Jim Harbaugh expected to take Dolphins job over Minnesota. (Update) Mike McDaniel now is the possible front runner for Miami

BuffaloBills1998

46 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

find it interesting that a Michigan booster,  would steal Jim away from the Wolverines just as he finally beat OSU.    why would the both of them willingly want to draw the ire of the entirety of  University of Michigan.

i think if hes hired down there,   he'll continue to be sub par like he was for nearly the entirety of his Michigan tenure.  unless he suddenly lucks into a QB that can rival ours,  which i dont see happening.     

college is a different beast,  if u have a meh QB,  u can cover it up with surrounding talent,  NFL,  not so much.

I don't know...he got Krapernick to perform at a very high level....

Edited by Azucho98

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Headstrong guy like him with that GM they have and Ross as the owner?

What could go wrong? 😂🤣😂🤣

I think he just prefers khaki cargo shorts to the pants. Miami gives him a greater opportunity for wearing khaki cargo shorts year-round. When coupled with a sweet pair of new balance shoes, he is going to redefine  dad fashion god.

• Haha (+1) 1

Like I said, I think he's a solid coach and I'd prefer him to go outside of the AFC East.

But he is a bit nutty...

The 5 Craziest things Harbaugh has done/said as Michigan head coach:

5. Saying he models his life after Sponge Bob Square Pants.

4. “Who’s Got it Better Than Us?” video

3. Giving the Pope a Michigan helmet

2. Donuts in the Big House

1. Sleepovers at recruits houses.

https://www.maizenbrew.com/2018/7/16/17568860/top-5-wackiest-things-jim-harbaugh-has-done-as-michigans-head-coach

33 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

Okay and McD has achieved less with Allen the last 2 years than Harbaugh did in SF...

I mean Harbaugh has:

-Better record

-Better postseason success

-With inferior QBs 

-Won double the challenges with 1 less season. 

I don't understand how anyone can objectively say McD has been better even though he's had less success.

OK, you make a convincing argument.  Will he be able to duplicate what he did 8 years ago in Miami?  It's doubtful but time will tell.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I think he just prefers khaki cargo shorts to the pants. Miami gives him a greater opportunity for wearing khaki cargo shorts year-round. When coupled with a sweet pair of new balance shoes, he is going to redefine  dad fashion god.

Minnesota has a dome

Shorts year round...and perfect for socks with sandals.

• Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Doc said:

OK, you make a convincing argument.  Will he be able to duplicate what he did 8 years ago in Miami?  It's doubtful but time will tell.

I think he can, but we don't know. 

I think people celebrating this as a bad move are out of their minds, this is not good for us, we want Miami to go for another rookie coach coordinator again.  Not an experienced coach with success and a great offensive mind that got to 3 conference Chamionship with Alex Smith and Kaepernick. 

Sparano, Philbin, Gase, Flores... that's what we want. 

Look what Belichick got out of that Patriot squad this year, we don't want more good coaching in the division. 

Edited by ArtVandalay
  • Agree 2

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Everyone knew he wasn’t coming big back. His assistants were leaving. He even told recruits!

Like most of you, growing up Michigan was a college powerhouse. They had the Fab five in basketball and were always in the mix for national titles in football. How the mighty have fallen. That program is in shambles. Ann Arbor is a really pretty town and I’ve had a few good visits there. Playing basketball at the Crisler Arena/Center was one of my better memories. It continues to be a good scholastic program, but I’m not sure how long it will take for their athletics programs to return to prominence, if ever. Their leadership completely blew it.

5 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

I think people celebrating this as a bad move are out of their minds, this is not good for us, we want Miami to go for another rookie coach coordinator again.  Not an experienced coach with success and a great offensive mind that got to 3 conference Chamionship with Alex Smith and Kaepernick. 

Look what Belichick got out of that Patriot squad this year, we don't want more good coaching in the division. 

Oh, I never said it was a bad move.  Depending on how he rubs people (considering what got Flores fired).  He's a better coach than what they've had, presuming he can pick up where he left off in the NFL.  But I'm not overly concerned.  With an elite QB like Josh it makes it harder for them.

13 minutes ago, ArtVandalay said:

He will make the two Dolphin games harder to win. But I just don't see him as a threat to stopping the Bills making Superbowls.

• Agree 2