NFL Week 8: Around the NFL - Post about Sunday games not including the Bills - open at 8:36 AM

BuffaloBill

Just now, buffalobillswin said:

That’s not true. You can flex games starting week 5 now. And it’s not a protected game by fox. The cowboys play at 4:25. I’m talking about flexing it to Sunday night. 

Sorry, I thought you meant into this time slot, which is why I referenced Cowboys/Packers game which is the Fox National Game in week 10.    No idea about Sunday Night.  You are probably right but not sure how they flex out a West Coast game Chargers/Niners for a 1pm East Coast game.   

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

To then wave goodbye next year and have no mid round pics?

That certainly is the downside…

On the other hand, do you think McVay cries into his massive SB ring because Von was a rental?

”Eff them picks” is the quote I remember. They got their ring.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Just posted the same thing.

Singletary likely gets 3 yards with the exact same blocking.

Starting to think that haul of pics SF gave up was worth it.

It was always worth it. The picks they gave up were just comp picks that didn’t matter. They gave up crappy comp picks to get a ticket to the SB this year. Well worth it. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

On the other hand, do you think McVay cries into his massive SB ring because Von was a rental?

This team doesnt want just A ring.  They want to compete for it every season.

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Einstein said:

That's a beyond ridiculous take. So their strategy worked. There was a very good chance that it wouldn't. There was nobody that thought that was honestly the best team in football last year. As if they knew ahead of time doing that would lead to that end result.

They got some luck in playoff games and in who they played in the SB. Either the Bills or Chiefs would have crushed them.

They got their ring, but needed a lot of help along the way. If you are going to risk that much you better not need help.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

I am starting to have a lot more respect for the NFC.  Eagles, Vikings, Niners, and even Cowboys are starting to look pretty impressive. 

Seahawks too.

Feels like the NFC is better than the AFC (Bills, Chiefs and perhaps Titans aside).

2 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

That's a beyond ridiculous take. So their strategy worked. There was a very good chance that it wouldn't. There was nobody that thought that was honestly the best team in football last year. As if they knew ahead of time doing that would lead to that end result.

They got some luck in playoff games and in who they played in the SB. Either the Bills or Chiefs would have crushed them.

They got their ring, but needed a lot of help along the way. If you are going to risk that much you better not need help.

Agree completely. 

In addition, their strategy has really only worked because they have drafted unbelievably well with the picks they kept. 

3 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

And the AFC is weakening

Honestly there are a lot of mediocre teams and only a few elite ones.

Chiefs and Bills are definitely in that category. Eagles likely are but their lack of quality opposition makes it hard to know. Might not know until the playoffs...they play nobody.

Just now, Big Turk said:

Did you watch the 49ers against the Chiefs last week?

McCaffrey just got there 2 or 3 days before the game.  They are going to keep getting better each week he is there.  They have a lot of talent and now have the type of offense that can keep good teams like the Bills and Chiefs high powered offenses on the sideline.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.