Former Buffalo Bill Terrell Owens Is Reportedly Ending His Retirement And Returning To Football

HOUSE

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

Right! Owens would be great for USFL. 

WTF is "fan controlled football?" 

This is a new one on me, too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fan_Controlled_Football

Fan Controlled Football (FCF) is a professional indoor football league created in 2017 as the first sports league controlled by fans. All games are played at the Pullman Yards in Atlanta, Georgia and broadcast on Twitch, NBCLX, and Peacock.

It was created by Project Fanchise, who established the first fan-controlled professional sports franchise, the Salt Lake Screaming Eagles, and operated the Colorado Crush to play in the Indoor Football League in 2017 before Fanchise pulled both teams out of the league.

Players are paid weekly minimum of $400 to $750 plus room and board, while coaches get paid $3,500 per month with housing and meal plan. FCF CEO Sohrob Farudi confirmed in March 2021 that the league planned to play two seasons a year, one in the spring and one in the fall,[5] and has plans to expand to 20 teams by year five.

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

I got you guys, you thought this was an April Fools Joke, but it wasn't

Its called a REVERSE April Fools joke, something that sounds phony but it's actually true.

I got you  :w00t:

https://brobible.com/sports/article/terrell-owens-reportedly-returning-football/

I'm thinking we may be able to class TO as one of the reported 75% of NFL players who are broke within years of leaving football? 

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, MJS said:

Why suspicious?

I think there were mixed feelings amongst fans when he was in Buffalo. That year also represented quite a drop-off in production compared to his previous three years, and he may have felt some dissatisfaction with himself-- who knows. But he definitely had a look of trepidation when he saw my hat. And this was in Los Angeles.

41 minutes ago, Rocky Landing said:

I think there were mixed feelings amongst fans when he was in Buffalo. That year also represented quite a drop-off in production compared to his previous three years, and he may have felt some dissatisfaction with himself-- who knows. But he definitely had a look of trepidation when he saw my hat. And this was in Los Angeles.

I loved T.O. in his year in Buffalo.  Poor bastard had Trent and Fitz, yet STILL had over 800 yards.  I was sad to see him go.

• Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Among the many great things we have to celebrate as Buffalo Bills fans is Ryan Fitzpatrick.   I mean, his time in Buffalo made me a TO fan and all, but whenever I see this play, I smile about Fitz.  

I've said here many times that TO had a long string of 1000-yard seasons that was broken the year he was in Buffalo (and restarted the next season), but the only reason that happened was that Trent Edwards was the Bills' QB for the first half of the season.   Edwards proved that season that a Harvard education is better than a Stanford education, because when he was starting Edwards couldn't figure out to look for TO on every play.  When Fitz got on the field, he targeted TO over and over.  TO had 280 yards in the first half of that season, and 550 the second half. 

• Like (+1) 3

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I loved T.O. in his year in Buffalo.  Poor bastard had Trent and Fitz, yet STILL had over 800 yards.  I was sad to see him go.

I loved him too. I remember a play (I don't remember the opponent) where Fitz completed to a receiver ahead of TO, and TO sprinted ahead of him to lay a perfect block to get him another ten, or so yards. And that was at age what, 36? Great player, and I was thrilled to shake his hand.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

On 4/1/2022 at 7:44 AM, Dopey said:

I saw him on pawn stars trying to sell it. 

"Best i can do is 50 bucks"

On 4/1/2022 at 7:47 AM, HOUSE said:

I knew that was Fitz, someone tried to tell me it was Trent Edwards.

Also i think Owens could still play in limited action.

Terrel Owens and the one and only Johny Manziel are supposed to be joining a new "pro" football league.

Terrell Owens & Johnny Manziel are now teammates (thecomeback.com), known as The Blazers.   The Fan Controlled Football League.  Terrel will be miced up and wear a helmet cam during the game.

Too bad this come out 6 days post April Fools day.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.