All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

They can likely backload the Edmunds contract, as he’s a young, talented player who should be a good bet to live up to his contract. 

I think it’s likely guys like Poyer & Singletary walk for contracts elsewhere.

We have restructures available that don’t hamstring our future, especially with Beane never trading away major picks.

Where an OBJ multi-year deal probably hurts us is in finding a little extra here and there for some of the Jordan Phillips, Daquan Jones, Tim Settle, Roger Saffold type signings we saw last year.  

I just always forget to take into account the fact that Edmunds is still only 18 years old…

• Haha (+1) 5

22 minutes ago, SCBills said:

They can likely backload the Edmunds contract, as he’s a young, talented player who should be a good bet to live up to his contract. 

I think it’s likely guys like Poyer & Singletary walk for contracts elsewhere.

We have restructures available that don’t hamstring our future, especially with Beane never trading away major picks.

Where an OBJ multi-year deal probably hurts us is in finding a little extra here and there for some of the Jordan Phillips, Daquan Jones, Tim Settle, Roger Saffold type signings we saw last year.  

I would rather give a multi year OBJ valued contract to Poyer. We know his value to this roster. We don’t know what OBJ will bring. 

• Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I would rather give a multi year OBJ valued contract to Poyer. We know his value to this roster. We don’t know what OBJ will bring. 

Fair enough.  

I think both are risky.   Poyer due to his age and OBJ due to his injury history.  

That being said, the payoff for hitting on OBJ and having a monster WR2 for Josh is much, much higher than the payoff of having Poyer and Hyde at Safety next year.  (IMO)

46 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Von's house is a somewhat modest (by NFL standards at least) $1 million house in a development with a lot of neighbors. Josh's house is estimated to be worth in the $4 million range and the most expensive house in WNY (until Alex Tuch builds his 10,000+ sq ft house in Clarence). Josh has a par 3 golf hole in his back yard and his pool house alone is bigger than probably most houses in the area. Needless to say Josh's house is much nicer

Also, Sam Martin is currently living with Von and no one ever invites the punter. He has to stay home with a tv dinner tonight. 

• Haha (+1) 4

35 minutes ago, SCBills said:

thus turning us into the 2022 Rams 

Edited by Charles Romes
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

2 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

thus turning us into the 2022 Rams 

No.  Not at all.  Heavy push back on that.  

The Rams traded picks for Stafford.  Picks for Ramsey.  Picks for Von. 

They built up a SB winner that was a house of cards.   The minute they lost Von and had some injuries, it all came crashing down. 

That is not the Bills, nor is it the Chiefs. 

Unfortunately for us, and for them, both front offices subscribe to the vision of short term AND long term success around an elite QB. 

Bills have all of their main future picks.  If we were the Rams, we’d be loading up for this year with a team going into next year with no Day 1 or Day 2 picks, no restructure levers to pull on young players and a team already starving for depth.  

That is, unequivocally, not us .. whether we sign OBJ or not. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I wonder if OBJ is doing physicals with all these teams on his visits. I have concerns that he can even play this year. 

Probably. Look at from the team's point of view. You can bet they are doing their due diligence.

5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Him reuniting with the Giants would make sense.  They need a #1 guy and the NFC is a toss up.  

However, him on the outside and Gabe in the slot is simply dangerous 

Even with OBJ the Giants aren't getting past the Eagles, Cowboys, or 49ers. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Podcast guys have done great breakdowns of the Bills future cap situation. 

In summary, we are fine.  

We’ll likely lose some guys like Poyer, Singletary, luxury vets as role players etc., but we have restructures available and all of our main future draft picks.  

We’re in good shape.  

Just playing with Restrux on sportrac I found $50M in cap space very easily- allen, diggs and some others. 

So yesterday O'Dell tweeted about his new floss care product:

https://twitter.com/obj/status/1598377882409062400?s=20&t=97B5B-G00bz4hLr8TPyJOg

Today he's coming to visit Buffalo. Where, as we all know the most prolific flosser in the NFL plays. 

Coincidence? I think not. Proof positive he's coming here (at least for the weekend). I rest my case.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Even with OBJ the Giants aren't getting past the Eagles, Cowboys, or 49ers. 

And if you’re OBJ, the Bills and Cowboys are better rental and multi year options than the Giants.  Who knows who the Giants QB will be next year.  If the Bills aren’t in on the multi year deal option, OBJ should end up with the Cowboys,

unless the Giants are willing to way overpay.

Just now, strive_for_five_guy said:

And if you’re OBJ, the Bills and Cowboys are better rental and multi year options than the Giants.  Who knows who the Giants QB will be next year.  If the Bills aren’t in on the multi year deal option, OBJ should end up with the Cowboys,

JMHO but I don't want OBJ here on a multi-year deal. Injuries plus he is a bit of diva. If the Bills do sign him, I hope for the rest of this year only. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

There isn't a better rental in the league than the Bills and Chiefs. Honorable mention to the Eagles. 

I think the city itself is important to OBJ, and Buffalo is only on the table because of Von. He wants to be a in a major city. Long term/short term competitiveness weighed, Dallas is probably the best fit for him and the most willing to give him a multi-year decent value deal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.