Jaire Alexander vs Diggs

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Chicharito said:

You are absolutely Correct in this assessment. When they interviewed lafluer on the sideline the only thing I could think was this guy has no clue about football.

He seemed genuinely confused when asked what approach they were going to overcome a 17 point deficit, as if he suddenly realised he was responsible for working this out.  I did enjoy his preferred approach of just pretending the score was 0-0 and hoping for the best. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, BeastMaster said:

The trash talk clearly got in the heads of Diggs and Davis...a guy who never talks trash.

Coach needs to check both of them and remind them that they are professionals doing a job, and that you lose focus and composure when you engage in that garbage.

Just go out and let your play speak for itself 

When Gabe was telling this is too easy in KC after his TD and the other WRs we're screaming talk your 💩💩💩. That's not trash talking?

12 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

If you old timers are so smart, why didn't you have iPods or internet growing up?

The old timers as you call it invented the ipods and the internet.  Up to you new-timers to improve upon those in future years.  Lack of basic communication skills could prevent that from occurring.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Pasaluki said:

I think their play does speak for itself. 

I'll agree that they have to maintain composure because your worried about penalties more than anything else but I'm not worried about Diggs or Davis not being locked in or focused they are killers. 

Gabe was the polar opposite of locked in. It's fine we won, but would rather him stay out of it if it's going to effect his play

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, AuntieEm said:

The old timers as you call it invented the ipods and the internet.  Up to you new-timers to improve upon those in future years.  Lack of basic communication skills could prevent that from occurring.

This board is chock full of semi-literate old timers who lack basic communication skills.  While I love a spirited "ain't what it used to be!" rant its time to acknowledge that you're still using paper boarding passes and never learned to program your VCRs.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

Technological innovation certainly is a baby boomer thing these days. I can't tell you how many times I have to all my in laws to figure out how to use my phone, or log into a streaming service. 

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

This board is chock full of semi-literate old timers who lack basic communication skills.  While I love a spirited "ain't what it used to be!" rant its time to acknowledge that you're still using paper boarding passes and never learned to program your VCRs.

I just hired the nice young man down at the Walmart to set up my iPhone 5e for me.  

Now who’s your daddy? 

• Haha (+1) 2

Both Diggs and Davis should be embarrassed that they let somebody that irretrievably stupid get into their heads.

While only Davis got caught, they probably both should have been called for penalties that hurt the Bills offense because they were too weak to stay focused and tune out the noise.

A smart defender will absolutely take advantage of that weakness during a playoff game if they can't get a handle on it immediately.

• Agree 1

Just now, Simon said:

Both Diggs and Davis should be embarrassed that they let somebody that irretrievably stupid get into their heads.

While only Davis was, they probably both should have probably been called for penalties that hurt the Bills offense because they were too weak to stay focused and tune out the noise.

A smart defender will absolutely take advantage of that weakness during a playoff game if they can't get a handle on it immediately.

Davis got owned mentally and physically. When the defense gets you off your game that's a win for them. Hopefully he learns from this and uses it to get better

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Is this what Diggs and Alexander were beefing over?

I'm behind whoever made fun of the old guys lol

Don't get me wrong. I love me some Diggs. 

But....

Von Miller feels like one of the most nice and genuine humans on the planet, let alone on the football team.  Diggs is just chirping and poking all the time. Not loving it lately. Seems a bit more disruptive and less cocky trash talk/fun banter these days. Unsure if it has actually changed or if it is just the contrast between the two. 

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

5 hours ago, Rico said:

All I have to say to Jaire is “Scoreboard, chump.”

Which is all the Bills players should have kept saying to him instead of getting wrapped up in his little game and taking stupid penalties and trying to force stuff. Including Josh.

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Don't get me wrong. I love me some Diggs. 

But....

Von Miller feels like one of the most nice and genuine humans on the planet, let alone on the football team.  Diggs is just chirping and poking all the time. Not loving it lately. Seems a bit more disruptive and less cocky trash talk/fun banter these days. Unsure if it has actually changed or if it is just the contrast between the two. 

Diggs playing angry has worked so far. Starting with doing Ramsey so dirty on national TV and rolling from there. Last night was the first time it seemed to come back and bite the Offense. But we were up by 17 points at the time sooo.... 🤷‍♂️

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Jaire Alexander is some kind of ####### to light a fire in the best receiver in the NFL (yeah, I seddit).  Shut your mouth and let your playing do the talking.

Yeah not a smart strategy. Packers not very good and this guy focused on his personal rivalry with Diggs. Seems like a me guy and while a decent db got burned a few times. But Diggs and Gabe need to stay above that and just play. Bills were generally not focused on 2nd half, including Josh. 6-1 move on but I assume McBean will address it this week. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

Yeah not a smart strategy. Packers not very good and this guy focused on his personal rivalry with Diggs. Seems like a me guy and while a decent db got burned a few times. But Diggs and Gabe need to stay above that and just play. Bills were generally not focused on 2nd half, including Josh. 6-1 move on but I assume McBean will address it this week. 

The issue is likely from when Diggs was a Viking.  He has played for Green Bay since 2018 with Diggs leaving after 2019 season to Buffalo.

2018: https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3895429/type/nfl/year/2018

Sun 11/25 @ MIN L 24-17

Sun 9/16 vs MIN  T 29-29 OT

2019: https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/gamelog/_/id/3895429/type/nfl/year/2019

Mon 12/23 @ MIN W 23-10

Sun 9/15 vs MIN W 21-16

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1

I honestly think the trash talk and banter got in Diggs and Allen's head. Allen because he wanted Diggs to be "the man". There was a lot of bad energy going on and coming from GB towards the Bills. The Bills bought in and sort of became victim of it. They didn't play buffalo bills football. They played "pissing match football" that's why they looked different last night IMO. Not that it's worth much lol

21 hours ago, inthebuff said:

Diggs 6 catches for 108 yards and a TD

Then after the game he said Diggs is a decent receiver.

Wish I were a reporter, at that point I'd have asked him well if Diggs is only decent and he had 6 catches for 108 yards and a TD, what will really good receivers do against him? 

He'd probably beat the hell out of me for saying that.  Hopefully would have been an online interview.  LOL

1 hour ago, Goin Breakdown said:

I honestly think the trash talk and banter got in Diggs and Allen's head. Allen because he wanted Diggs to be "the man". There was a lot of bad energy going on and coming from GB towards the Bills. The Bills bought in and sort of became victim of it. They didn't play buffalo bills football. They played "pissing match football" that's why they looked different last night IMO. Not that it's worth much lol

Yeah I was kind of thinking the same.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Goin Breakdown said:

FWIW I actually had this thought myself.

There are some people who just rub you the wrong way. They don't even have to say anything and you want to punch them. Then they open their mouth and it makes that feeling 10 times worse. That's Jaire Alexander. He sounds like Kat Williams. Can you imagine that big headed, Kat Williams sounding idiot chirping at you on the way to the field. I'd wanna slap him and his momma too. Then he was trying to act like what he did was important with his team down multiple scores and everyone else basically understanding his team had no shot. He's an idiot. 

Did anyone else see the play where I believe Davis caught the ball for a short gain and it was Alexander and Davis out there one on one and Alexander made it look like he was going to come tackle him normally and then waited a split second and launched himself at Davis' knee?  I immediately thought that was a punk move and an attempted dirty(tho legal) play when I saw it...

Anyone else see it or have an opinion on it?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.