New OT rule is approved for postseason

YoloinOhio

• YoloinOhio changed the title to New OT rule is approved for postseason
2 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

When is the re-do game vs KC planned? Surely they saw how we got screwed and will give us another chance with the ball?

We still likely lose. In a game like that where the QBs are so hot, it still comes down to which team wins the coin toss 🤷‍♂️😉

Edited by Chandler#81
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

We still likely lose. In a game like that where the QBs are so hot, it still comes down to which team wins the coin toss 🤷‍♂️😉

Yep. The only way we win in that scenario is going for 2 after we score and making it. It will make it beneficial to kick to open OT. Because if they score and kick the XP you know a TD and 2ptr wins it. The team who scores first knows that too so will go for 2ptrs and if they miss then the 2nd team just needs a TD and an XP 

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Coin toss winner still has huge advantage. 

It's not a perfect solution but there likely isn't one. This was a much needed change. 

There is have both teams have to go for 2pt conversions if they score and whichever team blinks first loses.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Josh Allen Rule

ugh, thought it did away with sudden death. Still don't like it but its better than what it was.

Coin flip winner still gets 2 opportunities to score on offense and 1 opportunity to defend

Coin flip loser gets 1 opportunity to score on offsense and 2 opportunities to defend

Which would you rather have?

• Like (+1) 1

I said the rule was ridiculous and needed to change, and that I thought it well might change after our game this year.

And then a horde of responders laughed and said "sore loser" and so on...

Well, they changed it.  Told you so...

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Charles Romes said:

I don’t know a lot of Bills fans that think we lost because of the unfair OT rules. But most of the world thinks that way. 

Lol, yeah really....I've had many say to me, "if not for the OT rule yall would have won".

Although I believe most of us know that wasn't the case

3 minutes ago, Charles Romes said:

I don’t know a lot of Bills fans that think we lost because of the unfair OT rules. But most of the world thinks that way. 

We lost for 2 reasons. Our defense caved in 13 seconds. Then in OT only one team got the opportunity to score because of a coin flip.

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

Based on these new rules the coin toss winner in OT kicks every time

No, because if both teams score, whoever has the third possession can go win the game with a TD or field goal. You want that third possession, so you take the ball first.

• Agree 1

Oh, some of the responses in this thread are clueless.  It's a good change, and yes, as long as there is a coin toss at the start of a game or the start of OT it will play a role in determining strategy, if not the outcome -- which is not the point.  Lots of things can happen but giving each team a possession is the right thing to do.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.