All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

14 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s hanging out at Josh’s house today after his visit and bar bill is his jam. Or they might have chef darian come over 

Interesting that he'd hang at Josh's house and not Von's. That said, both places are GREAT places to hang at (I'd assume).

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, What a Tuel said:

Is his visit to Dallas still pending or is that done? Curious if we are the last stop and maybe a decision is made soon.

He was in NY for dinner with the Giants last night and meeting more with them this morning. Then he's coming to Buffalo this afternoon and evening. His Dallas visit is scheduled for Monday, but hopefully he never has it 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Von lives next door to McDermott and they want to be able to really party 😉

I think "IR" was actually code for "we have Von in a cryogenic chamber for safety until we're forced to play him or shelve him". Hard to have a good time with a popsicle. 

Just now, TheFunPolice said:

the whole "go to ___________ to win the Super Bowl" is a tough call.

Last year in the "13 seconds game" everyone said "these are the 2 best teams! THIS should be the Super Bowl!"

And then we watched the Bengals and Rams in the big dance

I don’t think “Come to Buffalo and help us win a Super Bowl” is a pitch that works today… at all … and I’m pretty sure that’s not the pitch. 

Beckham has clearly signaled he doesn’t want a short term deal.   Given that I highly doubt Dallas is only offering a one year deal, that would mean the pitch is likely a 2-3 plan for him.   Winning a Super Bowl involved.. playing with Von in the guaranteed years of his contract, playing opposite Diggs, with Allen etc..

But if the pitch is here’s some money, here’s some incentives to be paid at a later date, and good luck in Free Agency after the season, I can’t imagine we’d waste our time today.  

Willing to be surprised but I think this is a 2-3 year deal with Dallas or Buffalo. 

• Like (+1) 1

Interesting breakdown of the contenders. Didn't realize we're projected to be $5 million over the cap for next season. If this happens Beane will need to do some contract gymnastics.

https://www.nj.com/giants/2022/12/giants-hosted-odell-beckham-jr-first-heres-why-they-are-third-on-list-of-likely-landing-spots.html

5 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

the whole "go to ___________ to win the Super Bowl" is a tough call.

Last year in the "13 seconds game" everyone said "these are the 2 best teams! THIS should be the Super Bowl!"

And then we watched the Bengals and Rams in the big dance

The NFL wanted parity

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Interesting breakdown of the contenders. Didn't realize we're projected to be $5 million over the cap for next season. If this happens Beane will need to do some contract gymnastics.

https://www.nj.com/giants/2022/12/giants-hosted-odell-beckham-jr-first-heres-why-they-are-third-on-list-of-likely-landing-spots.html

They have a bunch of contract restructures they can do to get to 43 million under pretty quickly 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Beane is a gold medalist at that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

Podcast guys have done great breakdowns of the Bills future cap situation. 

In summary, we are fine.  

We’ll likely lose some guys like Poyer, Singletary, luxury vets as role players etc., but we have restructures available and all of our main future draft picks.  

We’re in good shape.  

11 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Podcast guys have done great breakdowns of the Bills future cap situation. 

In summary, we are fine.  

We’ll likely lose some guys like Poyer, Singletary, luxury vets as role players etc., but we have restructures available and all of our main future draft picks.  

We’re in good shape.  

"lose some guys like Poyer" - ummmmmm that's a pretty huge loss (especially since we are 8-0 with him on the field this year)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

"lose some guys like Poyer" - ummmmmm that's a pretty huge loss (especially since we are 8-0 with him on the field this year)

Sure.  Can’t keep everyone.   This is something every team with an elite QB deals with. 

1 hour ago, nkreed said:

Interesting that he'd hang at Josh's house and not Von's. That said, both places are GREAT places to hang at (I'd assume).

Von's house is a somewhat modest (by NFL standards at least) $1 million house in a development with a lot of neighbors. Josh's house is estimated to be worth in the $4 million range and the most expensive house in WNY (until Alex Tuch builds his 10,000+ sq ft house in Clarence). Josh has a par 3 golf hole in his back yard and his pool house alone is bigger than probably most houses in the area. Needless to say Josh's house is much nicer

• Thank you (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I don’t think “Come to Buffalo and help us win a Super Bowl” is a pitch that works today… at all … and I’m pretty sure that’s not the pitch. 

Beckham has clearly signaled he doesn’t want a short term deal.   Given that I highly doubt Dallas is only offering a one year deal, that would mean the pitch is likely a 2-3 plan for him.   Winning a Super Bowl involved.. playing with Von in the guaranteed years of his contract, playing opposite Diggs, with Allen etc..

But if the pitch is here’s some money, here’s some incentives to be paid at a later date, and good luck in Free Agency after the season, I can’t imagine we’d waste our time today.  

Willing to be surprised but I think this is a 2-3 year deal with Dallas or Buffalo. 

I would dislike. The Bills have 20+ FA with important pieces to replace/re-sign like Edmunds, Poyer, and Morse. We lose 3 of our starting OL and a good portion of our DL depth. Not to mention we have zero space next year. Signing Beckham to a multi year deal at a starting WR price feels irresponsible. 

TL;DR If we grab Beckham on a multi year deal and draft a new starting MLB and/or S in the first only to ignore other position groups, I will be pissed.

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

I would dislike. The Bills have 20+ FA with important pieces to replace/re-sign like Edmunds, Poyer, and Morse. We 3 of our starting OL and a good portion of our DL depth. Not to mention we have zero space next year. Signing Beckham to a multi year deal feels irresponsible. 

They can likely backload the Edmunds contract, as he’s a young, talented player who should be a good bet to live up to his contract. 

I think it’s likely guys like Poyer & Singletary walk for contracts elsewhere.

We have restructures available that don’t hamstring our future, especially with Beane never trading away major picks.

Where an OBJ multi-year deal probably hurts us is in finding a little extra here and there for some of the Jordan Phillips, Daquan Jones, Tim Settle, Roger Saffold type signings we saw last year.  

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.