Browns (7-6) vs. Raiders (6-7)

Patriots (9-4) vs. Colts (7-6)

SUNDAY EARLY:

Titans (9-4) vs. Steelers (6-6-1)

Jets (Dumpster Fire) vs. Dolphins (6-7)

Bills (7-6) vs. Panthers (NFC, idk/idc)

SUNDAY LATE:

Bengals (7-6) vs. Broncos (7-6)

Not sure what scenario in regards to being best interest for Bills you were thinking here, but imo I would change 3 of those games here...

I'd rather want Raiders over Browns

Colts over Pats (no brainer to me) 

Steelers over Tenn

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

5 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

That Pats/Colts game really should tell us our best shot at seeding. Pats win and our only hope is to win out and hope the Dolphins beat the Pats again in the final week.

Colts win and we control our own destiny to the AFCE title.  I'm pulling for the Colts here since division is still in play and I feel like the Bills stand a great shot at winning out.

Yes, indeed...and no disrespected intended to the OP, but as a fan base can we please wrap our heads around...a New England loss on Saturday and the Bills control their own destiny for the playoffs AND the division."

A New England loss on Saturday and the Bills control their own destiny for the playoffs AND the division. 

A New England loss on Saturday and the Bills control their own destiny for the playoffs AND the division. *

*  Repeat this sentence as much as needed.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Yes...and no disrespected intended to the OP, but as a fan base can we please wrap our heads around...a New England loss on Saturday and the Bills control their own destiny for the playoffs AND the division."

A New England loss on Saturday and the Bills control their own destiny for the playoffs AND the division. 

I...I feel like you are trying to make a point but not sure what it is.

😂😂

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

I...I feel like you are trying to make a point but not sure what it is.

😂😂

And watch, Hyde, just watch.  New England will then go out and DE-STROY Indy, with Wentz going 12-31, with three picks.

...Man I hate those New England sons-o'-*****es, I really do.

CAN ONE NFL TEAM PLEASE HELP US WITH THIS?!  I know, I know, the Bills still have to beat them themselves, but still.

Go Bills.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

And watch, Hyde, just watch.  New England will then go out and DE-STROY Indy, with Wentz going 12-31, with three picks.

...Man I hate those New England sons-o'-*****es, I really do.

CAN ONE NFL TEAM PLEASE HELP US WITH THIS?!  I know, I know, the Bills still have to beat them themselves, but still.

Go Bills.

That sounds about right, Donuts. 

Then we would have to beat the Pats and hope like Hades Miami can nip them in the final week. Lots of roads still lead to the division title.

29 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I will be watching Indy vs. NE with as much interest as I can remember in a LONG TIME for a non-Bills game.

I'm talking glued to my set and I wouldn't consider missing 5 minutes of the game for anything.

I can think of a LOT of things I'd miss 5 minutes of that game for. 😂😂

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ross Murdock said:

JAGUARS 9 - BILLS 6.  - STILL AN UNBELIEVABLY BAD LOSS. Bills do not recover from that stench. Finish 9-8.  Rousseau and Basham almost NO impact. Both belong on a milk carton. Oliver is no stud for a #9 pick, and is the definition of mediocrity. Epenesa and Ford are busts. Bills are paying the price this year, and likely next season as well for these horrendous early round whiffs.    

The young draft choices certainly haven't delivered. Epanesa just plain sucks. Oliver is Ok but not consistent or dependable. Certainly, not living up to his draft pick. Is Basham even on the team? Who is he? Hughes is pathetic and getting top dollar to do nothing. Rousseau flashed early and has now disappeared. Edmunds is terrible and not a starting lb. Star is often injured and not reliable. Besides Allen, Beane and the Bills brass has largely whiffed. However, getting the franchise QB is undeniable the biggest and most influential game changer. It was a brilliant risk reward scenario. You gotta give them credit beyond words. It almost makes you forgive their misses which every team has. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

I would prefer to see Indianapolis beat the Pats. Bills need to beat New England , run the table and become AFC East Champions. 

I mean, I'm already deeply annoyed about the "hope you enjoyed your 1 flukey year on top" comments from Pats fans online.

14 minutes ago, gjv001 said:

I would prefer to see Indianapolis beat the Pats. Bills need to beat New England , run the table and become AFC East Champions. 

The Chiefs seem to have fixed their "failed" year nicely.

No reason we can't do the same thing.

4 wins to finish and the AFC East title would be excellent given the way this season has played out.

And we'd be peaking at the right time, heading into playoffs on a 4 game streak, which is perfect.

Gotta do it though!  No more talk; must perform now.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Yes, indeed...and no disrespected intended to the OP, but as a fan base can we please wrap our heads around...a New England loss on Saturday and the Bills control their own destiny for the playoffs AND the division."

A New England loss on Saturday and the Bills control their own destiny for the playoffs AND the division. *

*  Repeat this sentence as much as needed.

Rooting for the Patriots over Indy is the loser mentality....hoping for the wildcard. Indy needs to win and the Bills run the table.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillsFan619 said:

I agree, bro. Good thoughts, go for it all. Don’t just settle.

You make a good point. At this point, I think im ready to settle for a playoff appearance. Anyway and anyhow. You never know what can happen. However, under any scenario it's difficult to think this team can make a deep playoff run. The lines have to improve somehow whether by schemes, making changes, or better execution. Come playoff time in colder weather the battle of the trenches will be even more important. I doubt Allen will be able to carry this team on his back. He needs help especially vs playoff teams. Thus far, the team is

7-6 with medicore and inconsistent play; especially since the break. Heck, look at the Tampa game. From game to game and now half to half I really have no idea what Bills team is going to show up. Last year, I felt excited and confident about the team. This year feels vastly different. 

A few things that give me hope. The way they played vs Tampa in the second half. It was the Josh Allen show! We need to see more of this with more Beasley and Davis. Timely and effective runs and misdirection plays. McKenzie should be playing. His speed is an asset. 

Secondly, there doesn't seem to be a dominant AFC team. KC is looking very dangerous. All other teams seem beatable on any given day. 

Go Bills

1 hour ago, newcam2012 said:

You make a good point. At this point, I think im ready to settle for a playoff appearance. Anyway and anyhow. You never know what can happen. However, under any scenario it's difficult to think this team can make a deep playoff run. The lines have to improve somehow whether by schemes, making changes, or better execution. Come playoff time in colder weather the battle of the trenches will be even more important. I doubt Allen will be able to carry this team on his back. He needs help especially vs playoff teams. Thus far, the team is

7-6 with medicore and inconsistent play; especially since the break. Heck, look at the Tampa game. From game to game and now half to half I really have no idea what Bills team is going to show up. Last year, I felt excited and confident about the team. This year feels vastly different. 

A few things that give me hope. The way they played vs Tampa in the second half. It was the Josh Allen show! We need to see more of this with more Beasley and Davis. Timely and effective runs and misdirection plays. McKenzie should be playing. His speed is an asset. 

Secondly, there doesn't seem to be a dominant AFC team. KC is looking very dangerous. All other teams seem beatable on any given day. 

Go Bills

You definitely could be right, bro, they may not have a deep playoff run.

That said, the reason you have hope is the reason I have lots of hope. I know it’s only one 1/2 of a football game but they really showed some thing in that second half of the Tampa Bay game. Not saying it’s going to transfer over for sure, but we know the team has the talent and has shown it before for long stretches. If it does transfer over, watch out. We can literally beat anyone if we start playing consistently like that. Also, to your point, everybody’s beatable in the AFC. We even beat KC. I Realize they weren’t at their best at the time, that said, we still beat them and now we know that we can. Also, they would’ve lost last night if it wasn’t for the overly aggressive coach of the chargers.

While time is short, there still is time to right the ship, get on a hot streak and see what happens come playoff time.

Edited by BillsFan619

15 minutes ago, BillsFan619 said:

You definitely could be right, bro, they may not have a deep playoff run.

That said, the reason you have hope is the reason I have lots of hope. I know it’s only one 1/2 of a football game but they really showed some thing in that second half of the Tampa Bay game. Not saying it’s going to transfer over for sure, but we know the team has the talent and has shown it before for long stretches. If it does transfer over, watch out. We can literally beat anyone if we start playing consistently like that. Also, to your point, everybody’s beatable in the AFC. We even beat KC. I Realize they weren’t at their best at the time, that said, we still beat them and now we know that we can. Also, they would’ve lost last night if it wasn’t for the overly aggressive coach of the chargers.

While time is short, there still is time to right the ship, get on a hot streak and see what happens come playoff time.

I like this post. 👍

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DapperCam said:

I won’t be rooting for the Pats, but I won’t be that upset if they win either. Colts will beat us in the playoffs, and the Pats can still blow the division vs Miami (who they already lost to).

That's actually a great point. I'm much more confident Bills can beat the Pats away or home then I am the Bills being able to beat the Colts away or home.

17 hours ago, Billznut said:

Yes. For some reason multiple people here haven’t grasped this yet. This was discussed in a different thread Thursday night and even today we still have posters wanting the Pats to beat the Colts. It doesn’t make sense at all. 

I think people grasp it.  I just dont think those people believe we can beat the Pats.

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, Billznut said:

Yes. For some reason multiple people here haven’t grasped this yet. This was discussed in a different thread Thursday night and even today we still have posters wanting the Pats to beat the Colts. It doesn’t make sense at all. 

You could make the case this team has a better shot at making the Super Bowl as a WC team.

-It's highly unlikely we get the #1 seed if we win the division so we're going to have to win three straight to make the Super Bowl no matter what.

-There won't be much difference in quality of teams from seeds 1 to 7 as the AFC is wide open.

-We rely more on the pass than any other AFC team and our stadium is the windiest on average in the NFL.

-We've played better on the road this year and across the league home teams are just 103-104-1 this year.

-This team embraces the underdog mentality and seems uncomfortable as front runners.

It would be nice to win the division but I just want to get in so I'm not going to lose sleep if the Pats beat the Colts on Saturday.  Just find a way to get into the dance.

-

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

At first I was with the pats lose vs the colts and bills win next 2 to reclaim the division crowd, but I don't mind a pats win as well I guess since colts play arizona next week for another L to knock em out po's. And pats can still lose to miami while bills can claim division

Edited by motorj

18 hours ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

I didn’t see a thread from @SlimShady'sSpaceForce on match-ups. 

With the Thursday night game in the books, here is a look at the AFC win/losses of teams that are hanging around (not seeded, just records)These picks are specifically assuming a race for the Wildcard: 

KC 10-4.  (Week 15 complete)

NE 9-4

TEN 9-4

BALT 8-5 

LAC 8-6. (Week 15 complete)

IND 7-6

DEN 7-6

CLV 7-6

CIN 7-6

BUF 7-6 

PIT 6-6-1

LVR 6-7

MIA 6-7

There are a ton of good games this week (NFC too!) with undoubtable playoff implications. I have bolded the teams who I think we want to win . Take a look: 

SATURDAY:

Browns (7-6) vs. Raiders (6-7)

Patriots (9-4) vs. Colts (7-6)

SUNDAY EARLY:

Titans (9-4) vs. Steelers (6-6-1)

Jets (Dumpster Fire) vs. Dolphins (6-7)

Bills (7-6) vs. Panthers (NFC, idk/idc)

SUNDAY LATE:

Bengals (7-6) vs. Broncos (7-6)

Denver has three tough games left (Raiders, Chargers, Chiefs) 

Packers (NFC, idk/idc) vs. Ravens (8-5)

This would have the standings following week 15 looking like this:

Division Leaders (not seeded)

KC 10-4.  

NE 10-4

TEN 10-4

BALT 8-6

Wildcard (not seeded)

LAC 8-6. 

DEN 8-6

BUF 8-6

In the hunt (not seeded)

IND 7-7

LVR 7-7

CLV 7-7

CIN 7-7

PIT 6-7-1

MIA 6-8

GO BILLS!!!

The Jets beating the Dolphins?  Highly unlikely.

Either outcome has potential benefits for the Bills. But I want NE to lose everytime they play, so I'll be rooting hard for the Colts.

My opinion on the games:

SATURDAY:

Patriots (9-4) vs. Colts (7-6) ... Colts win by 10+, M Jone is finaly exposed for the mediorcicy he is.

SUNDAY:

Titans (9-4) vs. Steelers (6-6-1) ... A Steelers loss give the Bills a little more wiggle room

Jets (Dumpster Fire) vs. Dolphins (6-7) ... Fins will win, which is good for the Bills as with each win the NE game in week 17 gets more and more important 

Bills (7-6) vs. Panthers (NFC, idk/idc) ... JUST WIN!

Bengals (7-6) vs. Broncos (7-6) ... either helps, and both are going to lose another game or two.

Packers (NFC, idk/idc) vs. Ravens (8-5) ... Pac all the way, even with Lamar the Ravens are falling.

MONDAY:

Browns (7-6) vs. Raiders (6-7) ... Either outcome can be good, but I think Raiders take the COVID depleted Browns, and no sympathy here, any time Baker loses its a good day

Edited by CSBill
  • Like (+1) 1

On 12/17/2021 at 7:02 AM, No Place To Hyde said:

That Pats/Colts game really should tell us our best shot at seeding. Pats win and our only hope is to win out and hope the Dolphins beat the Pats again in the final week.

Colts win and we control our own destiny to the AFCE title.  I'm pulling for the Colts here since division is still in play and I feel like the Bills stand a great shot at winning out.

We don't have to win out if the Patriots win tonight

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

You could make the case this team has a better shot at making the Super Bowl as a WC team.

-It's highly unlikely we get the #1 seed if we win the division so we're going to have to win three straight to make the Super Bowl no matter what.

-There won't be much difference in quality of teams from seeds 1 to 7 as the AFC is wide open.

-We rely more on the pass than any other AFC team and our stadium is the windiest on average in the NFL.

-We've played better on the road this year and across the league home teams are just 103-104-1 this year.

-This team embraces the underdog mentality and seems uncomfortable as front runners.

It would be nice to win the division but I just want to get in so I'm not going to lose sleep if the Pats beat the Colts on Saturday.  Just find a way to get into the dance.

-

Very well said!

20 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

The young draft choices certainly haven't delivered. Epanesa just plain sucks. Oliver is Ok but not consistent or dependable. Certainly, not living up to his draft pick. Is Basham even on the team? Who is he? Hughes is pathetic and getting top dollar to do nothing. Rousseau flashed early and has now disappeared. Edmunds is terrible and not a starting lb. Star is often injured and not reliable. Besides Allen, Beane and the Bills brass has largely whiffed. However, getting the franchise QB is undeniable the biggest and most influential game changer. It was a brilliant risk reward scenario. You gotta give them credit beyond words. It almost makes you forgive their misses which every team has. 

Everyone thought Knox was a bust too.

Bottom line, the 1st and 2nd yr guys should be given until their 3rd year to be passing ultimate judgment.  Ford, fine, certainly looks like a bust...Oliver has been very good, not great always

It's way too early to proclaim anything on these young DL, certainly not going to say they whiffed yet.  Josh blossomed into a MVP candidate, top 5 QB, so darn right Beane and staff deserve major kudos, beyond "almost makes you forgive them" status.  

This team needs to get the killer instinct down the stretch, we've lost 5 games that were 1 score heading to the 4th qtr...could be a diff season when a couple bounce our way or we get a key call.  Until then, we are 7-6 and still in the hunt for a division title.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Really depends…. If they win out absolutely, regardless of if they win the division or not…..Not sure 10-7 gets it done to be honest. The Chargers are a lock for one WC spot and if Colts win tonight I expect them to get to 10-7, and I expect at least one of the Bengals/Ravens/Browns to get to 10 wins. If two of them do, Bills are out of a playoff spot assuming they go 10-7 as well. 

I don't think the Chargers are a lock........they are a very flawed team that has to play balls-to-wall aggressive to cover for their terrible defense.

And the Bills have a significant schedule advantage over those AFC North teams.    The combination of opponents and divisional familiarity is such that it wouldn't even be a shock if 9-8 won that division.

47 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Really depends…. If they win out absolutely, regardless of if they win the division or not…..Not sure 10-7 gets it done to be honest. The Chargers are a lock for one WC spot and if Colts win tonight I expect them to get to 10-7, and I expect at least one of the Bengals/Ravens/Browns to get to 10 wins. If two of them do, Bills are out of a playoff spot assuming they go 10-7 as well. 

That would really be devestating. 

56 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I don't think the Chargers are a lock........they are a very flawed team that has to play balls-to-wall aggressive to cover for their terrible defense.

And the Bills have a significant schedule advantage over those AFC North teams.    The combination of opponents and divisional familiarity is such that it wouldn't even be a shock if 9-8 won that division.

Chargers are a very good team. I think they are very dangerous. They have two remaining games  the Broncos and Raiders which will not be easy. Agree they aren't a lock. As for flaws, they aren't good at stopping the run, have a young inexperienced coach, and they just seem a little green. However, I would argue that the Bills are a more flawed team then the Chargers. The Chargers Oline is much better than the Bills. The Chargers have a guy named Eckler who is very dynamic and knows how to score tds. The Bills don't have anyone close to his caliber. Also, their pass rush with a healthy Bosa is much better than the Bills. Charger team is formidable and arguably a better team than the Bills. 

Edited by newcam2012

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

they said the same about the Bills Jags game too. 

I mean true enough...but the Fins have quietly put together quite the winning streak themselves. I believe second only to the Pats right now.

On 12/17/2021 at 6:02 AM, No Place To Hyde said:

True. If the Pats lose to the Colts & then lose to the Bills the following week, they'd be 9-6 with a Division record of 3-2 while the Bills would be 9-6 with a 4-1 Division record going into week 17.

Then in week 17, the Bills play the Falcons (at Home) & the Pats play the Jags (at Home). Nothing is a given, especially with the Bills, but on paper we should both be heading into week 18 sitting at 10-6.

Finally, Bills close out at home against the Jets, Pats finish on the road against the Dolphins. A lot could go right or wrong for both, but the Bills appear to have a better chance. Of course, all this changes if the Pats beat the Colts, or if the Bills lose to the Pats the following week. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.