Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

3 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

And here to convince you all that OTAs do have relevance on how someone will perform in the regular season is a thread from our very own TBD stating how impressive Josh has been to that point for the team in his rookie season. Lot's of talk about how great he would be .. only problem was it was the wrong Josh lighting up Arizona (some of it is comic gold).

I say wait for the first several games of the regular season to decide.

Is it fair to pick on him because he left with his tail between his legs?

Is it fair to pick on Leroi because he lost his job in locker room and no longer could leak info to NFL insiders?

Is it fair to pick on to pick on Buffalo Barbarian because he originated a pole thread wanting to trade our starting DE for Cardinals backup QB John Skelton and many agree with him?

Of course it is.  Put your nuts on table you need to expect some will break that table with the expected sore results.

11 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Lot of hype coming out of Miami these days....if Tua does in fact take off this year like JA17 did in year 3 the dolphins are going to be a big problem.

SOMETHING  caught my eye... Hill played for one of the stronger arms in the game Mahomes... And Hill says and I will quote "crazy arm strength"   Tua has had a noodle for an arm... where all this arm strength coming from?

5 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

SOMETHING  caught my eye... Hill played for one of the stronger arms in the game Mahomes... And Hill says and I will quote "crazy arm strength"   Tua has had a noodle for an arm... where all this arm strength coming from?

It's been windy down here for the past few weeks. 

• Haha (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would caution people to not over look Tua and the Dolphins.  That offense is loaded now, and its not going to need Tua to have a Josh Allen like year 3 for it to be dangerous with all that speed.  They are fast everywhere...QB, RB, WR, and TE.  If Tua can be solid they will be a tough matchup.  If Tua can be better than that, they will be a quite dangerous offense.  

There are still legit questions about them though...they fired a good HC, so will the new regime be as good, better or worse?  Can Tua stay healthy, and if he does, what kind of player can he be?  Plus the RB's have both had injury issues in the recent years.  

But that offense does have potential to be quite good even if Tua is just solid.  

Dawg, it’s not us you need to worry about.  Nobody at OBD is going to overlook anyone, particularly after what happened in Jacksonville last year.

If Tua has a clean pocket he’s a very accurate short-to-mid range passer.  Guys like that can be successful in the league, but you never hear their offenses described as “explosive” or “dangerous.”  Teams will respect the Fishes’ speed but until and unless Tua can throw the accurate 25-30 yard pass consistently they’ll continue to struggle.

It’s amusing to see all of the threads and posts “warning” or “preparing” us for improved competition in the AFCE, as if every team isn’t trying to get better every year.  All of these teams have a common issue they are facing — the freaking behemoth that is the Buffalo Bills.

I’ll start worrying about the rest of the AFCE when they figure out how to stop Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

PITTSFORD, N.Y. — Twice on Monday at Bills camp, E.J. Manuel dropped back and launched deep, soft throws high in the air. Twice they nestled easily into receivers’ hands, including a 53-yard strike to fellow rookie Da’Rick Rogers.

Beautiful throws. Just the right touch, and Manuel threw both balls only when his man had a step on the cornerback. That’s the essence of a good lofted deep ball: You throw it deep enough where only your guy can get it, and high enough so the receiver can adjust his speed to the flight path of the ball.

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2013/07/31/ej-manuel-buffalo-bills-camp

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

Who knows?  Maybe Tua will take a big step forward this season.

But I remember hearing good training camp reports about Rob Johnson, Trent Edwards and Nathan Peterman.  

At this time of year, you take this stuff with a grain of salt.  

What is this, year 3 for him? I remember Romo did a video conference with Allen, Darnold, and Jones a few years ago and he said if a QB hasn't shown it by year 3 then he most likely never will. By year 3 a QB should have things figured out as far as reading defenses and running the offense. He also mentioned that by year 3 the speed of the game shouldn't overwhelm them anymore. Going thru your reads/progressions at the NFL level is a lot faster than in college and for many QB's their is an adjustment period. Bottom line he said if your QB is truly a franchise QB you will know it by year 3.

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

What is this, year 3 for him? I remember Romo did a video conference with Allen, Darnold, and Jones a few years ago and he said if a QB hasn't shown it by year 3 then he most likely never will. By year 3 a QB should have things figured out as far as reading defenses and running the offense. He also mentioned that by year 3 the speed of the game shouldn't overwhelm them anymore. Going thru your reads/progressions at the NFL level is a lot faster than in college and for many QB's their is an adjustment period. Bottom line he said if your QB is truly a franchise QB you will know it by year 3.

That greatly depends on coaches and system you are in. If the coaches and system suck then QB will reflect that.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

That greatly depends on coaches and system you are in. If the coaches and system suck then QB will reflect that.

Good point. It reinforces what a great job the Bills did for Allen in building the team around him and coaching him as well.

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Tua has always thrown a pretty ball.

Vince Ferragamo threw a pretty ball too.

14 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Was Hill trying to convince us or himself?

If you repeat something enough times... 

13 hours ago, TheProcess said:

“Best shape of his life” season. 

Crazy-ass coincidence that Mac, Zack, and Tua are all in the best shape of their lives isn't it?

12 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Why do people think that Josh Allen taking a leap after year 3 means that anyone can take a leap after year 3? It’s idiotic. 

This summer marks my 3rd year of hang gliding lessons... 

12 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Josh reverting to 2019 Josh is more worrisome to me than Tua being that good. I am also more worried about Zach Wilson making the Jets decent and a 10 win team than Tua.

You seem to worry a lot.

12 hours ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

This is the most common complement for Tua because there's little else of his game thats worth while.  and his accuracy doesnt mean much in the nfl if you let the ball hang like a duck on every deep throw.  Not sciard.  Miami has been the ultimate paper tiger for years and years.  

Is that a new word that the cool kids are using?

9 hours ago, Beast said:

Your post are just full of suckness.

Is that a word?

Excuse me but do you happen to know what sciard means?

8 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I knew it wouldn't take long before this guy started fear mongering Miami garbage posts.

Funny, I'm not feeling any fear... anyone?

Edited by Sierra Foothills

You couldn't design a better way to mess up a player's development than the way the Dolphins have treated Tua.

1. Coming off major injury.

2.  New OC every year.

3. You couldn't design a more effective way to kill a young QBs confidence than the way Flores handled Tua his rookie year.

4. A coach that obviously has zero confidence in you.

5. Constant rumors that the team is trying to replace you.

I'm not saying he's would have been great with better development but the way Flores treated him certainly didn't help.

Hill is just talking up his new QB. He went from Pat Mahomes to the left handed Chad Pennington. Tua never had "crazy" arm strength, he was adequate. The hip injury seems to have affected how he drives the ball because he hasn't been the same since. Tua is a quality, high character young man, but an elite QB he will never be. He won't be asked to sling the ball like Allen has either, especially in that McDaniel/Shanahan style of offense. He'll be used like Jimmy G was in San Fran. I expect a lot of underthrown passes on deep routes and for him to be solid in the short to intermediate ones. One of the best things that happened to us in recent years was Miami passing on Herbert for Tua. Can you imagine Herbert out there with Waddle, Hill, Gesicki, and Williams to throw the ball to? Miami doesn't scare me, even though they are the next best team behind us in the division. This is the year Tua has to take a step forward though because Miami has two 1st's in the 2023 draft and will certainly look to move for a QB if he doesn't do so. There is just too much talent around him on offense. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Billy Claude said:

You couldn't design a better way to mess up a player's development than the way the Dolphins have treated Tua.

1. Coming off major injury.

2.  New OC every year.

3. You couldn't design a more effective way to kill a young QBs confidence than the way Flores handled Tua his rookie year.

4. A coach that obviously has zero confidence in you.

5. Constant rumors that the team is trying to replace you.

I'm not saying he's would have been great with better development but the way Flores treated him certainly didn't help.

It will be interesting to see how Wilson develops. I hope he fails obviously but the Jets are doing for him what the Bills did for Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

Crazy-ass coincidence that Mac, Zack, and Tua are all in the best shape of their lives isn't it?

Crazy-ass coincidence that Mac, Zack, and Tua AND ALLEN are all in the best shape of their lives isn't it?

The Chicken Wing diet is making him look the a Linebacker.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Doc said:

This.  Josh has rare arm talent and scrambling ability and had poor coaching in college.  Tua and Jones are middling athletes who had the best coaching in college.

In Tua's dreams he never even attempts to make this throw because he doesn't think it's possible.  Look at how fast the ball gets there on a frozen rope.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Not surprised to see McDaniel and Hill hyping up Tua.

The GM fired a successful head coach in order to hire an inexperienced yes man from a offensive system designed to make mediocre QBs successful. Then traded 5 picks for a WR and made him the highest paid receiver in history to help his struggling QB.

Both McDaniel and Hill are being paid to rescue Tua. 😂

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, Beast said:

Your post are just full of suckness.

Is that a word?

It should be when referring to your trash.

It’s amazing that you hang out on a Bills message board and post anything you can get your grubby little mits on that you hope bodes bad for the Bills.

To even compare Tua Tagliovoa to Josh ***** Allen is moronic, doltish and complete and utter lunacy.

Suckness.

Yep.

With all due respect I don't even understand this vitriol and response.

It's the offseason and was just posting news relevant to a division rival. Personally I could care less about the Dolphins and what's happening down there but it's somewhat foolish to be so arrogant and assume the Bills are going to cruise to another division title this year when everyone is gunning for the Bills and have taken necessary steps to close the gap in the division which is not as wide as some think especially after last year when we barely won the division.

Dolphins have a ridiculously stacked roster on paper, stud players on both sides of the ball but obviously they are only going to go as far as their QB play takes them this year.

Jets also had a great offseason and will be primed for a big step if Wilson develops. And there are some already calling Mac Jones a darkhorse MVP candidate in New England even if their offseason has not been as flashy as the rest of the division.

Bottom line....Bills will truly need to earn every win they get this year and AFC East may look a lot like the AFC West as soon as this year.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Limeaid said:

Crazy-ass coincidence that Mac, Zack, and Tua AND ALLEN are all in the best shape of their lives isn't it?

The Chicken Wing diet is making him look the a Linebacker.

He’s really taking the Big Ben approach to offseason training. Thicc boi! 

5 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

It's the offseason and was just posting news relevant to a division rival. Personally I could care less about the Dolphins and what's happening down there but it's somewhat foolish to be so arrogant and assume the Bills are going to cruise to another division title this year when everyone is gunning for the Bills and have taken necessary steps to close the gap in the division which is not as wide as some think especially after last year when we barely won the division.

Dolphins have a ridiculously stacked roster on paper, stud players on both sides of the ball but obviously they are only going to go as far as their QB play takes them this year.

Jets also had a great offseason and will be primed for a big step if Wilson develops. And there are some already calling Mac Jones a darkhorse MVP candidate in New England even if their offseason has not been as flashy as the rest of the division.

Bottom line....Bills will truly need to earn every win they get this year and AFC East may look a lot like the AFC West as soon as this year.

I think there is a world where the Pats are the worst team in the AFCE this year. It’s going to come down to QB play for the other three teams. Tua has the edge based on experience. 

11 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

You’re delusional.  You seem to always look for a flaw in the Bills.  Con Miller is going to sack Tua three times on the first matchup.  

I guess maybe we’re confident (you know the real Bills fans) because we are 8-0 against the Fish and jests since JA17 Superalleb started and 4-1 in the last two years with the Cheats.  They needed 50 mile an hour winds to beat us.  We destroyed them twice afterwards.  We are also ranked #1 to win the SB by every professional analyst on the planet.  Even the Boston media is concerned we are going to kill them and they are much better coaches than the Fish.

For us 50 and older have never forgotten how the Fish beat us 20 times in the 70’s and anyone of that age remembers the win by Coach Knox in 1980.

• Like (+1) 3

Putting this here rather than similar Zach Wilson post. This is a list of the QB coaches for current AFCE QBs in their NFL career. 
Not sure much can be deduced from this other than Josh has longer QB coaching staff consistency; it does not appear Tua has an offseason QB coach like the others and more turnover for him though a bit for Jones as well.

Bills - Josh Allen

Jordan Palmer (offseason QB coach)

David Culley 2018 (unemployed)

Ken Dorsey 2019-21 (now Bills OC)

Joe Brady 2022

Fins - Tua Tagovailoa

Athletic (offseason trainer but not QB coach)

Robby Brown 2020 (unemployed)

Charlie Frye 2021 (unemployed)

Darrell Bevell 2022

Pats - Mac Jones

Tom House (offseason QB coach)

Bo Hardegree/Josh McDaniels 2021 (both now with Raiders)

Joe Judge (Pats still vague) 2022

Jets - Zach Wilson

John Beck (offseason QB coach)

Rob Calabrese 2021-22

20 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

You’re delusional.  You seem to always look for a flaw in the Bills.  Con Miller is going to sack Tua three times on the first matchup.  

I guess maybe we’re confident (you know the real Bills fans) because we are 8-0 against the Fish and jests since JA17 Superalleb started and 4-1 in the last two years with the Cheats.  They needed 50 mile an hour winds to beat us.  We destroyed them twice afterwards.  We are also ranked #1 to win the SB by every professional analyst on the planet.  Even the Boston media is concerned we are going to kill them and they are much better coaches than the Fish.

For us 50 and older have never forgotten how the Fish beat us 20 times in the 70’s and anyone of that age remembers the win by Coach Knox in 1980.

Patriots fans never thought their reign would end either.

Yes the Bills have enjoyed a current stretch of dominance over the Dolphins but they've been on the brink the last few years both in terms of winning the division/making the playoffs and beating the Bills a few times.

I've been a vocal critic of McD but he is 12-1 in division games the last few years including the playoffs (only loss was that weird wind game last year when the Bills were in a funk). But still think it's a bit misleading because the Pats didn't have Brady, Jets were terrible and aforementioned Dolphins were in transition rebuilding. Things could come full circle this year in terms of the division being a much more difficult task to win which is why it will be a real accomplishment to win a 3rd straight division title.

• Disagree 3

8 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Patriots fans never thought their reign would end either.

Yes the Bills have enjoyed a current stretch of dominance over the Dolphins but they've been on the brink the last few years both in terms of winning the division/making the playoffs and beating the Bills a few times.

I've been a vocal critic of McD but he is 12-1 in division games the last few years including the playoffs (only loss was that weird wind game last year when the Bills were in a funk). But still think it's a bit misleading because the Pats didn't have Brady, Jets were terrible and aforementioned Dolphins were in transition rebuilding. Things could come full circle this year in terms of the division being a much more difficult task to win which is why it will be a real accomplishment to win a 3rd straight division title.

For a team that is expected to be a serious challenger for a championship, winning the east for a 3rd straight year isn't really an accomplishment. Even if some of the teams in the division are getting better.

42 minutes ago, Mango said:

He’s really taking the Big Ben approach to offseason training. Thicc boi! 

I think there is a world where the Pats are the worst team in the AFCE this year. It’s going to come down to QB play for the other three teams. Tua has the edge based on experience. 

Maybe but the Jets would truly have to be a cinderella type of team IMO to leapfrog anyone else in the division this year. But again, they probably had the best draft of any team in the division and right up there with the Chiefs in terms of best draft in the conference/NFL.

• Disagree 1

Haha— context matters.

Before praising Tua for throwing one of the “prettiest balls” Hill has seen, Hill made it clear that he came to Miami with low expectations.

“At first, I thought it was going to be something crazy, the ball going all over the place,” Hill said, “but Tua actually has probably one of the prettiest balls I’ve ever caught in my life. It’s very catchable. I don’t want to continue because the more I talk, the more it sounds weird. Tua is a very accurate quarterback. That’s all I’m going to say.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/05/25/tyreek-hill-admittedly-had-low-expectations-for-tua-tagovailoa/

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.