the most of the game.

Honestly, as a season ticket holder, I hate prime time home games. I have to tailgate so long (so tough!), I don’t remember much from the game, and Monday’s are hell. But it’s the price I pay to be a bills fan. 

2 hours ago, AlfaBill said:

I attended a Bills Pats ** game in 2006. The game was a blow out and the atmosphere was gross. Drunks pissing everywhere swearing, fighting obnoxious disgusting animal behaviour. I didn’t enjoy it at all. Why would anyone get so drunk they can’t remember the game?

I totally agree with you, especially with ticket prices. But you can’t go into a game, hearing all the tailgate stories, and be surprised by it. 

1 hour ago, Baba Booey said:

I totally agree with you, especially with ticket prices. But you can’t go into a game, hearing all the tailgate stories, and be surprised by it. 

I was. I expected some rowdy football type stuff. We have CFL and NHL up-here and it’s nowhere near as bad. I also attended  European soccer matches. What I saw in Buffalo was absolutely gross. No offence guys, it just that it was beyond normal rowdy behaviour. I would not bring my family anywhere near there. 

• Agree 1

On 10/31/2022 at 9:02 AM, gonzo1105 said:

I’ll be honest. I don’t know if it’s the night games and fans aren’t used to it or if Bills fans have already become spoiled by this team but the crowd noise this season has been not as loud as you’d expect from a SB contending team. 

Outside of the Bills unique intro, I thought the atmosphere was just ehh 

The Bills are the flavor of the day currently. Unfortunately, this leads to true fans being priced out of games, handing tickets over to amateurs and fairweather fans who are only there to wear cute outfits and post on social media. Real recognize real, and there's plenty of drought-era fans still attending. But the vibe has shifted a bit. The fans ARE spoiled. We sat at home bitching during the second half with a comfortable lead because Allen wasn't hurdling people and throwing for 7 tds. 

On 10/30/2022 at 11:56 PM, Buffalo03 said:

Are there fans of other teams that don't do this?

Well…yes. At least not with nearly the same frequency. 
I love the Bills and Bills fans, but I have to say I was a little disappointed in how SNF played up the old tired memes: tailgate table dives, bowling ball shots, etc. Yeah, it’s still a thing, but not the thing it was when the actual game on the field wasn’t very interesting. 

By the way, not sure if this was mentioned, but it's very easy to get problem people removed. I'm shocked that nobody would remove a person passed out during the game. I was at Morgan Wallen in Syracuse this summer and some dude had too much of...something.... in the VIP section and was nodding off. Security kicked him right out. Nobody's there to watch that *****. Report these people and enjoy watching them get dragged out.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, HunTim said:

I wonder does anyone just go to the tailgate and then heads home in time to watch the game?

I’m lucky enough to live walking distance to the stadium so I do it a few times a year. 

find where some friends will be and meet them for a brew or 2 and a bite. Hang out and then head back home. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

I’m lucky enough to live walking distance to the stadium so I do it a few times a year. 

find where some friends will be and meet them for a brew or 2 and a bite. Hang out and then head back home. 

At my age, that sounds like bliss.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/30/2022 at 10:50 PM, Adamb412 said:

The guy in front of me literally pissed himself and left a puddle 

It happens. A girl at my gym peed herself while doing a deadlift yesterday. She came back with a mop at the end of her session to clean it up. Then today another girl peed herself while doing a squat. She also returned later with a mop.

Edited by chongli
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

23 hours ago, mrags said:

Or…

you can cut the trash out of the games and respectable people can go to games and not worry about getting puked on, pissed on, witness fornicating in the crowd, getting into fights, dealing with obnoxious 20 somethings that just got out of their moms basement for the first time and had their first beer. 

I agree but what is your plan to enforce “cutting out the trash?”  Should they breathalyze everyone at the gate and make it take forever to get in?  Should they not sell alcohol in the stadium?  Just curious how you would handle it as this nonsense happens at every nfl stadium

9 hours ago, Mafioso said:

I agree but what is your plan to enforce “cutting out the trash?”  Should they breathalyze everyone at the gate and make it take forever to get in?  Should they not sell alcohol in the stadium?  Just curious how you would handle it as this nonsense happens at every nfl stadium

Increase the fines and punishments for COC violations. 

1 and done policy. 

You pass out and vomit or Piss yourself. Lifetime ban from any stadium. 

fighting, you and any of your party you are with banned. 

if caught in a stadium, massive fine. Not like couple hundred bucks, talking thousands. 

• Agree 2

Not the same game but I took my 11 year old to the Syracuse/Notre Dame game on Saturday.   A Notre Dame fan and the Syracuse fan in front of him started going back and forth a bit in the 2nd quarter, each one of them was drinking one after another.  I kept an eye on them because I knew where it was going.  

By the 3rd the back and forth was getting louder.   Mocking started.

By the 4th threats started.

I grabbed my kid and said let's go because he was noticing too.  I let security know there was about to he a fight.   Did it more for the Notre Dame guy because while he was being a jerk, he was about to get his lunch eaten.  He had no business talking any crap because he was the type of guy who had no business being in a fight, especially in front of his parents and girlfriend.

Call it a joy kill call it whatever.   You're in a stadium of 70k people, the world doesn't revolve around you, stop being selfish.  Bottom line is if you're in public you owe it to the rest of the people who paid for a ticket not to be a jerk.

Edited by thenorthremembers

So much of it has to do with winning, especially in regards to the treatment opposing fans receive at RWS.  Mix alcohol in with a bad Bills team and the fighters are looking to engage. 

I have been to around 10-15 different stadiums around the NFL, and by far the treatment of opposing fans is the worst at RWS. 

• Haha (+1) 1

On 10/31/2022 at 1:50 AM, Adamb412 said:

I think I know why the bills don't have night games. Literally everyone around me was tuned up on booze.... The guy in front of me literally pissed himself and left a puddle and was asleep/passed out the most of the game.

I, too, am wet right now. Not from my own urine, mind you, but rather from my own tears. The condescension and hatred displayed in your thread among Bills Mafia brethren is what saddens me so. The sober versus the inebriated. The affluent versus the destitute. The wizened versus the smooth-skinned. Whatever happened to the new 2022 mantra of “choose love” and “Buffalove” and what not??

Urine. Let’s talk about it. Webster’s Dictionary defines “urine” as “waste material that is secreted by the kidney in vertebrates.” But if you don’t care much for fancy books with fancy technical mumbo-jumbo, do at least know that the drunkards form the very backbone of Bills Mafia. I’m referring to the typical Zubaz pants soilers, rosacea-ridden pugilists, folding table smashers, tailgate parking lot fornicators, etc… whose peculiar antics have apparently distinguished our NFL fanbase from others. Our beloved Bills team - players and coaches alike - can hear these peculiar fans, see them, FEEL them (in the non-tactile sense of the word), and yes…even SMELL them from the sidelines at every game.

“Oh, oh my…is that a waft of urine in the air?,” inquired you from your stadium seat. YES. Yes it was. That olfactory titillation that tickled your taut nose hairs was the special scent of loyalty, dedication, perseverance, love of Western New York community, and eternal hope for professional gridiron glory. Our Buffalo Bills football team knows this and draws great inspiration from this scent. Did or did not our hometown heroes get the proverbial “big dub” on Sunday night? Yes, and in no small part due to the urine-soaked apparel from those behavioral degenerates that are the subject of this thread.

“What the f*&k are you rambling on about now, Kay?!,” you ever so churlishly inquire. “Why the f*&k would the team be inspired by urine smells?!,” you ever so curtly implore. Well…I’m trying to tell you if you’d simply calm down…because our Buffalo Bills football team knows that a slightly sweet stench of ammonia is the waste product of a FAN-ATIC, in every sense of that word. Someone who puts effort into losing complete bodily control. Someone who is willing to risk their health, their jobs, and in some instances their families for a singular week 8 regular season interconference football game. You know…someone who actually CARES about the game of professional football. Or in more succinct terms: if you ain’t peein’, then you ain’t tryin’, honey!

I shall conclude my bizarre and somewhat nonsensical post with a (slightly paraphrased) quote from the very inspirational Marv Levy, who was quoting someone else who was probably great too:

“Cheer on, my fellow Bills fans.

We are drunk and can’t tell where from when.

So we’ll sit in our seats and pee awhile,

And then we’ll rise up and cheer again.”

EDIT: And on that renal-related note, off I go to the ladies’ room…teeheehee : )

Edited by ComradeKayAdams
  • Haha (+1) 1

Night games at the Ralph can be a little rough, inebriation-wise.

At the Titans Monday nighter this year, the person I went with may or may not have drank too much homemade moonshine at the tailgate and wound up palming a stranger's head like a basketball after the first Bills touchdown. I mean, it was a Titans fan, so it was okay, but still...😆

I had to politely explain to drunky drunk-pants that we don't palm stranger's heads without their consent at football games.

19 hours ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

By the way, not sure if this was mentioned, but it's very easy to get problem people removed. I'm shocked that nobody would remove a person passed out during the game. I was at Morgan Wallen in Syracuse this summer and some dude had too much of...something.... in the VIP section and was nodding off. Security kicked him right out. Nobody's there to watch that *****. Report these people and enjoy watching them get dragged out.  

Why does a passed out person bother you to the point that you think you have a right to get involved? I bet a lot of folks around here run for low-ranking seats on their HOA.

56 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

So much of it has to do with winning, especially in regards to the treatment opposing fans receive at RWS.  Mix alcohol in with a bad Bills team and the fighters are looking to engage. 

I have been to around 10-15 different stadiums around the NFL, and by far the treatment of opposing fans is the worst at RWS. 

I had Patriots fans throwing beer cans at me in the old stadium.  I've never seen it that bad at Highmark.  

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I had Patriots fans throwing beer cans at me in the old stadium.  I've never seen it that bad at Highmark.  

In my late teens, I was overly drunk and threw a beer at a Dolphins fan who kept turning around and flipping all of us the bird. It was not one of my proudest moments. Yes, I was one of those guys. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

In my late teens, I was overly drunk and threw a beer at a Dolphins fan who kept turning around and flipping all of us the bird. It was not one of my proudest moments. Yes, I was one of those guys. 

In 1988 I was at Madison Square Garden watching an arena football game.  There was a group of guys in their 20s in the row in front of me who were cursing throughout the game.  There was an older guy with a much younger woman sitting in front of them and he started telling them to stop cursing.  They continued cursing & when he turned around again they dumped their beers on him.  

9 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

In 1988 I was at Madison Square Garden watching an arena football game.  There was a group of guys in their 20s in the row in front of me who were cursing throughout the game.  There was an older guy with a much younger woman sitting in front of them and he started telling them to stop cursing.  They continued cursing & when he turned around again they dumped their beers on him.  

I was not that guy.

On 11/2/2022 at 12:52 AM, Mafioso said:

Increase ticket prices so that kids that still live in their parents basements can’t afford to go 

So I’m guessing you were sitting in the lower end zone and our the corners of the upper deck ? That’s where i have always observed said behaviors. 
In fact one game in the end zone a guy was in a night robe and passed out and we literally passed his sleeping body down 2 sections like he was a some sort of prop. That is why they have security at the games. Just notify them. 

Edited by Locomark
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, mrags said:

Increase ticket prices so that kids that still live in their parents basements can’t afford to go 

Eliminating that segment won't solve the problem!

It's not an age problem, it's a low life problem.

• Agree 1

On 10/31/2022 at 6:43 AM, Mickey said:

I try to pity rather than despise those, rich or poor, whose addictions lead them to turn every good time into an opportunity to drink themselves into a medical emergency.  When we talk with pride about the Bills Mafia being "crazy" we are not talking about passing out in a puddle of your own urine. 

Agree. Passing out in a puddle of someone else’s urine? That’s crazy.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.