NFL Week #1 - Bills at the Rams - Post Game thread- The NFL season Begins!!!!!!

BuffaloBill

5 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Von and, I think 1 DT, both dropped in coverage on the Milano A-gap blitz (so 3 man rush), which is why they might have not called that a blitz.  

Thank you; it's good to know I'm not totally out to lunch. :beer:

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

They hit Stafford 22 times last night without blitzing a single time*.

*(I did think I saw Milano up the A gap once in the first half but the All 22 folks claimed there were zero blitzes so I'll go with that)

By the time he got to the gap Von already had Stafford on the ground so they didn't count it. 

• Like (+1) 1

In the spirit of objective diligence, and not to hijack a thread, blame for this LA 4th down conversion seems to start with a certain maligned MLB, given Poyer's very explicit pre-snap alert that falls on deaf ears (or feet)...

(At the last moment, Poyer recognizes the pre-snap look and tries to alert Edmunds to the imminent WR screen to his left, but the MLB does NOT shift left or even take his first step(s) in that direction, thereby causing him to be just a step too late to make the play. It seems clear to me, but I'm sure many will disagree. And that's...okay.)

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Richard Noggin said:

In the spirit of objective diligence, and not to hijack a thread, blame for this LA 4th down conversion seems to start with a certain maligned MLB, given Poyer's very explicit pre-snap alert that falls on deaf ears (or feet)...

(At the last moment, Poyer recognizes the pre-snap look and tries to alert Edmunds to the imminent WR screen to his left, but the MLB does NOT shift left or even take his first step(s) in that direction, thereby causing him to be just a step too late to make the play. It seems clear to me, but I'm sure many will disagree. And that's...okay.)

It had to be an Edmunds thread at some point.  At least you took the time and did the research to back it up. 

Though you could have copied that video at the time stamp you are talking about instead of the full thing. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

Why just Edmunds? Go ahead and point out all the bad plays by every other player while you're at it.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

I've got to say I'm enjoying the Rams fans and their insistence that the Bills are the best team in the league and maybe in the last 200 years of the NFL..

..meanwhile, the other AFC East fans, Titans fans, other AFC teams: "Rams suck and the Bills struggled with turnovers against a bad team!"

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

Why just Edmunds? Go ahead and point out all the bad plays by every other player while you're at it.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

Be fair, we have a running thread on Josh, um, running and an in-depth discussion on who was at fault for the second interception where blame must surely be laid completely at the feet of Josh or Crowder, rather than maybe sharing it, or saying Hill made a good play.

Now on to the next error.

8 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

Be fair, we have a running thread on Josh, um, running and an in-depth discussion on who was at fault for the second interception where blame must surely be laid completely at the feet of Josh or Crowder, rather than maybe sharing it, or saying Hill made a good play.

Now on to the next error.

And we also have people posting praise for their good plays

Last year there was an all-encompassing Edmunds breakdown thread every week. We need that back, probably. Props to the poster that kept up with that.

8 hours ago, Simon said:

*(I did think I saw Milano up the A gap once in the first half but the All 22 folks claimed there were zero blitzes so I'll go with that)

and while we talk about Milano, he played a great game.  Every game it seems Milano makes a few big plays

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Simon said:

I know they lined up at least 2 or 3 times with LBs in the A gap - because I remember them resetting the RB tight to the LOS because of the amount of pressure.

I guess maybe they did not rush or they dropped someone else out.  Not sure exactly how they count “blitzes”  for statistical purposes.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

First you should add the time stamp 4:12 or 4:13 the play starts.

At least part of this is correct - Poyer recognizes it at the last minute and alerts Edmunds just before the snap.  As he slides back - Edmunds slides to his left just as the ball is snapped - so for that you are incorrect.  He is following what Poyer saw - the recognition by Poyer came late and the crowd noise prevented communication from his deep spot.

Then Edmunds was not a step too late really - the Edmunds thread has both still shots and the video showing him starting to breaking down right in his lane when the OLine from the Rams shoves him from the right and behind causing him to move a step beyond and into Johnson.

The still and videos also show Johnson getting held and blocked from behind preventing him from making the play originally.

There are lots of things you can blame on Edmunds, but I don’t think this play is one.  He reacts immediately at 4:15 before the snap and he get to his spot to force him inside.  The play was there for Milano to stuff it and drive him back.  The support was there for the tackle, but Oliver recognized he could not drive him forward and with incredible agility passed the scrum set his feet and tried to drive him back just as the OLine reached it and collapsed the pile forward causing Ed to twist his ankle.

I could understand the anger if Edmunds had missed the tackle, but he didn’t - he got to his lane and prevented Kupp from going there and forced him inside to the free tackler in Milano.  It was well played and only successful because an OLine came up and was able to shove them forward.

The real question is if Poyer recognized the play and gave explicit instructions to Edmunds - why did it take him so long to get to the spot himself.  If he was expecting screen and saw screen - he should have been rushing to the spot, but he actual enters the screen shot at 4:19/4:20 as Milano is making the tackle and does not head to the scrum but is jumping like we made the stop. If he keeps going in and hits the scrum they maybe get the stop.

Edited by Rochesterfan
  • Like (+1) 1

They are really trying, but that production looked like a small step above public access TV. That's growing pains I know, but wow it's distracting!

Other than that, good for her if she cashed in. I just don't see too much draw for FanDuelTV. Maybe they will release numbers that prove me wrong.

25 minutes ago, inthebuff said:

Kay Adams has her own show on FanDuel, which you can see on youtube.

Lose the Jean jacket Kay.  Then I’ll watch each week.  C’mon girl, it’s all about the ratings and hits.

Just kidding.  She’s actually not bad at all as a sports commentator.  I do miss her on GMFB as she helped pulled the show together.  It’s one of the few shows I watch at the gym.

• Like (+1) 1

here is my take on Kay Adams. She is a straight up Hottie there is no denying it. She cleans up really well on the red carpet she sizzles. I am not a regular viewer of GMFB.  But from what I had seen she was an integral cog in that group. She is smart, well spoken, knows and understands football very well......

last but not least she is a female NFL media talent. Who is making big bucks in her career having risen up the ranks Good for Her! I like her a lot.

I would feel the same way if the sentence I bolded was referring to a male counterpart with those same attributes. I Like male eye candy too 🙂 so yes

kay4444.jpg

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 4

Did we watch the same video?

2 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

This was pretty good coverage and discussion on the Rams…🙄

The show could also be called “Wake Up LA, with Kay Adams!”

Jeepers, what…about…the team…that won…the game?

Or did I miss sarcasm?

• Eyeroll 1

4 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

Did we watch the same video?

We did, there was about three minutes of commentary, or rather tweet comments of what the Bills were planning on doing and hey look, did you know Josh is the first qb to throw a 100 tds and rush for 30 tds in his first 4 years?  And great Captain Kirk and Harry styles meme.

….but THE story of the night is the rams loss…oh and how well the LA fans represented.

oh, and what is going on with the Rams?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

We did, there was about three minutes of commentary, or rather tweet comments of what the Bills were planning on doing and hey look, did you know Josh is the first qb to throw a 100 tds and rush for 30 tds in his first 4 years?  And great Captain Kirk and Harry styles meme.

….but THE story of the night is the rams loss…oh and how well the LA fans represented.

oh, and what is going on with the Rams?

YEAH the entire Blogasphere has to talk the Bills. 
C’mom man. 

but THE story of the night is the Rams loss

of course it is. The Defending SB Champs looked like SB Chumps.  

What was widely broadcast

McV was 5-0 in season openers 

They were flat and the Bills look in midseason form 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

YEAH the entire Blogasphere has to talk the Bills. 
C’mom man. 

Shady, they absolutely do not.  

but they did win the game.  You, I and others here inhale this stuff so we are above the norm on it.

However, on a national football show after the kickoff contest if you weren’t one of us here what did you discover about the guys who…weird to cover, I know…actually won the game and played considerable better than the other team?

…Josh Allen is a good QB, Miller is a difference maker aiirite, peace out?

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

7 hours ago, Richard Noggin said:

And here I thought it was because the refs missed the delay of game.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Rochesterfan said:

he actual enters the screen shot at 4:19/4:20 as Milano is making the tackle and does not head to the scrum but is jumping like we made the stop. If he keeps going in and hits the scrum they maybe get the stop.

There were a few instances where I noticed that Poyer layed off bringing the lumber at the end of a play, which is very out of character for him. That looked like another one of them.

I think he's really protecting that elbow right now.

• Like (+1) 1

Our wacky streak of every win being by 2+ scores and every loss outside of the colts game being by one score seems to be continuing into this season lol. That lower than expected win total last season is seeming more like bad luck than anything…it’s getting impossible to explain how a team that beat so many different teams by multiple scores went 0-5 in close games 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Simon said:

There were a few instances where I noticed that Poyer layed off bringing the lumber at the end of a play, which is very out of character for him. That looked like another one of them.

I think he's really protecting that elbow right now.

ya live to play the next game. 

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

This was pretty good coverage and discussion on the Rams…🙄

The show could also be called “Wake Up LA, with Kay Adams!”

Jeepers, what…about…the team…that won…the game?

WOW!😲 Kay really fell off. This show -and her takes simply suck. Best wishes, Kay, but I’m out.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.