Star released. Pre-6/1 per Joe B, $1.5M cap savings.

Chandler#81

6 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Inevitable.

Never as good as his contract, never as bad his worst detractors. A lot of dough for a fair bit of meh. 

He was more than meh when he played, and he never missed a game until this year outside of the COVID year he sat out.  Had he not sat out a year I would think the signing would have yielded even more results.

But while he was a good piece when on the field, we got noticeable better and more versatile at DT this year, so this was inevitable as you said.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Best part about this is not having to listen to the same posters on here dramatically whine about him to no end over and over again.  Like Groundhog Day around here with some of these people.  

I was one of them, he sucked. Good riddance!

Edited by BuffaloBillsGospel
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Best part about this is not having to listen to the same posters on here dramatically whine about him to no end over and over again.  Like Groundhog Day around here with some of these people.  

That’s honestly the hallmark of a mediocre player. Only the lunatic fringe ***** about Josh or Diggs, if half the board hates you, you probably aren’t good.

Edited by FireChans

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

We are getting really low on whipping boys. Bease and Star gone. Knox improved. It’s down to edmunds and ford catching all the hands. 

Punter.  Haack still here.  Epenesa.  Maybe Basham?

I'm actually surprised by the timing of this.  I thought they would likely hang onto him through the draft and see who they got before making a call.

Either they feel very comfortable that Settle can play 1TDT (or that Phillips has changed and will now do it), or they feel very decided that Star isn't "all in" and his space in the locker room is more valuable than whatever he might contribute. 

Will be interesting to see if he's pre- or post-June 1.  From the timing, I'm actually thinking "pre"

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.