NFL Week 8: Around the NFL - Post about Sunday games not including the Bills - open at 8:36 AM

BuffaloBill

3 minutes ago, JMM said:

Top ten? 🤣🤣😂😆

By default because the rest of the league is so awful 

1) Allen 2) Mahomes 3) Burrow 4) Rogers 5) Herbert 6) Lamar 7) Tua 8 ) Hurts 9) Murray? 10) Geno Smith (this season anyway)

Edited by Roundybout

Just now, Bills2022 said:

They will have to fight to get the #1 seed.  The Vikings are no joke.  I can see a team like the Rams or Niners knocking out the Eagles.  

Eagles keep wrecking the bums put in front of them.  They look fantastic, but want to see how they fare against a real team or when facing adversity.  But, man, AJ Brown is such a freaking stud, Sanders is finally fulfilling his potential and Hurts appears to have taken a huge leap.  They look like they belong in the top-3 discussion with Buffalo and KC right now.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Hurts threw some jump balls too.  Not sure why Bills fans are so damn defensive when it comes to Tua.  He was 3rd in QBR and 4th in quarterback rating heading into today's game.  Those will obviously improve after today.

He'll never have a rocket arm or be in Josh or Mahomes stratosphere, and yes, he benefits from having great weapons, but he's become damn good given his limitations.

LIMITATIONS.  That's the key word and the ONLY word that is meaningful in your post. He is severely limited for a NFL qb. And that's without the fact he's one more concussion from being out of the league. 

7 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Hurts threw some jump balls too.  Not sure why Bills fans are so damn defensive when it comes to Tua.  He was 3rd in QBR and 4th in quarterback rating heading into today's game.  Those will obviously improve after today.

He'll never have a rocket arm or be in Josh or Mahomes stratosphere, and yes, he benefits from having great weapons, but he's become damn good given his limitations.

Don't be so defensive about people being defensive!

Just now, Bills2022 said:

They will have to fight to get the #1 seed.  The Vikings are no joke.  I can see a team like the Rams or Niners knocking out the Eagles.  

wins against the packers, (loss to the eagles) lions, saints, bears and miami. looking to beat the lowly cards.

call me unimpressed with the vikings.

rams/niners don't look like, at this point to have the knock out punch.

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

Eagles have a 2-game lead on the Vikings because they beat them week 2

I can see the Eagles dropping a few to teams like the Colts, Titans, Giants, and Cowboys.  I think the Vikings lose to the BIlls but they are looking at 14 or 15 wins.  Their division is terrible.  

2 minutes ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

wins against the packers, (loss to the eagles) lions, saints, bears and miami. looking to beat the lowly cards.

call me unimpressed with the vikings.

rams/niners don't look like, at this point to have the knock out punch.

We will see when the play in Buffalo, but their schedule screams 14 or 15 wins. 

21 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

People here will still tell you he stinks.  I'm not a Tua lover by any means, but he's come a long way and is a legitimate top-10 QB when healthy.

I really don't agree, and I'm not just saying that to be a homer.  I really think Tua does not have the arm strength, pocket awareness, or frame to to succeed in the NFL.  He looks fine playing against teams like the Lions and Ravens, who give him wide-open WRs that he can sort of hit if he puts all his strength into it.  He's not a QB who is capable of beating good teams.  That includes us, by the way -- Miami won that game thanks to weather conditions and self-inflicted mistakes by the Bills, not anything Tua did.  

To be clear, I don't think Tua "stinks."  He's fine, and the Dolphins can definitely win with him.  But he's a guy you can win with, not a guy who wins games.

Edited by BillsFanSD
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.