Week 6: Bills at CHIEFS 10/16 4:25pm

YoloinOhio

32 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Just to put some numbers to the rankings........As far as the offenses are concerned the Chiefs are #1 in scoring while we are #2(31.8 vs 30.4). We though are #1 in yards while they are #6. We out gain them by 59 yards(440.4 vs 381.4).

Our points allowed on defense is T-#1 while theirs is #24, they're giving up more than twice the points we are(12.2 vs 25.0). We are #2 in yards allowed while they are #14. They give up 78.8 more yards per game(260.4 vs 339.2). We are T-#1 in takeaways while they are #28. We almost have triple their takeaways(11 vs 4), they don't even average 1 per game.

Maybe my favorite stat of this week...The Chiefs have 1,907 yards this year on offense, Josh by himself has 1,876 yards. Which means the entire Chiefs offense only has 31 more yards than Josh has. Crazy.

25 minutes ago, LyndonvilleBill said:

To add to your last paragraph. Josh has played basically 2 less qrts as well.😁

11 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

We all know KCs #1 PPG ranking is bogus. The Bills pulled Allen and the starters for 2.5 quarters. If they left them in we would easily be ahead of them in this metric

i say this without hesitation. If Allen had played the entire Steelers game, he would have had 700 yards passing. 😁

• Agree 2

56 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Maybe my favorite stat of this week...The Chiefs have 1,907 yards this year on offense, Josh by himself has 1,876 yards. Which means the entire Chiefs offense only has 31 more yards than Josh has. Crazy.

Not sure that is a good thing. That is a lot for 1 player.  He needs to be healthy and ready to go in the playoffs.  #1 seed, homefield, and the bye is a big deal. 

Stats are great to look at folks. The Bills are statisically better than the Chiefs. Players win the game not stats. I think this is the kind of game that stats don't matter. Throw them out. With that said, I think it's safe to say the Bills are the more talented team. Usually the more talented team wins. Does this equate to a Bills victory in Arrowhead? Buckle up for Sunday. I would love to see the Bills blowout and dominate the Chiefs. Imho, it's unlikely to happen but I'll take a win by any margin. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Bills aren't really a play action offense. I'd suggest a few more RPOs instead. Another distinction is that the Raiders gashed the Chiefs between the tackles with Jacobs a work horse. Bills pretty much suck running between the tackles and Singletary is no Jacobs. The Bills are more successful running to the outside. That just so happens to be the Chiefs strength. It's truly a cat and mouse game. 

I hate the RPOs when Josh hands off to the RB because he holds on to the ball too long and hangs the RB out to dry.  If you are going to give it to the running back, got to do it quickly to give him time to scan and make a decision before getting swarmed by defenders.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

The only thing I’m dreading about this game is the awful tomahawk chop that teams can never seem to figure out how to be in unison. It should be unbelievable simple but just looks ridiculous. Not to mention it is completely inappropriate.

Other than that, I’m pumped to watch this game. I look forward to seeing Mahomes vs Von and the D and Allen carve his way through theirs. Regardless of the result (which btw I think welll win) I think it will be a very good watch. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

Not sure that is a good thing. That is a lot for 1 player.  He needs to be healthy and ready to go in the playoffs.  #1 seed, homefield, and the bye is a big deal. 

For the life of me I don't get this train of thought, but we'll get back to that in a minute. No one said what he’s done is above average, he's just getting better results. Through 5 games he has 35 rushing attempts, last year through 5 weeks he had exactly 35 attempts. He's averaging 3 more pass attempts per game, are the 3 additional pass attempts going to get him injured? It's not like they're overworking him as compared to last year.

Josh probably exposes his body more than any other QB, but this isn't new, he's played this way his whole career and he's only miss time due to injury once(Rookie year, I believe 4 games). That one time was when he was hit while in the pocket. He's never been injury prone and Sunday's game will be his 61st consecutive start(Nearly 4 full seasons worth). 

Since his hot start in 2020 people on TV and fans have been shouting this from the roof tops rammng it down people's throat. And he just keeps playing the same way, start after start. Both he and teammates have stated the way he plays gives the team a spark & fires them up, why would mess with that?

When Josh shows a willingness to run early in games this offense becomes  the most dangerous and most difficult offense to defend. Could he get hurt, sure, but after the last 4+ years of him always getting back up, I don't fear him getting hurt any more than any other player on the team. I actually fear it less. He's tough as nails, farm boys are just built differently.

Anyways I, for one, am not going to tell the best QB in the game how he should play the position.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Nevertheless, it seems significant when discussing OLine play. It seems to suggest that the Bills' RBs do more with what they're given (or rather not given). For this game it will be interesting to see how effective the Chief's run blocking is against the Bills. If it helps the Chiefs control the clock, that's bad news. The Bills run defense has been great this year, though.

Something seems off when a “revolutionary new way to analyze the war in the trenches” doesn’t correlate with actual results

5 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

Don't bother running the ball against the Chiefs though. They're good at stopping the run. They ARE our equals in that department.  Both teams will have to abandon the run since both teams are so good at stopping it.

Hmmmmm. 

"Stats don't lie" but what stats tell you is not always what you superficially think they will tell you.  Traditionally, the Chiefs have NOT been a great run D team.  #31 for Y/A last year.  They are a good D for overall rush yards against because the attempts against them are low; teams get behind Big Time and turn to the pass to catch up.

So far this year, Chiefs are #1 for fewest rush attempts and #3 for rush yards against their D.  #7 for Y/A.  That latter says, when teams do run, they're good not great.

What stands out to me is that a good rushing team (the Raiders) racked up 155 yds against them (6.45 Y/A), and that with only 5 games, the average may be skewed by one game.   The difference between the top SF run D and the mediocre NYJ is 43 yards per game at this point.

In the Tampa Bay game, Tampa had an unbelieveable 3 rush yards on 6 carries.   6 rushes for 3 yds all game.  So even a mediocre game by Tampa where they got 45 rush yards would have dropped the Chiefs down to 17th or 18th rush D for rush yards per game.

I would not take home the message "the Chiefs are good at stopping the run, don't bother to try, abandon the run" and I don't think the Chiefs will take home that message either.  I think when teams hold the Chiefs in check defensively and try, they can run like the Raiders and to some extent the Cardinals did.

The Bills run D does not show the same "3 rush yards in one game" anomaly, BTW.  Our anomaly is in the other direction, where the Ravens hit us up for 162 rush yards in a close win for us while every other team has been well under 100 - sometimes for the same reason, we got a big lead early and our opponent had to throw.  But I've been cautiously impressed by how sound the Bills run D has been so far.

Edited by Beck Water
spelling
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

You can disagree all you want, but I disagree with your assessment.

It's a mistake to run the ball against the Chiefs. Their team defense stats, versus the run, shows the Chiefs is still one of the elites at stopping the run. So don't bother running. Are you expecting our RBs and Josh Allen to run well over 100 yards on their home field? Fat chance. You want to increase Josh Allen's chances of getting injured?  We don't.

Sack Mahomes? We've had past games to stack our experience. And that's also why we signed Von Miller. He's still a game changer. Did you forget he's on our team? Greg Rousseau has been great, too.

Our secondary is young and inexperienced but still good. We didn't become the number one defense by being crappy.

Jordan Poyer is another game changer performing at Pro Bowl level.

Taron Johnson is respectable and experienced. 

Matt Milano is an experienced tackling monster.

Even though our secondary is mostly banged up, Chiefs defensive secondary is bloody awful to guard our elite receivers. I cannot emphasize that enough. Chiefs secondary is a sh*t show as their stats reveal.

I'm also accounting that Chiefs don't have Tyreek Hill anymore. It's really Kelce and Scantling (Scantling is not elite) doing the heavy lifting for their receiving core. Bills keying in on this.

As for home field, I've already written "NEUTRAL." We played so much there at Kansas City. Here is where all of that pays off. Their Arrowhead doesn't faze me at all.

Look at how the Las Vegas Raiders performed last Monday vs Chiefs AT Arrowhead. Raiders came close to beating the Chiefs. Chiefs let the 1-4 Raiders score 29 points at Arrowhead. Remember that the Raiders defense suck everywhere this year and their offense is bad, too. Chiefs should have blown them out, but they didn't. Raiders couldn't key on Kelce.

I know that our number one defense will not let Mahomes and Chiefs score anywhere near 30. Kelce is not getting 4 TDs on us. I'm 99% confident. Josh Allen is an experienced Superstar QB and knows how to eat clock, but also knows when to pour it on. I'm sure Allen is not going to let off the gas. He wants to make a statement. Let 'er rip.

That Baltimore Raven game woke us up. We can't have a bad 1st half like that. We're number one in point differential. We want to make a statement.

Final score: Bills 42, Chiefs 17

Your analysis is also flawed. KC run D has shown cracks, Raiders rb  numbers 154-21 carries.  Buffalo should at least try to establish something of a run attack. Your assessment of JA throwing 50 times and not exposing him to injury from running…there’s already evidence the biggest hits come standing in the pocket. While I’m not advocating a KC win they are still a team on top and should be treated as such. Comparing a division rival (raiders) and home field advantage is skewed. They see each other twice a year. Sure we’ve seen KC plenty the last few years, how’s that neutral field treated us? 

I would like nothing more than a blowout Buffalo victory, I’m just not so positive KC also won’t go out and try to show they are still the team to beat.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

We all know KCs #1 PPG ranking is bogus. The Bills pulled Allen and the starters for 2.5 quarters. If they left them in we would easily be ahead of them in this metric

There's the other side of the ball consider too.

Kc has had to score a lot to win close games because their defense hasn't been able to stop anyone whereas buffalo has been able to sit their offense because they can depend on their defense to close the game out. 

8 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The KC board is pretty hilarious, trying to denigrate Allen because he is so "beta" compared to Mahomes...

How do you know when someone is super insecure? When they start talking about that nonsense.

They see the writing on the wall. The days of KC being the best team in the AFC are over.   Probably for years. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

The KC board is pretty hilarious, trying to denigrate Allen because he is so "beta" compared to Mahomes...

How do you know when someone is super insecure? When they start talking about that nonsense.

They also hanging their hat on "Bills havent beat anybody but the Chiefs destroyed Tampa."  As if Tampa is the same deadly team from the Superbowl.

1 hour ago, JohninMinn. said:

I'm worried about this guy. Just a gut feeling. Isiah Pacheco.

They play Pacheco, CEH, and Mckinnon. None are great or elite in my opinion but each one can be dangerous on any given play. I'm more worried about one of them in the screen game. I think the Bills run D can contain them. 

11 minutes ago, Bills2022 said:

They see the writing on the wall. The days of KC being the best team in the AFC are over.   Probably for years. 

Probably not.  You’d be naive to think that Mahomes won’t make another Super Bowl.  
i hope it’s the case….but very unlikely m.

6 hours ago, Buffalo Ballin said:

QB: Josh Allen neutralizes Patrick Mahomes. Neither team has an advantage there = NEUTRAL.

TEAM OFFENSE: Chiefs is rated number one. However, Bills is rated number 2, right? The difference is tiny. Advantage: Slight edge by Chiefs. Still gotta give it to them, but not a huge advantage over us.

TEAM DEFENSE: Bills is number one. Numero uno in the NFL. Clear cut domination. We're number one in Point Differential by a landslide. And that's with our injured secondary.

Chiefs air defense is awful, but the sports media decided, in unison, NOT to mention it because they want to hype up the match up:

• Chiefs currently allow the opposing QB the most completions in the NFL (Abysmal sign for Chiefs since we're one of the elites at getting completions through the air)
  • They're in the Top 10 in passing yards allowed. (Advantage: Buffalo)
  • Tied for last place for TDs allowed, which means that Chiefs is abysmal at stopping the opposing team get TDs via passing.
  • Ranked number 6 in first downs allowed through the air, which means Chiefs is at the bottom of the league at stopping the opposing team get 1st downs via passing
  • Chiefs secondary can barely get interceptions. They're one of the worst in the league.
  • Chiefs is ranked number 26 (near the bottom of the league) at letting the opposing team end their drives with scores, which means they're awful.
  • Our defense is ranked 2 at letting the opposing team end their drives with scores. We're nearly tied with 49ers (currently number one) in that department, which means we're elite.

Don't bother running the ball against the Chiefs though. They're good at stopping the run. They ARE our equals in that department.  Both teams will have to abandon the run since both teams are so good at stopping it.

Advantage: Buffalo Bills. Massive onslaught by us.

FIELD: Neutral

Kansas City has no home field advantage. We played so many times at Arrowhead. It's really our 2nd home.

COACHING: Chiefs. Andy Reid.

He has the accolades and great win record. Then again, Andy Reid can do so much. His team defense, at stopping the air attack, completely sucks this year. Despite that, it's no mistake that their record is 4-1 even with a bad defense though. The greatness of Mahomes, Andy Reid, and Travis Kelce got them here.

The winner of this Week 6 game: I'm terrible at making predictions, but I'll pick our Buffalo Bills. Don't be shocked if we blow them the EFF out.

We will beat them through the air with our number 2 offense and limit their offense BIG TIME with our number one defense. If our secondary was fully healthy, we would have an historic number one defense.

Josh Allen should be throwing 50+ times. Let 'er rip. As long as we don't have big injuries to key players, we shouldn't be surprised if Josh Allen got 6 TDs and 500+ yards. Protect Josh Allen at all costs. No designed runs for him. The chances of him breaking one for a TD are low anyway.

Chiefs is ripe for the picking. It's been building up for us to destroy them. Mahomes will just go to Kelce when they hit within goal line. That's a given. I'm confident in our defense limiting that since we have Von Miller, Poyer, and Milano.

Didn't look like it when the Raiders and Josh Jacob ran it all over them.

Bills can probably get them a few times on the edges on runs, it's where we actually ARE effective at running. 

Running is never going to be a huge part of the gameplan tho so saying they shouldn't try to run is a little pointless. Even when they have the advantage, they are still going to put the ball in Allen's hands 

45 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

And that's why he is the MVP and it's not close.

The man has more yards than 24 of the 32 NFL teams do by himself.

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

There's the other side of the ball consider too.

Kc has had to score a lot to win close games because their defense hasn't been able to stop anyone whereas buffalo has been able to sit their offense because they can depend on their defense to close the game out. 

True. But Mahomes is the stiffest challenge the Bills  face this year. Stafford no oline, Tanny sucks, Tua sucks, Lamar not a great passer, and Pickett a rookie. That's exactly why I'm saying throw the stats away for this game. We've seen the Mahomes magic over and over. They call him the "Reaper" because of his game vs the Bills. This guy can absolutely take over a game like no other. No lead is safe! He's facing a young and inexperienced secondary. Yes they are good but we saw Pickett exploit Elam. Will Mahomes be unstoppable? The Chiefs will be prepared, motivated, and confident. They know how to game plan and frankly beat the Bills. That's the negative. 

For the positives, Imho the Bills are a better team than last year. The are better at stopping the run and pressuring the QB. Rousseau is better and Von is elite. Both need to be relentless tomorrow. The Chiefs offense isn't as explosive without Hill. However, they still have a speedy Hardman and MVS. I expect them to throw deep this game. The Bills will prepared, motivated, and confident. Will Allen be unstoppable? How does KC stop the Bills passing game? I suspect the Bills see lots of nickel and dime packages. Dare the Bills to run. Bills will absolutely take shots down the field. They are the best in the league. 

This game sets up to be another classic battle. It's no longer David vs Goliath. It's about poise, game planning, adjustments, execution, talent, experience, and probably a little luck. Add those variables up and I think that produces a Bills W. I'm so pumped for the game and everyone not just Bill's and KC fans will be watching. Please Buffalo Bills let's show everyone how good the Bills are!!!! (Please coach McD don't blow it again!)

Edited by newcam2012
  • Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

They also hanging their hat on "Bills havent beat anybody but the Chiefs destroyed Tampa."  As if Tampa is the same deadly team from the Superbowl.

When they hang up that hat, does it cover the "Colts beat the Chiefs" hat that's hanging there?

Last time I looked, Ravens and Titans had the same record as Tampa and were leading their divisions.    Bit early to sort out who's who.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

When they hang up that hat, does it cover the "Colts beat the Chiefs" hat that's hanging there?

Last time I looked, Ravens and Titans had the same record as Tampa and were leading their divisions.    Bit early to sort out who's who.

Yeah but we stopped wondering if time would ever catch up with Brady, which is exactly what it's been waiting for.

31 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Were there any elevations announced today? I missed it and I thought it's always day before game, isn't it?

I am actually hoping they were none, which would mean that roster guys are mostly ready to go.

Yes, deadline is 4 pm Eastern time.  It sometimes takes a while for it to come out, if the PR dudes are "up in the air".

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.