All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

2 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

If the medical team thinks he's good to go, offer him a 4 year deal to spread $$ out with an out option for us after next season 

For how much $?  I’m sure they would do just that….but the dollar amount is everything 

3 hours ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I wonder if OBJ is doing physicals with all these teams on his visits. I have concerns that he can even play this year. 

Bills will not sign a guy without a physical that is coming off an ACL.

21 minutes ago, NewEra said:

For how much $?  I’m sure they would do just that….but the dollar amount is everything 

No way he gets a 4-year deal after coming off an ACL and on the wrong side of 30.

There is not one NFL WR who signed a 4-year contract when he was over 30.

Edited by ColoradoBills

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

No way he gets a 4-year deal after coming off an ACL and on the wrong side of 30.

I think Dallas is willing to go 2-3 years, so I think if we sign him, it’s certainly multi-year but 4 would be insane. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I think Dallas is willing to go 2-3 years, so I think if we sign him, it’s certainly multi-year but 4 would be insane. 

Yes, 4 years would be insane.  When it comes to a 2-3 year contract it will be all about the guaranteed money.

I would see the contract he wants being the remainder of this year and 2 more.

I'd love to see the Bills sign him but if his play drops off it will be a real drag on the cap for Beane.

He is a risk for any team that signs him to a long contract.  It's not being negative, it's just the facts.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

2 void years….

Since nothing happens in a vacuum, the real question is this...

If signing OBJ means that Ed Oliver or Tremaine Edmunds walks after this season, are you cool with it? 

Are you willing to gamble that a 30-year-old WR coming off two torn ACLs will be a significant enough upgrade to the offense to potentially justify losing out on the re-signing of a young, defensive cornerstone?

I honestly don't know what my answer is. I can see that Josh needs more weaponry, and a HEALTHY (that's the key word) OBJ could be big, but...we also all just saw what this defense looks like without Edmunds, and it's not pretty.

Tough questions for Brandon Beane. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Dr. Who said:

Is he worth that? I'd love to keep him away from KC and Dallas. It would be great if he were a legit #2 to compliment Diggs. But that's a pretty large price tag for a gamble.

Worth 2 void years?  Void years just allow us to spread the contract out over time instead of this and next year. 

I have no clue if he’s “worth it” because I didn’t state a price and I have no idea how good he’ll be.  If he’s as good as he was last season I suppose I’d be ok paying him 6M next season.  Was initially hoping to sign him for the remainder of the year for minimal money but that’s not really an option anymore imo.  It’ll be a roll of the dice no matter what. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Logic said:

If signing OBJ means that Ed Oliver or Tremaine Edmunds walks after this season, are you cool with it? 

Are you willing to gamble that a 30-year-old WR coming off two torn ACLs will be a significant enough upgrade to the offense to potentially justify losing out on the re-signing of a young, defensive cornerstone?

I honestly don't know what my answer is. I can see that Josh needs more weaponry, and a HEALTHY (that's the key word) OBJ could be big, but...we also all just saw what this defense looks like without Edmunds, and it's not pretty.

If it means Oliver or Edmunds walking, I'm a "NO" and I'm one of those who wants to commit more resources to oline and wr.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Logic said:

I really like Oliver and would like to keep him. Especially since he’s another top 100 pick and we are likely to move away from a bunch at some point soon and they’ll need replacing too. 

I think Edmunds is a lock. Oliver is a likely. It will come down to OBJ or Poyer. We’ve seen this defense without him and his playing at an all pro level. His value to this team is immeasurable. 

4 hours ago, SCBills said:

Fair enough.  

I think both are risky.   Poyer due to his age and OBJ due to his injury history.  

That being said, the payoff for hitting on OBJ and having a monster WR2 for Josh is much, much higher than the payoff of having Poyer and Hyde at Safety next year.  (IMO)

Fair take.

OBJ has age and injury history issues too. We currently don’t have any fall off from Poyer yet. 

14 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

If it means Oliver or Edmunds walking, I'm a "NO" and I'm one of those who wants to commit more resources to oline and wr.

I agree. We are tight on the cap. I’m of the philosophy of sign your own, and upgrade/replace/develop the draft. 

If we want to upgrade the OL the onus on draft day in April. Re sign your own and stop drafting the same positions over and over again. 

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, NewEra said:

2 void years….

Void years are not part of the base contract.  If you mean that OBJ signs a 2-year (this year and next year) contract and

Beane thinks it's wise to stretch out 2 void years (which both years will be due at the start of 2024) then that is a

possibility. But it's not a 4-year contract.   The reason being OBJ will become an UFA at the start of 2024.

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Void years are not part of the base contract.  If you mean that OBJ signs a 2-year (this year and next year) contract and

Beane thinks it's wise to stretch out 2 void years (which both years will be due at the start of 2024) then that is a

possibility. But it's not a 4-year contract.   The reason being OBJ will become an UFA at the start of 2024.

I know….the scenario I was talking about would be 4 year including 2 void years. I don’t think there’s any chance he’d offer him a 4 year contract without void years. 

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

I hear you. I just wonder how up front they are doing this analysis. For example, do they ask to do a physical before making an offer? I would hope so, but sort of wonder how squirrelly OBJ is going to be on that. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.