All your juicy Odell Beckham gossip

Simon

16 minutes ago, boyst said:

I am going to piggy back off of @Logic

is OBJ worth something like Singleterry & Edmunds? Is it worth losing Oliver? We have heard this big deal about the process and 1/11. So I think of Poyer.

this isn't a knock against OBJ.

I think we need to focus players on defense which cost us games, especially in the playoffs. Inversely, on offense we need to focus on coaching, play calling an execution. Last night showed us a lot what of what is capable of when we reach for our potential.

Could BJO be a part of what's missing? We don't know. But we do know he's likely to bring a big asset to the table.

For the record, I am more cautious and curious then I am anything. I want the coaching staff to fully evaluate him. Sign him on a major incentive deal and let him try to live up to his own hype. 

Salary cap is fake accounting. They can keep whoever they want to keep. Cap will be going up significantly every year the next 4-5 years. 

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

Salary cap is fake accounting. They can keep whoever they want to keep. Cap will be going up significantly every year the next 4-5 years. 

If that was true, then why doesn't a good team sign every quality UFA every year for whatever money they want?

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

I mean other than the fact all the teams medical departments would need to sign off on it once he shows he is ready.

lets assume he is.  Who would offer him more than the Rams?—-and he was healthy when they tossed him a half season contract 

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

If that was true, then why doesn't a good team sign every quality UFA every year for whatever money they want?

For one because the owner would have to come up with hundreds of millions of dollars in signing bonuses up front.

For two because most teams know UFAs are a good fill in but the draft is where teams built to last must gain most of their talent (ask the Rams)

For three because obviously there is a limit as to how much you can do, but rest assured it's a lot more than most people think. Otherwise teams that were more than $100 million over the cap this offseason would have had to be gutted and instead they kept most of their important players and were signing UFA's in addition.

4 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

lets assume he is.  Who would offer him more than the Rams?—-and he was healthy when they tossed him a half season contract 

People saw him come back from the ACL and be on his way to Super Bowl MVP. 

Also, Jerry Jones is now involved.

47 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Nah, the bill always comes due.

See: Tyreek Hill, Devante Adams, AJ Brown, the Rams not re-signing Von Miller, and the sorry state the Rams are in in general this season.

You can get as cute as you want and keep kicking the can down the road, but the bill does eventually come due.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Saint Doug said:

I’m fine signing O’BJ, just as long as the term isn’t long (no more than a year). 

Could include an achievable bonus structure like a Super Bowl bonus, performance metric bonus, playing time bonus and roll all that in to a 2-3year deal (2022-2023/2024).

I’m also of the opinion that we don’t absolutely need him given his age, injury history and declining production. Realistically we can find better long term WR options via the draft (1st to 4th round), but I do think depth is critical for this seasons playoff run. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Logic said:

Nah, the bill always comes due.

See: Tyreek Hill, Devante Adams, AJ Brown, the Rams not re-signing Von Miller, and the sorry state the Rams are in in general this season.

You can get as cute as you want and keep kicking the can down the road, but the bill does eventually come due.

The bill does come due but the covid years hurt the salary cap and with the new TV contract coming next year, the cap is expected to jump very substantially over the next 2-3 years so some of these big signings won't look as big over the course of a 5-6 year deal. 

Edited by The Wiz

OBJ is a big question mark. A multi year deal would take that into account and unless a team is stupid they aren't going to pay him what he could get if he was healthy. If he has faith in himself and is confident that he will return to the player he was then he should be willing to sign a contract that is a "prove it" deal. If he insists on a longer term deal with a bunch of guaranteed money then I would question what he has left. If that faith is there with him there aren't too many situations better than the Bills. Josh Allen as his QB and Diggs to draw the double teams? 

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Lost said:

Quite a dropoff in productivity.  A result of age and injuries or QB?

Probably a combination of all, but I think would still be a boost to our offense. At this point if the bills feel it helps their chances even a little go for it

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.