Antonio Brown strips in EZ and retires mid game? Edit: and now feuding with Bucs

Process

2 minutes ago, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

Take all the narcissistic behavior that we know about and understand that it's only the tip of the iceberg.  At this point I mostly hope that no innocents end up getting mortally caught up in this guy's self destruction.

Don't know who his ride was waiting out there, but if an uber or whatever I bet the driver was in for an interesting time

I don't know much about Antonio Brown but it seems he has problems much more serious than his football career. The man needs an intervention by people who care about him to save him from himself and to save those around him.  

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

You know, I've hated Brady for a long time, but....

That post game press conference and the way he responded regarding AB, could hear the sadness in his voice as a guy just concerned about a friend.

Really, since he's joined the Bucs, been able to appreciate him a lot more in a lot of little ways. 

Scientists around the world are probably rubbing their hands together, frothing at the mouth to get their hands on AB's brain to study the affects of CTE...

You do realize Brown was a douchebag before the Burfict hit?

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Simon said:

He was a problem in that locker room for years before Burfict hit him.

I don’t think that is correct.  I googled it and everything seems to start in 2017.  Feel free to post a link or something specific if I’m missing something. 

1 minute ago, Dr. K said:

I don't know much about Antonio Brown but it seems he has problems much more serious than his football career. The man needs an intervention by people who care about him to save him from himself and to save those around him.  

I think the tricky thing about fame and fortune is that for every one person who genuinely wants to help you there are 20 content to be in your posse, inflate your ego, soak up the residue of the women, booze and drugs.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I know some say he may have mental issues or whatever, I don't know for sure so I can't say if he does or not...But to me it's been he's just an a-hole and attention seeking, world revolves around me issue.

But after this today I don't know for sure

Honestly he’s just an #######. Rumor was he got benched for a couple of downs. What he did was most likely retaliation to his benching. I see a lot of people on here saying he has mental illness or CTE, but let’s be honest he was a trouble maker before the shot he took back in Pittsburgh 

Just now, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Honestly he’s just an #######. Rumor was he got benched for a couple of downs. What he did was most likely retaliation to his benching. I see a lot of people on here saying he has mental illness or CTE, but let’s be honest he was a trouble maker before the shot he took back in Pittsburgh 

I agree....said basically same exact thing few  post back...

1 minute ago, BarleyNY said:

I don’t think that is correct.  I googled it and everything seems to start in 2017.  Feel free to post a link or something specific if I’m missing something. 

There’s a lot that Tomlin was keeping hidden from the media. Both Brown and Bell were reportedly  locker room headcases to deal with

9 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Do the two things have to be mutually exclusive?  Doesn't his "trouble maker" behavior support a history of mental illness, or vice versa?

No one here knows a damned thing about his situation, ultimately.

I think there is more than enough evidence to suggest some degree of mental illness, however.

How one would skip past that and assume anything else is beyond me.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah I agree...and I'm not saying he doesn't have mental issues....just saying imo it's more an a-hole, I'm going to do what I want, attention thing. 

The more money he has, the worse it gets.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

There’s a lot that Tomlin was keeping hidden from the media. Both Brown and Bell were reportedly  locker room headcases to deal with

While I’m sure Brown wasn’t a choir boy, but I find it difficult to believe that the kind of stuff that was happening before the 2016 hit was as bad as the stuff after it.  Mainly that’s because starting in 2017 things we’re getting public.  I also believe his teammates who have talked about how he was never the same after the hit.

I am not saying that he was ever a great guy or that he doesn’t bear responsibility for his actions.  But brain trauma does have lasting impact.  Also the whole situation does not reflect well in teams that have brought him onboard since.  He’s clearly got mental issues.  Teams don’t seem to have a problem bringing him on as cheap talent with no worry about what one more hit would do to him. 

5 minutes ago, Simon said:

The more money he has, the worse it gets.

Yup, sure looks that way.. it really started with Steelers where he had the most success. I mean I would think if a franchise like Steelers can no longer put up with you, then that tells you (or should tell you) keep away from him. I'm really surprised how many chances he has gotten.

I was 100% not on board when Beane attempted to sign him...desperately wanted to go a different route. Thankfully it worked out

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Bucs were intentionally limiting his snaps to avoid paying incentive bonuses allegedly

FB_IMG_1641168221134.jpg

Well, Bruce Arians is claiming he twice tried to get AB back into the game and AB refused. So, in a test of credibility there... who is less credible? Clearly AB. Also, in limited snaps he could have gotten 55 yards between this game and the next quite easily, and 8 receptions very realistic as well. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Well, Bruce Arians is claiming he twice tried to get AB back into the game and AB refused. So, in a test of credibility there... who is less credible? Clearly AB. Also, in limited snaps he could have gotten 55 yards between this game and the next quite easily, and 8 receptions very realistic as well. 

Exactly...was about to say it wouldn't make sense if it's true Arians wanted him in the game

9 minutes ago, MattM said:

If that's true, that's a huge strike against the Bucs in recruiting Free Agents from here on out....

I don't believe it, and it's honestly a line he could have hit this week and next even with limited snaps.

10 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I don't believe it, and it's honestly a line he could have hit this week and next even with limited snaps.

I believe it, upper management does some absolute bs sometimes to their employees. Still no excuse to go postal, but this is why I don’t blame players from getting all the guaranteed money they can because of bs like this. 

19 minutes ago, MattM said:

If that's true, that's a huge strike against the Bucs in recruiting Free Agents from here on out....

26 minutes ago, Billever76 said:

Bucs were intentionally limiting his snaps to avoid paying incentive bonuses allegedly

FB_IMG_1641168221134.jpg

If it’s true I love it!  A big FU to Liar/scammer Brown who intentionally committed a felony and put himself above his teammates.  

he’s a scumbag and deserves everything he gets….plus interest.  

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Beast said:

You do realize Brown was a douchebag before the Burfict hit?

I don't think you meant to quote me on that.

Because yes, I definitely do know that lol

58 minutes ago, Process said:

Does he still force his children to make out with him?

I... don't even know how to respond to that 😂

1 minute ago, IronMaidenBills said:

I believe it, upper management does some absolute bs sometimes to their employees. Still no excuse to go postal, but this is why I don’t blame players from getting all the guaranteed money they can because of bs like this. 

Then why play him at all? Brady likes him. Unless TB's in on it as well then I don't buy it. If you put him on the field, and Brady tosses him a single TD, then he gets bonus money. It doesn't make sense to sort of limit him when he only needs like 55 yds and a TD over the course of two weeks. He could do that in a single drive.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, FormerlyPT5P said:

For sure. His actions ever since the Burfict hit in playoffs

This is why players like Burfict need to be permanently banned from sports. No suspension, no "disciplinary meetings." Just banned forever. Every year we have to watch talented players across professional sports who are victims of gutless cowards trying to make a name for themselves by permanently injuring players who are better than them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Tony Dungy said it right tonight:  no team should sign him until he gets the help he obviously needs.

I would think this is it for him, though people have probably said that before now!

But I don't see another NFL team dealing with him at this point.

57 minutes ago, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Sorry, you’re just throwing out unfounded speculation.  Seems like if you actually had any real information you’d be telling us all. Feel free to fill us all in on some actual facts if you had them - and go ahead and provide some evidence while you’re at it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.