Week 12: Bills at Saints on Thanksgiving

YoloinOhio

32 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Might be okay for Star as he’s missed 2 games. I’d venture that Brown is out again. 

Star tested positive a week ago today. Thursday is the first day he is eligible to be w the team.  So it’s unlikely.

Has anyone heard if he’s experiencing any symptoms and what treatment he is undergoing for COVID.

1 minute ago, Draconator said:

I'm working a 15 hour shift Thanksgiving Day. Maybe that will bring us good luck. 

And for those inquiring minds, time and a half (10 hours for working on the holiday), 10 hours additional holiday pay, triple time working overtime on a holiday (5 hours). Same with Black Friday, another 15 hour, holiday time and pay shift. I should be able to buy a Cody Ford jersey with that paycheck. 

Damn, that sucks man. Used to do the same for a lot of years.

Enjoy the extra loot, but I'd consider a Kirk Chambers or Andy Levitre jersey instead. Maybe even Derrick Dockery lol

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I didn't get that impression from Allen.  Allen believes this is a good football team and that this game doesn't represent who they are.  He knows they need to bounce back on a short week.  Knox really didn't say much.  However...I did get that impression from Dawkins.  It was almost a "shrug your shoulders" kind of respone.

Knox didn't say much. 4 drops will do that to you. I can't figure out what's going on with Dawkins. If they think they can just flip a switch they're dreaming. 

• Agree 1

Its great that we play last on thursday.

I plan to not watch it live.  Since we play last, there's no danger I'll accidently get info about the game until I can watch the replay friday morning.  I can watch the first 2 games (or not) and then actually enjoy watching the game on Friday at a normal flow.

The commercial breaks are no longer do-able.  Zero flow.  it feels more like i'm watching a highlight package, not an actual game.  Diving for the remote to hit "mute" on thanksgiving with greasy hands.  Having to have an alternate channel to flip to during the incessant breaks. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Draconator said:

I'm working a 15 hour shift Thanksgiving Day. Maybe that will bring us good luck. 

And for those inquiring minds, time and a half (10 hours for working on the holiday), 10 hours additional holiday pay, triple time working overtime on a holiday (5 hours). Same with Black Friday, another 15 hour, holiday time and pay shift. I should be able to buy a Cody Ford jersey with that paycheck. 

Dang my boss is getting over on me , I worked thanksgiving and had to buy him a turkey. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, jkeerie said:

I didn't get that impression from Allen.  Allen believes this is a good football team and that this game doesn't represent who they are.  He knows they need to bounce back on a short week.  Knox really didn't say much.  However...I did get that impression from Dawkins.  It was almost a "shrug your shoulders" kind of respone.

i can see why Dawkins might have thought that. I felt like he had a great game. He can only control what he can control. 

Mark Ingram folks, don't overlook him. OG in the Henry/Taylor mold and he picked up 5+ ypc today. Having a surprisingly great year. It would be embarrassing, but considering our clear issues against the run and a 4 day turnaround, I'd be ready ready for it.

Edited by Nelius

3 hours ago, Process said:

This is a much better matchup for the bills. I know it feels like the sky is falling right now but this is a game they should win easily. 

If we do lose then the season is truly over, because that would mean the coaches have lost the locker room and the guys have packed it in for the year.

I highly doubt this will be an easy win for the Bills. Its Thanksgiving day and the Saints are at home coming off a loss. Nothing here screams easy. I'd take a forfeit at this point. 

34 minutes ago, Nelius said:

Mark Ingram folks, don't overlook him. OG in the Henry/Taylor mold and he picked up 5+ ypc today. Having a surprisingly great year. It would be embarrassing, but considering our clear issues against the run and a 4 day turnaround, I'd be ready ready for it.

He should plow right through the Bills Dline. 

4 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Is it though? If Kamara plays (out today) they have a real 2 headed rushing attack with him and Ingram. Same guys that hung 230 rushing and 4 TDs on us a few years back. Today felt a LOT like that day.

Kinda puzzling how stuff like this is still happening 4 years on, and how much FA $$$ and top draft picks invested into the DL? Two 1sts, Two 2nds in the last 3 years and money wasted on on FA acquisitions.  Unacceptable that 4 years later, ONE guy being out on the DL and they get abused like this.  Saints don't even need Kamara, Ingram will run all over this marshmallowy soft defense.

3 hours ago, Reks Ryan said:

Star tested positive a week ago today. Thursday is the first day he is eligible to be w the team.  So it’s unlikely.

Has anyone heard if he’s experiencing any symptoms and what treatment he is undergoing for COVID.

Does that confirm he is unvaxed?

What all you eternal optimists need to realize is...

The Bills couldn't move the ball on the Colts 20th or so defense. They scored a whole 15 points...

They scored only 6 points against the Jags with the 28th or so defense.

The Bills scored 26 against a bad Miami defense ranked 29th or so

Oh yeah, they scored a bunch in the second half against the worst teams defense in the NY Jets with their 32nd defense.

This Turkey day the Bills face the NO Saints who are 7th in points allowed, 10th in yards allowed. 

The following Monday on MNF they face the Patriots with currently the #2 defense and will in all probability be #1 by the time they play. 

Josh Allen keeps blaming himself for the poor offensive outings. Yet, the Bills have the talent at QB, WR and even RB. So, what's the issue? 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

Does that confirm he is unvaxed?

In McD’s postgame presser.  He was asked “isnt it extra galling when it’s a COVID 19 issue that affects the anchor of your D-line not to mention your right tackle?”   McD answered, “I respect those guys decision, and I’m going to talk about who’s here.”

This quote plus and the fact that Star definitely was unvaxed during training camp tells me he’s still unvaxed.

53 minutes ago, Reks Ryan said:

In McD’s postgame presser.  He was asked “isnt it extra galling when it’s a COVID 19 issue that affects the anchor of your D-line not to mention your right tackle?”   McD answered, “I respect those guys decision, and I’m going to talk about who’s here.”

This quote plus and the fact that Star definitely was unvaxed during training camp tells me he’s still unvaxed.

I just don’t understand why he would opt out if he was so afraid or Covid and then not get vaxed

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, Reks Ryan said:

I miss the days of coaches like Mike Ditka.  You think he’d “respect those guys decision”?  It would be “get vaccinated or get the hell outta here.”  Bill Parcells would probably refer to those players as “she”

• Vomit 1

10 hours ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Is it though? If Kamara plays (out today) they have a real 2 headed rushing attack with him and Ingram. Same guys that hung 230 rushing and 4 TDs on us a few years back. Today felt a LOT like that day.

If Kamara is healthy and plays the saints run game will gash the Bills all game long. I don't see the Bills stopping their run game.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

No turnovers and he made the plays when he had to. Escaping that sack and running for that huge gain was winning football. He didn’t need to throw for a ton of yards. 

Wentz was serviceable. I don't see anything that screams elite or franchise. The Colts beat the Bills via their run game, defense, and a huge special teams play. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.