Belichick: September might be an extended preseason

PromoTheRobot

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

Typical Belichick with his psyche shenanigans. Pats will be solid. Lots of talent on that defense. Barmore could be the best DL in the division.

Yea a second year player with 1.5 sacks and 3 tackles for a loss is the best d lineman in the division 

🤦

44 minutes ago, dpberr said:

The Bills are testament that your franchise is running in place without blue chip talent at QB, so you've got to tank it to get into position to get one.  

We made the playoffs the year before drafting Josh, and had mediocre seasons before that. We traded up in the draft to get him. Tanking isn't required and frequently doesn't work.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, WhoTom said:

We made the playoffs the year before drafting Josh, and had mediocre seasons before that. We traded up in the draft to get him. Tanking isn't required and frequently doesn't work.

The Patriots litmus of a successful season isn't simply making the playoffs.

Tanking works to get you into the best position to select the best talent.  

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Their roster management has been a catastrophe. They need a GM. He might be a good coach but he's the worst GM since Matt Millen.

It’s hard to call him the worst GM Since Millen when he has 3 SBs as a  coach/GM with a team he built 

Does his drafting record look the greatest? no 

But his ability to put together teams and coach them over 15 years is unquestionable…

33 minutes ago, HOUSE said:

There is no reason why the Patriots should not be ready by week one. I think you give Billichick to much credit after a horrible training camp.

Who will the Patrots fans blame after a disappointing start ? It is coaching and he wouldn't even assign a OC. 

This.  If Bellicheat is such a genius coach why can't he have his team ready for the start of the season?  Every other coach is expected to.  F him.

46 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Be careful laughing at Belichick. He has a knack for pulling chicken salad out of chicken poop.

Still expect the Patriots to be our only competition for the division title this year. And the Bills are once again going to have to earn it if they want it (12-14 wins).

Miami has already passed them IMO.

20 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Yea a second year player with 1.5 sacks and 3 tackles for a loss is the best d lineman in the division 

🤦

Just in case you missed it, the word "could" means a lot in his post. But, hey, carry on.

I'm all about the Patriots sucking. Serves them right for dominating the NFL for 20 years. Having said that, they still beat us last year (granted in 50 mph winds) but I'll still take them seriously everytime the bills play them, as I'm sure the bills will too

9 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Just in case you missed it, the word "could" means a lot in his post. But, hey, carry on.

That’s a huge could 

There’s a good amount of lineman better 

Brian Moorman could also come out of retirement to punt for us

Edited by Buffalo716

17 minutes ago, dpberr said:

The Patriots litmus of a successful season isn't simply making the playoffs.

Tanking works to get you into the best position to select the best talent.  

My point is that we didn't tank to get Josh. Teams that did tank in 2017 -  Browns, Giants, Colts, Texans - didn't get a franchise QB out of it. Tanking works to get you into the best position to draft the best talent, but 1) it's somewhat of a crapshoot to identify that talent, 2) a roster that's so bad that tanking occurs naturally probably can't be turned around by one player, and 3) players and coaches aren't going to intentionally tank because they're playing for future contracts, if not pride.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/19652764/tanking-nfl-advantages-disadvantages-worth-new-york-jets-cleveland-browns-2017

https://nypost.com/2019/02/07/why-tanking-in-the-nfl-is-barely-existent/

Show me a recent example of a team that tanked its way to a Lombardi.

52 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Be careful laughing at Belichick. He has a knack for pulling chicken salad out of chicken poop.

Still expect the Patriots to be our only competition for the division title this year. And the Bills are once again going to have to earn it if they want it (12-14 wins).

The team top to bottom are not going to take any games for granted this season, they saw what that entitled attitude got them during the regular season last year. I hate to say it but, we should do what the pats used to do, run up the score in every game, no mercy, 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I don't believe anything Belichick says.

They have a young qb who should improve significantly entering year 2.

They added Davante Parker.

They have a very good offensive line (as usual) 

The combo of Damien Harris and Rhamondre Stevenson is going to wear out opposing defenses.

They have lost stars on defense, but Belichick always finds a way to put his young players in a position to be successful.

They were leading the AFC East for a significant portion of last season.

Belichick is a master of deception on and off the field:

"Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak "

 Sun Tzu

It's all fun and games to laugh at the Pats* -- believe me, I enjoy it -- but every team starts the season still feeling its way around.  Even established teams undergo some roster/coaching churn, and nobody knows exactly how it will all play out.  Sometimes it takes a few games.

Nobody wins a championship in September and October, but the key is not putting yourself too far behind the eight ball with a slow start.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

I don't believe anything Belichick says.

They have a young qb who should improve significantly entering year 2.

They added Davante Parker.

They have a very good offensive line (as usual) 

The combo of Damien Harris and Rhamondre Stevenson is going to wear out opposing defenses.

They have lost stars on defense, but Belichick always finds a way to put his young players in a position to be successful.

They were leading the AFC East for a significant portion of last season.

Belichick is a master of deception on and off the field:

"Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak "

 Sun Tzu

They have a young qb who should improve significantly entering year 2. - Why?  Many people think he was at his ceiling coming out of college. He had the best coaching, facilities, etc from high school through college.

They have lost stars on defense, but Belichick always finds a way to put his young players in a position to be successful. - You mean like the last 2 games against Buffalo where they didn't force a single punt?

Edited by HereComesTheReignAgain

• Simon changed the title to Belichick: September might be an extended preseason

Interesting comments by the hoodie but if you think about it last year the Pats started 1-3 and took some time to find themselves.

I think the biggest concern I would have as a Pats fan is what on early they are doing with the OC position and playcalling given how critical of a year it is for Mac Jones and his development.

I get that Patricia is well versed in the 'patriot way' given his previous stint there but it really makes no sense asking a defensive coach to change sides so to speak on the fly.

If this doesn't work out and the Pats crash and burn this year it will be a real bad look for Belichik who many already see as the GOAT.

22 hours ago, Captain Hindsight said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/ne/new-england-patriots

Miami

Pittsburgh

Baltimore 

Green Bay

0-4 was a real possibility before hiring Patricia

So is Belichick trying to set up his son for Pick #1 as he rides off into the sunset?

Or possibly Patricia?

I could see Belichick believing that Patricia is him reincarnate - good DC, goes to disaster franchise and struggles, becomes head coach at a wicked hawdcoah team and wins like 6 Supah Bowls.

To be fair it always has been for New England. Even in the Brady years September was the month where they posted their lowest win percentage.... except for the rather smaller sample size in February. 

EDIT: they are going to suck this year though. 

Edited by GunnerBill

So funny listening to these guys talk about the Pats and them finishing last in the AFCE this year.

OL issues, coaching,  MAC and Cheese problems with the play calling already.

WOW how the once mIghty Patsy's have fallen.

Love it....

How many tablets get destroyed this year.  I would say 8!!!  :D

Mad Bill GIF

Edited by Toyo321

4 minutes ago, Toyo321 said:

So funny listening to these guys talk about the Pats and them finishing last in the AFCE this year.

OL issues, coaching,  MAC and Cheese problems with the play calling already.

WOW how the once mIghty Patsy's have fallen.

Love it....

If the Bills could have even half the run they did with 2 to 3 Super Bowl championships I would have no problem with the Bills finishing last in the division for a few years while they rebuild the team. They have 6 Super Bowl championship this century. They have no reason to complain if they have to rebuild. It happens to everyone at some point.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.