Tua impressing in Miami

FilthyBeast

3 hours ago, CorkScrewHill said:

And here to convince you all that OTAs do have relevance on how someone will perform in the regular season is a thread from our very own TBD stating how impressive Josh has been to that point for the team in his rookie season. Lot's of talk about how great he would be .. only problem was it was the wrong Josh lighting up Arizona (some of it is comic gold).

I say wait for the first several games of the regular season to decide.

Is it fair to pick on him because he left with his tail between his legs?

Is it fair to pick on Leroi because he lost his job in locker room and no longer could leak info to NFL insiders?

Is it fair to pick on to pick on Buffalo Barbarian because he originated a pole thread wanting to trade our starting DE for Cardinals backup QB John Skelton and many agree with him?

Of course it is.  Put your nuts on table you need to expect some will break that table with the expected sore results.

11 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Lot of hype coming out of Miami these days....if Tua does in fact take off this year like JA17 did in year 3 the dolphins are going to be a big problem.

SOMETHING  caught my eye... Hill played for one of the stronger arms in the game Mahomes... And Hill says and I will quote "crazy arm strength"   Tua has had a noodle for an arm... where all this arm strength coming from?

5 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

SOMETHING  caught my eye... Hill played for one of the stronger arms in the game Mahomes... And Hill says and I will quote "crazy arm strength"   Tua has had a noodle for an arm... where all this arm strength coming from?

It's been windy down here for the past few weeks. 

• Haha (+1) 3

11 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I would caution people to not over look Tua and the Dolphins.  That offense is loaded now, and its not going to need Tua to have a Josh Allen like year 3 for it to be dangerous with all that speed.  They are fast everywhere...QB, RB, WR, and TE.  If Tua can be solid they will be a tough matchup.  If Tua can be better than that, they will be a quite dangerous offense.  

There are still legit questions about them though...they fired a good HC, so will the new regime be as good, better or worse?  Can Tua stay healthy, and if he does, what kind of player can he be?  Plus the RB's have both had injury issues in the recent years.  

But that offense does have potential to be quite good even if Tua is just solid.  

Dawg, it’s not us you need to worry about.  Nobody at OBD is going to overlook anyone, particularly after what happened in Jacksonville last year.

If Tua has a clean pocket he’s a very accurate short-to-mid range passer.  Guys like that can be successful in the league, but you never hear their offenses described as “explosive” or “dangerous.”  Teams will respect the Fishes’ speed but until and unless Tua can throw the accurate 25-30 yard pass consistently they’ll continue to struggle.

It’s amusing to see all of the threads and posts “warning” or “preparing” us for improved competition in the AFCE, as if every team isn’t trying to get better every year.  All of these teams have a common issue they are facing — the freaking behemoth that is the Buffalo Bills.

I’ll start worrying about the rest of the AFCE when they figure out how to stop Josh Allen.

• Like (+1) 1

PITTSFORD, N.Y. — Twice on Monday at Bills camp, E.J. Manuel dropped back and launched deep, soft throws high in the air. Twice they nestled easily into receivers’ hands, including a 53-yard strike to fellow rookie Da’Rick Rogers.

Beautiful throws. Just the right touch, and Manuel threw both balls only when his man had a step on the cornerback. That’s the essence of a good lofted deep ball: You throw it deep enough where only your guy can get it, and high enough so the receiver can adjust his speed to the flight path of the ball.

https://www.si.com/.amp/nfl/2013/07/31/ej-manuel-buffalo-bills-camp

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, hondo in seattle said:

Who knows?  Maybe Tua will take a big step forward this season.

But I remember hearing good training camp reports about Rob Johnson, Trent Edwards and Nathan Peterman.  

At this time of year, you take this stuff with a grain of salt.  

What is this, year 3 for him? I remember Romo did a video conference with Allen, Darnold, and Jones a few years ago and he said if a QB hasn't shown it by year 3 then he most likely never will. By year 3 a QB should have things figured out as far as reading defenses and running the offense. He also mentioned that by year 3 the speed of the game shouldn't overwhelm them anymore. Going thru your reads/progressions at the NFL level is a lot faster than in college and for many QB's their is an adjustment period. Bottom line he said if your QB is truly a franchise QB you will know it by year 3.

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

What is this, year 3 for him? I remember Romo did a video conference with Allen, Darnold, and Jones a few years ago and he said if a QB hasn't shown it by year 3 then he most likely never will. By year 3 a QB should have things figured out as far as reading defenses and running the offense. He also mentioned that by year 3 the speed of the game shouldn't overwhelm them anymore. Going thru your reads/progressions at the NFL level is a lot faster than in college and for many QB's their is an adjustment period. Bottom line he said if your QB is truly a franchise QB you will know it by year 3.

That greatly depends on coaches and system you are in. If the coaches and system suck then QB will reflect that.

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

That greatly depends on coaches and system you are in. If the coaches and system suck then QB will reflect that.

Good point. It reinforces what a great job the Bills did for Allen in building the team around him and coaching him as well.

13 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Tua has always thrown a pretty ball.

Vince Ferragamo threw a pretty ball too.

14 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Was Hill trying to convince us or himself?

If you repeat something enough times... 

13 hours ago, TheProcess said:

“Best shape of his life” season. 

Crazy-ass coincidence that Mac, Zack, and Tua are all in the best shape of their lives isn't it?

12 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Why do people think that Josh Allen taking a leap after year 3 means that anyone can take a leap after year 3? It’s idiotic. 

This summer marks my 3rd year of hang gliding lessons... 

12 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Josh reverting to 2019 Josh is more worrisome to me than Tua being that good. I am also more worried about Zach Wilson making the Jets decent and a 10 win team than Tua.

You seem to worry a lot.

12 hours ago, Iiiiiiiiive Got a Feeeelin said:

This is the most common complement for Tua because there's little else of his game thats worth while.  and his accuracy doesnt mean much in the nfl if you let the ball hang like a duck on every deep throw.  Not sciard.  Miami has been the ultimate paper tiger for years and years.  

Is that a new word that the cool kids are using?

9 hours ago, Beast said:

Your post are just full of suckness.

Is that a word?

Excuse me but do you happen to know what sciard means?

8 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

I knew it wouldn't take long before this guy started fear mongering Miami garbage posts.

Funny, I'm not feeling any fear... anyone?

Edited by Sierra Foothills

You couldn't design a better way to mess up a player's development than the way the Dolphins have treated Tua.

1. Coming off major injury.

2.  New OC every year.

3. You couldn't design a more effective way to kill a young QBs confidence than the way Flores handled Tua his rookie year.

4. A coach that obviously has zero confidence in you.

5. Constant rumors that the team is trying to replace you.

I'm not saying he's would have been great with better development but the way Flores treated him certainly didn't help.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.