Week 6: Bills at CHIEFS 10/16 4:25pm

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

True. But Mahomes is the stiffest challenge the Bills  face this year. Stafford no oline, Tanny sucks, Tua sucks, Lamar not a great passer, and Pickett a rookie. That's exactly why I'm saying throw the stats away for this game. We've seen the Mahomes magic over and over. They call him the "Reaper" because of his game vs the Bills. This guy can absolutely take over a game like no other. No lead is safe! He's facing a young and inexperienced secondary. Yes they are good but we saw Pickett exploit Elam. Will Mahomes be unstoppable? The Chiefs will be prepared, motivated, and confident. They know how to game plan and frankly beat the Bills. That's the negative. 

For the positives, Imho the Bills are a better team than last year. The are better at stopping the run and pressuring the QB. Rousseau is better and Von is elite. Both need to be relentless tomorrow. The Chiefs offense isn't as explosive without Hill. However, they still have a speedy Hardman and MVS. I expect them to throw deep this game. The Bills will prepared, motivated, and confident. Will Allen be unstoppable? How does KC stop the Bills passing game? I suspect the Bills see lots of nickel and dime packages. Dare the Bills to run. Bills will absolutely take shots down the field. They are the best in the league. 

This game sets up to be another classic battle. It's no longer David vs Goliath. It's about poise, game planning, adjustments, execution, talent, experience, and probably a little luck. Add those variables up and I think that produces a Bills W. I'm so pumped for the game and everyone not just Bill's and KC fans will be watching. Please Buffalo Bills let's show everyone how good the Bills are!!!! (Please coach McD don't blow it again!)

Pickett exploited Elam all the way to 3 whole points!!  You call targeting one cb “exploiting”?  They went after him.  They completed some passes.  Why didn’t they exploit him on more 3rd downs?  They were 5/15. 

Agreed-  our defense is much better than last year.  The DL investment is paying off big time. 

• Agree 4

Can't argue with Sal Capaccio's keys to the game here

https://www.audacy.com/wgr550/sports/bills/capaccio-bills-at-chiefs-sals-keys-notes-and-stats1?utm_campaign=sharebutton&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_term=WGRAM

KEYS

• Matching up with Travis Kelce

• Attack Chiefs' thinner secondary

• Don’t let Chris Jones wreck it

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Pickett exploited Elam all the way to 3 whole points!!  You call targeting one cb “exploiting”?  They went after him.  They completed some passes.  Why didn’t they exploit him on more 3rd downs?  They were 5/15. 

Agreed-  our defense is much better than last year.  The DL investment is paying off big time. 

I mean Elam after the game said he wasn't happy and he has to play better. Not sure why you seem to take offense to my statement. 

2 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Branford’s playing?  Did I miss something?

Benford has no game status, meaning he is eligible to play.  Nothing has been said by the coaches one way or the other.

I would be surprised if they start him ahead of Elam with a brace or club on his hand. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he's active on gameday and plays some on ST.

2 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Were there any elevations announced today? I missed it and I thought it's always day before game, isn't it?

I am actually hoping they were none, which would mean that roster guys are mostly ready to go.

Yes, day before game by 4 pm Eastern.

None on Buffalo Bills transctions page, none on Buffalo Bills PR Twitter, none reported by national pundits like Rapoport and Schefter.

7 minutes ago, Pete said:

I’ve heard it’s a possibility.  They have been figuring out whether he’s better with a club or something less bulky

A cornerback playing with a club is historically not a pretty sight, even if he's a very very good CB

Edited by Beck Water
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Pete said:

I have a hunch Benford covers Kelce some and matches up great against him

Why not Elam? He's also big, and he's faster, more athletic, and better in man coverage than Benford. Plus, he won't have a club on his hand. 

• Agree 3

52 minutes ago, Pete said:

Benford is 6’ 1 205 4.52 and plays physical.  I think he’s a great chess piece against Kelce

He is also a rookie with one good hand. Not saying he couldn’t do his part, but I hope they wouldn’t put him on Kelce too much 

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Beast said:

I think we are going to see 9 months of pent up frustration released at Arrowhead tomorrow.

The Bills moved on. They're a positive vibe team who plays football for fun while working

Theyre not a punch the clock kind of team like the Ravens were in their short dynasty, like the Patriots were for the early 00's.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, finn said:

Why not Elam? He's also big, and he's faster, more athletic, and better in man coverage than Benford. Plus, he won't have a club on his hand. 

I believe we used a combination of Taron Johnson and Matt Milano to cover TE in previous games

The Chiefs do have WR who must be accounted for.  Now it's true that Kelce has the most receiving yards on the team, but one can't quite ignore TikTok Boy, Valdez-Scantling, and Hardman.  You guys want a nickel CB or a LB on them?

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

If you watch the all-22 of last season game vs chiefs, Tre white was very physical with Kelce and it was impactful. 

He had two good hands at the time

Edited by Beck Water

7 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Hmmmmm. 

"Stats don't lie" but what stats tell you is not always what you superficially think they will tell you.  Traditionally, the Chiefs have NOT been a great run D team.  #31 for Y/A last year.  They are a good D for overall rush yards against because the attempts against them are low; teams get behind Big Time and turn to the pass to catch up.

So far this year, Chiefs are #1 for fewest rush attempts and #3 for rush yards against their D.  #7 for Y/A.  That latter says, when teams do run, they're good not great.

What stands out to me is that a good rushing team (the Raiders) racked up 155 yds against them (6.45 Y/A), and that with only 5 games, the average may be skewed by one game.   The difference between the top SF run D and the mediocre NYJ is 43 yards per game at this point.

In the Tampa Bay game, Tampa had an unbelieveable 3 rush yards on 6 carries.   6 rushes for 3 yds all game.  So even a mediocre game by Tampa where they got 45 rush yards would have dropped the Chiefs down to 17th or 18th rush D for rush yards per game.

I would not take home the message "the Chiefs are good at stopping the run, don't bother to try, abandon the run" and I don't think the Chiefs will take home that message either.  I think when teams hold the Chiefs in check defensively and try, they can run like the Raiders and to some extent the Cardinals did.

The Bills run D does not show the same "3 rush yards in one game" anomaly, BTW.  Our anomaly is in the other direction, where the Ravens hit us up for 162 rush yards in a close win for us while every other team has been well under 100 - sometimes for the same reason, we got a big lead early and our opponent had to throw.  But I've been cautiously impressed by how sound the Bills run D has been so far.

Great analysis.

I don't wanna hear, or read any implications, that Arrowhead Stadium is loud and intimidating. Screw those fans. Enough is enough. No fear.

35 minutes ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

KC fans have this weird inferiority complex when it comes to Allen. They are constantly looking for affirmation that Mahomes is good. It’s weird. 

Josh Allen is the only other QB in existence who stands shoulder to shoulder with Mahomes. There is no one else. Also, Josh Allen matched Mahomes at last year's playoff game. KC fans know that Allen is the real deal Holyfield.

Edited by Buffalo Ballin

23 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I believe we used a combination of Taron Johnson and Matt Milano to cover TE in previous games

The Chiefs do have WR who must be accounted for.  Now it's true that Kelce has the most receiving yards on the team, but one can't quite ignore TikTok Boy, Valdez-Scantling, and Hardman.  You guys want a nickel CB or a LB on them?

He had two good hands at the time

Sure but Benford gives zero *****. He’s a keeper

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Sure but Benford gives zero *****. He’s a keeper

I have no disagreement there - Benford is absolutely a Keeper.

But I'd prefer that the guy trying to hold on to Kelce and tackle him possess two unimpaired hands.  That ***** guy is hard enough to tackle with two hands.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Pete said:

Benford is 6’ 1 205 4.52 and plays physical.  I think he’s a great chess piece against Kelce

Kelce is the best TE ever and is without a club on his hand.  Benford may be a chess piece against Kelce in time, I don’t know if he will be tomorrow 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, BIGFOOTspaceman said:

Branford’s playing?  Did I miss something?

Benford is labeled as "unspecified" after Friday on the injury report.  That means there is no medical reason to suggest he won't play.  Whether or not he starts or plays is a coaching decision.

11 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

I can’t wait to read all the doom and gloom, and stupid hot takes around here if the Bills lose this game.  🙄

I can’t wait to watch Josh Allen and our defensive line kick the chiefs teeth in

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Taro Nimbus said:

I can’t wait to read all the doom and gloom, and stupid hot takes around here if the Bills lose this game.  🙄

Thing I'm going to (try and) remember is we beat the Chiefs in the regular season last year, yet didn't make the number one seed and lost at Arrowhead in overtime. Not that anyone remembers anything which happened in the latter, of course.

But a defeat - even a blow out - won't be the end of the world. The worst thing will be having to sit on it for two weeks before getting the chance to put it right.

Edited by UKBillFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.