NFL Week 8: Around the NFL - Post about Sunday games not including the Bills - open at 8:36 AM

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Anyone have a beat on Wilson and the jets today? His yardage looked really good— curious how he looked and if we should be worried?! 

Here is what the beat writer said about him

"Zach Wilson was a disaster. It would be fair to pin this loss on him. He threw three interceptions, each one worse than the last. His aversion to throwing the ball cost the Jets a chance to finally beat the Patriots, who looked very beatable most of the day. Until the Jets get even average QB play, they won’t be going anywhere. – Rosenblatt"

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Anyone have a beat on Wilson and the jets today? His yardage looked really good— curious how he looked and if we should be worried?! 

1st half Zach Wilson was just average enough to win some games with that great defense, 2nd half Zach Wilson is a damn liability.

• Thank you (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Wilson was bad.  I'm not sure I'm prepared to say that he's the reason they lost, but he sure didn't help.

• Thank you (+1) 1

McAffrey is worth every draft pick the 49ers sent.

He is just as good a receiver as a runner. What a catch in the endzone.

21 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Can’t tell if you’re joking, but in case you’re not - he was horrendous. He was throwing INT’s directly to defenders.

Edited by Einstein
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, buffalobillswin said:

I wonder if they will flex Bills vs Vikings in 2 weeks. Potential game of 2 7-1 teams and it’s stuck at 1 pm 

They don't flex week 10 games.  They don't flex any games with a set schedule. It is a Fox game anyway.  They don't move the Cowboys out of the national game no matter who they are playing.  

Edited by Bills2022
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

They don't flex week 10 games.  They don't flex any games with a set schedule. It is a Fox game anyway.  They don't move the Cowboys out of the national game no matter who they are playing.  

That’s not true. You can flex games starting week 5 now. And it’s not a protected game by fox. The cowboys play at 4:25. I’m talking about flexing it to Sunday night. 

15 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

49ers are cutting through the Rams like a knife through butter, but I always think Jimmy G has an error in him...

They always beat the rams, it’s literally a rule almost. That said i stand with my prediction (and my bet) that the Niners are going to the SB. Got laughed at last week but it’s also my biggest fear. Don’t want to play these guys in a one game scenario. Nightmare matchup 

• Disagree 1

12 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Something about an extra $17.5m if he plays.

Yeah that could be it, or at least part of it. If he’s injured and can’t pass a physical in March (or whenever it is) they would be on the hook for $17.5M in additional guarantees to the $13 million (or something like that) they’re already on the hook for. 

It will be interesting to see if they move to Nick Foles if Ehlinger sucks too much, or if they go back to Ryan. That will tell us for sure whether it’s the injury guarantees.

Wilson looked really bad. I was not aware his stat line was quasi-decent, but it was largely in garbage time. They run tons of screens and WR screens too. If I recall a few dropped INTs by Pats defenders.

Mac Jones looked abysmal as well. 

They both take bad sacks and will be meat to our pass rush.

These teams are not good and likely do not have the future QBs on the roster. 

Again, Phins are the best team here apart from us, and it amazes me how Tua has improved his accuracy and the quality of his deep ball. He's meat too though....and will take bad sacks. I think this will shorten his career and cost them several games. Not sure if Tua is ever going to be a championship type gamer. 

Detroit should have won. Bad call late to go for that deep pass over picking up the 2 yards. That was gutsy but really a bad call. 

Edited by RichRiderBills

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.