NFL Week #1 - Bills at the Rams - Post Game thread- The NFL season Begins!!!!!!

BuffaloBill

Idk if enough attention has been spent to the excellent offensive game plan by Dorsey and the execution of it by Josh - specifically the plan to handle Donald. Dorsey knew Donald is not stoppable, so he developed a plan for Josh to get rid of the ball early. The first half he was a precision passer getting rid of the ball the second fastest of his career. Josh loves to hang on to the ball and make plays, I think last year he was one of the longest holding on to it. It’s a sign of his maturity and growth as a QB to not only go against his natural inclination but to execute it with such ridiculous accuracy. He has another level he hasn’t reached his ceiling yet. In the second half he was able to take deep shots because of all the work that was done in the first on the short passing game. Just an absolute master performance from Dorsey and Allen to minimize the impact of the best defensive player in the game.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, stevewin said:

Malik Willis may be starting by then 😛

That dude actually looks like a gamer!

4 hours ago, Beck Water said:

You hate to hear it 😇

Tannehill burnt us last year with his arm and feet. His passing yardage wasn't impressive, but it sustained drives.

He doesn't go for rushing yards usually, but he is mobile enough to extend the play until coverage breaks down.

Hopefully this year we can finish and get to him more.

Hopefully we carry over the pass rush from last night.  That should get it done.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

When things were going a little sideways in the 1st half I told my son I'd be happy if only Morse, Josh, Diggs and Davis touched the ball

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

On the Cooper Kupp TD Von Miller did a spin move and was right in Staffords face as he threw. The guy is still elite, and I still can’t believe he came to Buffalo from LA after a super bowl win.

There can’t be a better feeling than going to a team and single handedly transforming an entire unit like he did last night.  In LA he was great but always overshadowed by Aaron Donald it seems

32 minutes ago, Rock-A-Bye Beasley said:

On the Cooper Kupp TD Von Miller did a spin move and was right in Staffords face as he threw. The guy is still elite, and I still can’t believe he came to Buffalo from LA after a super bowl win.

I know it is hard to compare between two different sports, but I compare the Bills signing of Von Miller to the Warriors signing of Kevin Durant.

In both cases, a team with a huge star player (Steph Curry, Josh Allen), adds a highly talented star player to make a great team nearly unstoppable. 

I know the Warriors had already won a Championship before signing Durant, but they won 2 in a row with him in dominating fashion and would have won a third if Durant did not get hurt...hopefully the Bills can follow this trajectory and lift a couple of Lombardi trophies in the next couple of years!!

13 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

That play was insane to me. I remember panicking on a deep pass on third and short and my jaw dropped as it connected.

And that was audibled ?

WHo does that? Josh Allen that's who

They set it up from play 1 with those short slants to diggs at the first down marker

51 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Cam Akers is apparently in McVay's dog house right now. A play like this would explain why:

If I was a coach I would cut him immediately after seeing this on film.

Excllent! This is the play where I wondered who shot up the gut and just nailed Stafford? They never showed a replay.  Damn, I like that dude!

Edited by TPS
  • Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Uh oh, bogus civil suit against Shady coming in...

2 hours ago, stevewin said:

This was my favorite thing from the night.  To see Brown when he recognizes what is happening instantly insert himself between Josh and the dude then push him away GTFO - just awesome

Brown is one of my favorite players on the Bills.  He'll kill anyone who tries to do anything to Josh.

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Doc said:

He'll have to unlearn all his bad habits from being with the Jets.

Yup, real certain he will have watched the film on that a bunch of times with his coach in his ear, it will get better, 

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

when you devoid yourself of WR talent 

the #1 is all he has. 1+1  

The Bills also became the first team to ever not punt and record 3+ INTs and 7+ sacks in a single game. 

When did LA score 10 points in the 3rd Quarter??😳🤔

• Haha (+1) 4

19 minutes ago, VW82 said:

Have we talked much yet about Epenesa vs. Rams? He hit Stafford a bunch beyond just his sack. Lots of physicality. I was impressed. The entire Dline was great.  

They hit Stafford 22 times last night without blitzing a single time*.

*(I did think I saw Milano up the A gap once in the first half but the All 22 folks claimed there were zero blitzes so I'll go with that)

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Simon said:

They hit Stafford 22 times last night without blitzing a single time*.

*(I did think I saw Milano up the A gap once in the first half but the All 22 folks claimed there were zero blitzes so I'll go with that)

Dline played beyond expectations. This was the missing piece last yr, also fixed physicality up front. 

Von and, I think 1 DT, both dropped in coverage on the Milano A-gap blitz (so 3 man rush), which is why they might have not called that a blitz.  

Either way.  Creating not only pressure, but sacks, with just the front four is a recipe for a top-level defense.  Washington comes to mind a couple yrs ago, but they didn't have anywhere near the back 7 talent that we have.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.