With Patrick Mahomes, Joe Burrow, Justin Herbert, Lamar Jackson and so many other talented QBs in the conference, it could be tough for Buffalo to get another opportunity like this again.

Ross Murdock

35 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Bills had an incredibly easy schedule this year. They had virtually the same team/coaches from the previous exceptional 13-3 season. The Bills were relatively injury free. Despite being a 3 seed, the Bills were 13 seconds from hosting the AFC title game at home, to a team the Bills would have been 7 point favorites. The QB talent has NEVER been this high in the AFC. We have Josh locked up for 8 years, but it's highly unlikely we ever get such a clean path to the Super Bowl again....  Am I wrong?   

Do we have Josh Allen? Yea? Okay. We will be fine.

• Like (+1) 4

Yeah it's called competition. Josh Allen is too effin' good not to bring the Lombardi home one of these years. It'll happen, last night made me truly believe that. Everyone's bummed beyond belief today, I get it. But they're a great team, they are gonna be in the mix for a long time. 

30 minutes ago, SCBills said:

We need some dogs on Defense.   

We said that about the Offense last year after this game.  Offense has elevated and is elite.  

Defenses will never stop teams like BUF or KC, but you can get guys who have an edge.  We have a group of likable guys, but nobody seems to have a mean streak.  We need some anger on that side of the ball, especially with the likely youth movement on that side of the ball coming this year.  

I thought we had it given the physicality we brought Week 5, but they reverted back to allowing the offense to dictate to them the game.   

That final point makes me worry that the mentality comes from top down.  

Totally agree.  When you heard Morse's comments after the game, he talked about Josh in the huddle.  They talked about loving each other and playing for each other.  Our defense needs a "Josh" a clear leader that can inspire and bring out the best in that side of the ball.  We don't have that.

• Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, Ross Murdock said:

Bills had an incredibly easy schedule this year. They had virtually the same team/coaches from the previous exceptional 13-3 season. The Bills were relatively injury free. Despite being a 3 seed, the Bills were 13 seconds from hosting the AFC title game at home, to a team the Bills would have been 7 point favorites. The QB talent has NEVER been this high in the AFC. We have Josh locked up for 8 years, but it's highly unlikely we ever get such a clean path to the Super Bowl again....  Am I wrong?   

Warren Moon, Dan Marino, John Elway, Boomer Esiason, and Jim Kelly say "Hi"

Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Rich Gannon, and Drew Brees send greetings

You can't tell what will happen.  In 2019, looked like Deshaun Watson would be terrorizing the AFC and keeping the Texans in it for a long time.

40 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

The offenses were outstanding on both sides.  Neither defense could stop the opposing offense.  KC just had the ball last and the Bills weren't given the opportunity to play both sides of the ball in OT.   

I also have complete confidence in our offense moving forward.  We missed Tre, for certain.  Defense needs to be more physical and more aggressive moving forward.

In regulation:

Their offense scored 4 TDs, 3 FGs, and they missed a FG. They punted twice. That counts as either 2 full stops if only the punts count, or 3 if you include the missed FG. And 3 more partial stops with the FGs.

Our offense scored 5 TDs and punted 4 times. 

So they in fact, stopped us 4 out of 9 drives while we stopped them from scoring 3 times out of 10 drives... and held them to 3pts on 3 out of 10 drives.

If any of the 3 punts we had in the 1st half resulted in points, who knows what would have happened?? 

Oh it will be tough . The Bills coaches wasted a massive opportunity last night as everything fell perfectly for Buffalo to not only host the AFC title game , but to win the Super Bowl. There was no QB of Allen’s caliber standing in the way after Mahomes. Josh has him beat in his own house and the Defensive staff choked with only 13 seconds to go. 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Warren Moon, Dan Marino, John Elway, Boomer Esiason, and Jim Kelly say "Hi"

Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Rich Gannon, and Drew Brees send greetings

You can't tell what will happen.  In 2019, looked like Deshaun Watson would be terrorizing the AFC and keeping the Texans in it for a long time.

For the criticism Beane may get for not going all in, it’s also why we will likely be a contender for the next decade.   That’s his philosophy, to build a continual contender.  

Three EDGE players with our highest picks the last two years didn’t do what we hoped this year, but they give us a cash controlled DL for the next few years as we look to address other areas around Josh and potentially at CB.   Everything is done with current and future ramifications.  He’s a really good GM.   I don’t think anyone should worry about Beane.  

He does need to start thinking about being more aggressive with a move like KC made for Ingram when they come along.  That move didn’t mortgage KC’s future and if they win a Title, could be a major reason why.   

I don’t know what influence he has over McD and the Coordinators, but a conversation should be had about philosophy and Frazier.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Ross Murdock said:

You're wrong. The path to the SB wasn't any easier this year than it's ever been. It goes through KC regardless.

If we win 8 games next year and sneak in the playoffs as the #7 seed, it's just as easy or hard as it was this year.

Edited by BullBuchanan

6 minutes ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

In regulation:

Their offense scored 4 TDs, 3 FGs, and they missed a FG. They punted twice. That counts as either 2 full stops if only the punts count, or 3 if you include the missed FG. And 3 more partial stops with the FGs.

Our offense scored 5 TDs and punted 4 times. 

So they in fact, stopped us 4 out of 9 drives while we stopped them from scoring 3 times out of 10 drives... and held them to 3pts on 3 out of 10 drives.

If any of the 3 punts we had in the 1st half resulted in points, who knows what would have happened?? 

I like what Ryan Clark said about the game.  Neither offense deserved to lose the game and neither defense deserved to win it.   

Technically, yes, there were stops by both defenses, but neither defense stopped the opposing offense when the game was on the line.  

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

It's Allen and Mahomes at the top of the QB summit in the AFC(hell the NFL) then Herbert and then everybody else. We'll be fine.

Herbert and Mahomes will likely have to battle it out every year for the West so that could end up in the Bills favor but what I really think is ***** em all...the Bills have Josh Allen and that alone will be why they will contend every year imo

1 hour ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

There are plenty of competitive teams but that is true most years, really. We will never just be the undisputed #1 in the conference, most likely. But we can still win with the right coaching, talent, and luck.

That last word is critical.  People love to hand waive Brady’s accomplishments because you can point to some crazy luck he’s had, but that’s true of pretty much every championship run ever.

1 minute ago, bills6969 said:

If Josh Allen can’t win a Super Bowl but guys like Joe Flacco and Nick Foles can,  then the Bills front office and coaching staff should be jailed for gross negligence.

Sometimes the circumstances fall your way and other times they will not.There are outlier QBs that win championships.  It would be a shame to have a talent like Allen at QB and win just a single Super Bowl or maybe none at all. You can’t just pencil in these opportunities. 

8 minutes ago, Billl said:

That last word is critical.  People love to hand waive Brady’s accomplishments because you can point to some crazy luck he’s had, but that’s true of pretty much every championship run ever.

Says the Pats fan. 
You should also include cheating when mentioning Brady’s time in NE. 

I trust Beane to build a team. 
I wouldn’t put Lamar on that list. 
KC is going to need to figure out Kelce, he will be 33. 

It won’t be easy, but at least the division should be. 
Pats blew their wad this year. I think we see a shutdown of Corky Jones starting next year. Look for Belichick to retire in 2-3 years.
Phins and Jets have so many questions I don’t see them as a threat for at least two years. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

2 minutes ago, Chicken Boo said:

OP's point is well taken.  

Hebert and Burrow are only going to get better.  It ain't going to get any easier for Buffalo in the future.  

Take a look at Cinci's, LA's and KC's skill position players.  The Bills have some work to do.

Herbert yes, but Burrow just can't physically do what Josh, Mahomes and Herbert can, not that he won't be very good.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.