Jim Harbaugh expected to take Dolphins job over Minnesota. (Update) Mike McDaniel now is the possible front runner for Miami

BuffaloBills1998

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They are both his guys so that makes sense. 

He will make the Fish competitive. But he isn't a threat to win a Championship. No coach bottles the big game better than Jim.

But Harbaugh never lost a "big game" he was leading with 13 seconds left.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LittleSammy said:

But Harbaugh never lost a "big game" he was leading with 13 seconds left.

No but he did lose both a Superbowl and an NFC Championship game with the ball inside the 5 yard line. 

He is great at making a team competitive. He is awful in big moments. 

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I dont think the players hated him. I think the majority of the front office hated him.

By the end in San Fran the locker room was divided between guys who couldn't stand the sight of him and guys who'd run through a brick wall for him. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I dont think the players hated him. I think the majority of the front office hated him.

That’s not the impression I got.  I follow and watch the niners more than every other team in the league. My best friend is a die hard niner fan and his uncle works for the organization.  I won’t throw names out there because they were just rumors from within, but there were several names mentioned. 

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

So true. I don't care who comes in to coach NE, Miami or the Jest. We'll carve them up. Our competition will come from KC, LAC or Cincy.  Follow the qbs.

Yup. The Patriots prepared for Manning and Roethlisberger.  The AfC East opponents were just speed bumps. Bills have to think the same way. Fix the defense and let Allen do the rest.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

McD taking the Bills to the playoffs his first season, with far less talent than Harbaugh had, was impressive.  The next year the Bills had $70M in dead cap to get rid of.  The last 2 seasons are what's most important.

Okay and McD has achieved less with Allen the last 2 years than Harbaugh did in SF...

I mean Harbaugh has:

-Better record

-Better postseason success

-With inferior QBs 

-Won double the challenges with 1 less season. 

I don't understand how anyone can objectively say McD has been better even though he's had less success.

Just now, NewEra said:

That’s not the impression I got.  I follow and watch the niners more than every other team in the league. My best friend is a die hard niner fan and his uncle works for the organization.  I won’t throw names out there because they were just rumors from within, but there were several names mentioned. 

Yea there were players by the end who hated his guts. But it wasn't universal. He is just very intense and a true marmite character.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, NewEra said:

I have no isnde info but I don't recall reading anything about locker room issues.  All i read was about how he wore out his welcome with everyone in the front office with his abrasive personality.  Just not someone they wanted to be around anymore no matter how much success he had brought. 

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

I have no isnde info but I don't recall reading anything about locker room issues.  All i read was about how he wore out his welcome with everyone in the front office with his abrasive personality.  Just not someone they wanted to be around anymore no matter how much success he had brought. 

It did extend to the locker room. 

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/3/3/5465588/jim-harbaugh-san-francisco-49ers

Edited by GunnerBill

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

If the FO didn’t want to be around him and his abrasive personality, imagine the 21-35 year olds.

Harbaugh is a joke !  Took him ten tries just to beat the Buckeyes and even that was because it was a home game against a freshman QB who was playing his first game at Michigan !   He was terrible against Urban , and we see how long he lasted in the NFL!  Teams were always woefully unprepared and very  error prone. The  games against Urban coached teams were just not competitive most of the time.  
He had success against the bottom dwellers of the Big Ten and he also didn’t do well in Bowl games. ( going form Memory as I don’t have exact record in front of me , but remember how often Michigan’s beaten) .  He was all, but gone if he lost to Ohio state and had to take a huge pay cut to stay there this past year to salvage his stent there. 

McDermott has the better qb and roster and alps coaching experience.  Just like having Harbaugh at Michigan was a great thing as a Buckeye fan , if he takes the Fins job, Mcd will have a couple of easy years before Harbaugh starts to figure out how to even try to stop Josh.  He was a mediocre player , mediocre head coach and this will be two Harbaaughs for Mcd to beat up on next year !  This is great for our division chances , how would you even think he would be a better coach than Mcd because when your alma mater makes you cut your salary in half just to stay,ore year because you have lost to THE KEY RIVAL IN YOUR LEAGUE, it’s a clear evaluation that the majority of the time his coached teams were just bad.   

The more concerning issue as a bills fan is that it looks more and more like Frazier will be  back.  That performance by the Bengals D in dominating the Chiefs at home , getting multiple sacks, allowing 18 less points than the Bills all while having a SECOND YEAR QB leading the team to a Super Bowl is unprecedented ! That really is a coaching concern regarding  the final McD / Frazier final D PRODUCT that also got beaten by a two win Jags team!  Not to mention blowout losses like the Colts game and going 0-6 in ONE POSSESSION games!   It’s indicative  of how huge of a blown opportunity that KC loss  was.!  If Frazier doesn’t land a job , we will be stuck with the same passive D that Mahomes shredded, and we have to play both he and the Bengals next year in addition to the Rams and more.  After today, I am even more convinced that defensive collapse is a big red flag and it’s only off set by Josh being a true superstar. 

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

find it interesting that a Michigan booster,  would steal Jim away from the Wolverines just as he finally beat OSU.    why would the both of them willingly want to draw the ire of the entirety of  University of Michigan.

i think if hes hired down there,   he'll continue to be sub par like he was for nearly the entirety of his Michigan tenure.  unless he suddenly lucks into a QB that can rival ours,  which i dont see happening.     

college is a different beast,  if u have a meh QB,  u can cover it up with surrounding talent,  NFL,  not so much.

I don't know...he got Krapernick to perform at a very high level....

Edited by Azucho98

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Headstrong guy like him with that GM they have and Ross as the owner?

What could go wrong? 😂🤣😂🤣

I think he just prefers khaki cargo shorts to the pants. Miami gives him a greater opportunity for wearing khaki cargo shorts year-round. When coupled with a sweet pair of new balance shoes, he is going to redefine  dad fashion god.

• Haha (+1) 1

Like I said, I think he's a solid coach and I'd prefer him to go outside of the AFC East.

But he is a bit nutty...

The 5 Craziest things Harbaugh has done/said as Michigan head coach:

5. Saying he models his life after Sponge Bob Square Pants.

4. “Who’s Got it Better Than Us?” video

3. Giving the Pope a Michigan helmet

2. Donuts in the Big House

1. Sleepovers at recruits houses.

https://www.maizenbrew.com/2018/7/16/17568860/top-5-wackiest-things-jim-harbaugh-has-done-as-michigans-head-coach

33 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Okay and McD has achieved less with Allen the last 2 years than Harbaugh did in SF...

I mean Harbaugh has:

-Better record

-Better postseason success

-With inferior QBs 

-Won double the challenges with 1 less season. 

I don't understand how anyone can objectively say McD has been better even though he's had less success.

OK, you make a convincing argument.  Will he be able to duplicate what he did 8 years ago in Miami?  It's doubtful but time will tell.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I think he just prefers khaki cargo shorts to the pants. Miami gives him a greater opportunity for wearing khaki cargo shorts year-round. When coupled with a sweet pair of new balance shoes, he is going to redefine  dad fashion god.

Minnesota has a dome

Shorts year round...and perfect for socks with sandals.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

OK, you make a convincing argument.  Will he be able to duplicate what he did 8 years ago in Miami?  It's doubtful but time will tell.

I think he can, but we don't know. 

I think people celebrating this as a bad move are out of their minds, this is not good for us, we want Miami to go for another rookie coach coordinator again.  Not an experienced coach with success and a great offensive mind that got to 3 conference Chamionship with Alex Smith and Kaepernick. 

Sparano, Philbin, Gase, Flores... that's what we want. 

Look what Belichick got out of that Patriot squad this year, we don't want more good coaching in the division. 

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Everyone knew he wasn’t coming big back. His assistants were leaving. He even told recruits!

Like most of you, growing up Michigan was a college powerhouse. They had the Fab five in basketball and were always in the mix for national titles in football. How the mighty have fallen. That program is in shambles. Ann Arbor is a really pretty town and I’ve had a few good visits there. Playing basketball at the Crisler Arena/Center was one of my better memories. It continues to be a good scholastic program, but I’m not sure how long it will take for their athletics programs to return to prominence, if ever. Their leadership completely blew it.

5 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

I think people celebrating this as a bad move are out of their minds, this is not good for us, we want Miami to go for another rookie coach coordinator again.  Not an experienced coach with success and a great offensive mind that got to 3 conference Chamionship with Alex Smith and Kaepernick. 

Look what Belichick got out of that Patriot squad this year, we don't want more good coaching in the division. 

Oh, I never said it was a bad move.  Depending on how he rubs people (considering what got Flores fired).  He's a better coach than what they've had, presuming he can pick up where he left off in the NFL.  But I'm not overly concerned.  With an elite QB like Josh it makes it harder for them.

13 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

He will make the two Dolphin games harder to win. But I just don't see him as a threat to stopping the Bills making Superbowls.

• Agree 2