Bill O’Brien interviewing for Jags HC

YoloinOhio

I'd hate to be a Jags fan right now. O'brien tried to get himself fired by making awful trades and they kept giving him more power and now somehow he's getting interviews?  I don't understand how some of these billionaires made their money with moves like this. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yea BOB was not a terrible coach in Houston. He was a terrible GM. I'd be surprised if he gets a job this cycle though. 

I think the issue with him is that he can’t just be a HC. He can’t work with others. He has to control everything.  He wants to be the GM and OC too. That’s what he showed in Houston. Considering Baalke is being retained in Jax and the owner is willing to give a ton of control to the HC there, I don’t see that changing. He would have baalke making his coffee or out the door in a matter of months. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Agree 2

Inevitable breaking news two weeks after he's hired by the Jags...

"Former first rounder OT Austin Jackson traded from Miami to Jacksonville in exchange for the Jaguars' next 25 draft picks."

In case you can't tell, I'm still raging that BOB gave Miami ALL the draft capital for Laremy Tunsil. Luckily for us, the Dolphins seem to have mostly squandered it away. 

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Very Jagsy.

Marrone on that staff too as OL Coach

Only until Nate Hackett gets a HC job, then he'll hire St Doug as Assistant to the Assistant Quality Control Coach

• Like (+1) 1

He must have Juan Castillo's superstar agent. 

Does he check a box as a diversity hire?  Is he asking to be paid in livestock or something other than money?  It's baffling why there'd be interest. 

He's a terrible NFL HC.  The only place he performed well was at Penn State, and his name is not to be spoken there.  

• Disagree 1

11 minutes ago, dpberr said:

He must have Juan Castillo's superstar agent. 

Does he check a box as a diversity hire?  Is he asking to be paid in livestock or something other than money?  It's baffling why there'd be interest. 

He's a terrible NFL HC.  The only place he performed well was at Penn State, and his name is not to be spoken there.  

I personally don’t think he was “good” at PSU but it’s all relative. He was in a tough  spot following the whole Joe Pa fiasco 

Edited by YoloinOhio

I know the Jags are a dumpster fire and probably not the most desired destination right now outside of owning the #1 overall pick again and having a potential young franchise QB...but any serious consideration of BOB after he completed destroyed a playoff team and roster in Houston is puzzling.

13 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I know the Jags are a dumpster fire and probably not the most desired destination right now outside of owning the #1 overall pick again and having a potential young franchise QB...but any serious consideration of BOB after he completed destroyed a playoff team and roster in Houston is puzzling.

There was a time the Bills could only attract clown show candidates, be thankful for what they have.

1 minute ago, Joe Mama said:

There was a time the Bills could only attract clown show candidates, be thankful for what they have.

Yes exactly and this is the exact type of clown that would be in consideration right now and probably even viewed as a massive upgrade if we were still spinning our wheels with the likes of Dick Jauron and Chan Gailey.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I personally don’t think he was “good” at PSU but it’s all relative. He was in a tough  spot following the whole Joe Pa fiasco 

Personally, I think holding the program together and going 8-4 and 7-5 with a large loss of scholarships, some transfers and a reviled image post-Sandusky was excellent.  PSU was lucky to avoid the death penalty.  And I think most PSU fans appreciate his work in that situation.

In terms of W-L, we'll never know how good of a college coach he was, but as a PSU fan, I definitely thought his teams played hard and pretty damn well given the talent deficit and taint those 2 years.  And he seemed much less of a prick back then also.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.