All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

I was all about OBJ, but said earlier in the thread that once he said he wouldn't play in the regular season.. I was kind of over it.  

I don't know that I love him getting his first targets from Allen in the Playoffs... and I highly doubt last week, and this weeks weather, made Buffalo wildly enticing to OBJ coming back this year off two knee surgeries.  

The worst weather he'd see in the NFC Playoffs is Philly, with everyone else being in a Dome or a Southern team.  SF weather being meh, whatever. 

Would've liked him in the fold for next year, but as long as Beane brings in a legit WR via FA or Draft, I'm good.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Davis is already on the way to his best season with the Bills.  The major change form last year (when everyone was high on him) is a drop rate from 7.9 to 9.9%--neither good.  But he is much more productive overall this season than any other.  

He isn't going to become a better receiver without more targets. 

Looking for an often injured WR with a catch rate in the low to mid 50%'s and 40 YPG for a ton of money?  OBJ is that guy.

Pass...

I heard here that the Rams won the Superbowl because of him though

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

Davis is already on the way to his best season with the Bills.  The major change form last year (when everyone was high on him) is a drop rate from 7.9 to 9.9%--neither good.  But he is much more productive overall this season than any other.  

He isn't going to become a better receiver without more targets. 

Looking for an often injured WR with a catch rate in the low to mid 50%'s and 40 YPG for a ton of money?  OBJ is that guy.

Pass...

Best season with the Bills as a metric means nothing.  He was a WR3 in 2020, mostly in 2021, and now he's a 2, so of course his surface level stats would improve.  

With a true franchise QB, he's had less than 40 yards receiving in 7 of his 12 starts this year.  WR2's with catch rates hovering around 53% aren't a victim of not being targeted.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Trock said:

Now that Von is off the bandwagon, so is obj. Let this thread die in dignity. So sick of hearing about him, even Chris brown is reporting gossip. A unneeded distraction c 

Said the guy who kept the thread going ...

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 12/14/2022 at 11:38 AM, boyst said:

I think that is posturing for several reasons

1) keep teams thinking they want him so that'll maybe make someone flinch for him

2) be in his good graces for 2023 (tho I want Myers)

3) make his friends on the team happy

4) he doesn't have to say yes or no or reveal anything with this answer. 

Yeah, this is real Grade A "Go not to Brandon Beane for counsel; he will say both No and Yes" talk (apologies to LoTR & JRRT)

24 minutes ago, wppete said:

Decode - Going to the Bills instead?!?!? What you think? 

Don't Know.  Don't Care.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, HappyDays said:

Looks like we're at the end of the road.

End of the Line

You can sit around and wait for the phone to ring
Waiting for someone to tell you everything
Sit around and wonder what tomorrow will bring
Maybe a diamond ring

Maybe somewhere down the road away
You'll think of me and wonder where I am these days
Maybe somewhere down the road when somebody plays
Purple haze

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

I was all about OBJ, but said earlier in the thread that once he said he wouldn't play in the regular season.. I was kind of over it.  

I don't know that I love him getting his first targets from Allen in the Playoffs... and I highly doubt last week, and this weeks weather, made Buffalo wildly enticing to OBJ coming back this year off two knee surgeries.  

The worst weather he'd see in the NFC Playoffs is Philly, with everyone else being in a Dome or a Southern team.  SF weather being meh, whatever. 

Would've liked him in the fold for next year, but as long as Beane brings in a legit WR via FA or Draft, I'm good.  

This x 100%

Fundamentally, a guy who says "I don't see the point" of playing in the regular season is missing it.  That's where you build timing and trust; it's also where you bond with your teammates so that they're "all in" on throwing a block for you or running their very best most convincing clearing route to pull away coverage.  It's basically "Let me be your Little Dog...'til your Big Dog come..." treating the other guys in the WR room like the "Domestiques" on your Tour de France team.

• Like (+1) 1

Like most people whose mother tongue is English, I had no idea what this said.  Down in the comments, someone was nice enough to translate.

What OBJ is saying is, "I am not going to go back and forth with the Cowboys over pay, so f*ck it."

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Best season with the Bills as a metric means nothing.  He was a WR3 in 2020, mostly in 2021, and now he's a 2, so of course his surface level stats would improve.  

With a true franchise QB, he's had less than 40 yards receiving in 7 of his 12 starts this year.  WR2's with catch rates hovering around 53% aren't a victim of not being targeted.  

He averaged only 5 targets a game over those 7.   53% is right in the OBJ zone.

37 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Like most people whose mother tongue is English, I had no idea what this said.  Down in the comments, someone was nice enough to translate.

What OBJ is saying is, "I am not going to go back and forth with the Cowboys over pay, so f*ck it."

Maybe we should call Barbara Billingsley.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

5 hours ago, Beck Water said:

End of the Line

You can sit around and wait for the phone to ring
Waiting for someone to tell you everything
Sit around and wonder what tomorrow will bring
Maybe a diamond ring

Maybe somewhere down the road away
You'll think of me and wonder where I am these days
Maybe somewhere down the road when somebody plays
Purple haze

Well it's alright, even when push comes to shove
Well it's alright, if you got someone to love
Well it's alright, everything'll work out fine
Well it's alright, we're going to the end of the line

• Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillsVet said:

Josh must not be able to see him in those 7 starts.  Those OLinemen on the right side are pretty hard to see over. 

so you're saying Josh won't throw Davis's way because his catch % is in the 50's?  lol. So are Davante Adams's and Amari Cooper's---a couple of WR 1's, no? 

There are only 5 WR in the top 30 players catch % (the rise are mostly RB and a few TE)---none are WR1 or 2. 

Diggs has as many targets as the next 3 receivers (including Knox) combined.  Josh needs to spread it around more. 

Edited by Mr. WEO

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.