Thursday Night Football: Patriots @ Falcons, 8:20 PM Eastern, FOX / Amazon Prime Video

RiotAct

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Was Ridley gone when they beat the Saints (rummage, rummage)

Yes, it looks as though he was. 

So how did this team beat the Saints?

They won by 2 with a last minute FG.  Divisional game so they held the Saints scoreless until the second half.  Just one of those upsets.

Patriots have now outscored their oppponents 94- 13 in their last 3 games and 175-50 during their 5 game win streak.

Mac Jones wasn't even that great tonight too.

Just don't see how we are going to move the ball or score against this team and this oline is going to get taken to the woodshed even if at full strength and starting to really feel that sick feeling that they are hands down the best team in the division.....And just like that the Pats retake control of the AFC East tonight, if not just temporarily anyway.

• Eyeroll 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Dislike 2

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, but the team I saw tonight couldn’t get out of its own way, much less score multiple touchdowns.  

I agree.  It's a divisional rivalry.  Atlanta played their best and NO not.

8 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Patriots have now outscored their oppponents 94- 13 in their last 3 games and 175-50 during their 5 game win streak.

Just don't see how we are going to move the ball or score against this team and this oline is going to get taken to the woodshed even if at full strength and starting to really feel that sick feeling that they are hands down the best team in the division.....And just like that the Pats retake control of the AFC East tonight, if not just temporarily anyway.

Well aren't you just a ray of sunshine!?

16 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

How’s this guy not been banned yet for repeating the same thing over and over? 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I'll see it when I believe it. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

You're underestimating what a problem we are for them.

On 11/15/2020 at 11:13 PM, High Football IQ said:

Ironically the Patriots are going to decide this division with back to back games against the Dolphins and Bills in late December and even if they aren't playoff bound it's probably going to be asking a lot to go into NE and sweep them.

But after tonight the Pats are obviously not dead and buried yet and will likely be back to .500 and right in the thick of things after next weeks game in Houston.

On 11/29/2020 at 7:01 PM, High Football IQ said:

Win aside, this was as a pathetic performance as it gets coming out of a bye week against a 3 win team.

Arizona has also lost 3 of 4 games with the only win coming against the Bills which is also not a very inspiring barometer.

Bottom line this team is going to need to play significantly better down the stretch or it's still a very real possibility they not only miss out on the division but miss the playoffs altogether.

34 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

The Bills have scored 146 points over their last 5 games and that includes the 6 point clunker.  The Bills still lead the league in point differential with 2 clunkers and that includes tonights Pats game... who really didnt move the ball so well against one of the worst defenses in the league. Yeah the Bills wont be able to move the ball.

edit oh damn it didnt quote the one where you insisted Miami was going to run the table, win the division, and we would be lucky if the Pats didnt get the wildcard spot ahead of the Bills.  Then the one where your new concern was the Browns.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

And now Troy Aikman goes into protection mode for the right Josh…I still cant believe that his clown was the fans choice for Bills starting QB at the time 

When one of them said that if Kingsbury hadn't been named coach of Arizona Rosen would probably still be there I knew they had been drinking.  The main reason Kingsbury got the job was because he told them he wanted no part of Rosen & I imagine the GM agreed and knew he had found his man. 

Just think how bad Rosen must have looked in practice as a rookie for Arizona to know that they had to get rid of him while he still had some trade value left. 

In a way I feel sorry for Rosen.  It's got to be tough for him to realize he is so limited as a player in the NFL.  It's almost like a high school valedictorian flunking out of college his freshman year & every time he enrolls in another college he flunks out there too.    

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

If you take yourself seriously...

....lol.

6 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

If you take yourself seriously...

....lol.

Last year Miami was going to win the division and the Pats and Browns were going to keep the Bills out of the Playoffs.  He disappeared by Nov and made a new account this year.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m scaaaaaaared… 💩

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

Good? Bad? He's the one with the gun/cannon.

More posts like this.  Bills hit the Pats with some klaatu barada necktie! 🍻

• Haha (+1) 1

PS Hi Football IQ... The Pats still dont control the AFC East tonight because their win % is still lower.

The Bills stats are better than the Patriots. Better point differential. Better defense overall. Better offense overall. Better record. Better QB. Better receivers. The list goes on.

I think football is too much for you. Maybe try soccer. You can roll on the ground crying right along with the players.

4 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Well you being a Patriots fan of course your homerism is going to come out.

You also thought the pet rock was going to replace animals as pets.

Don't worry the Bills won't have any problems against your Patriots.

Edited by TBBills

1 hour ago, TBBills said:

You'll have to define what you mean by "problems" exactly.

The Patriots are going to be two, tough, huge outs for us this year.

You can count on that! 

Doesn't mean we can't beat them twice!  

They are getting stronger every week; they are a good example of how long an NFL season is and how things are never the same at the start of the year vs. the end of the year.

They are getting stronger every week.

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

You'll have to define what you mean by "problems" exactly.

The Patriots are going to be two, tough, huge outs for us this year.

You can count on that! 

Doesn't mean we can't beat them twice!  

They are getting stronger every week; they are a good example of how long an NFL season is and how things are never the same at the start of the year vs. the end of the year.

They are getting stronger every week.

Actually the Bills are going to be two huge tough outs for the Patriots this year.  

You got it mixed up.

They aren't getting stronger they are playing worse teams every week. The ***** you scared people say is funny.

It will be great once the Bills can finally play the Patriots so you gullible doomsayers can shut up.

Edited by TBBills

10 hours ago, TheFunPolice said:

It's amazing how Ryan went from NFL MVP with a 25 point lead in the Super Bowl to broken and unable to play football in basically 12 minutes of game time.

He was never good again after the SB

He was fantastic in 2018. They were 7-9 because the defense was one of the worst in the league. But he threw for 5000 yards, had a 35/7 td/int ratio, and a rating of over 108.

54 minutes ago, Rico said:

MV5BNjZmNmM5OWEtMWU1NS00ZjVkLThkMzItOGI1

It’s like Dunkirk Don all over again 

Arguing something that won’t be settled until the 2 teams meet and the Bills sweep then and end their season 

As to the standings

https://www.espn.com/nfl/standings

the Bills are still the Top Dog

The early goings of this game felt sculpted by the refs. They extended a couple Patriots drives and really buried a few plays from the Falcons. 

Most of the penalties were minor.

Then as the game went on and the Falcons looked anemic they backed off a bit. 

In the end can't blame refs for the loss, but I felt a tangible "sheparding" of the outcome early on. 

Ive felt this in more and more games this year. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Wyobills89 said:

Pats have a good D I will give them that. But we also have a good D. I think our offense is a little better. Our game will Def be a big game and hard fought. I still feel the Bills are the better team, we will find out soon enough. 

Our offense and defense are better but the pats offense is more balanced and their OL is leaps and bounds ahead of ours.  It’s going to be physical. We best bring our A game and some focus.

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Our offense and defense are better but the pats offense is more balanced and their OL is leaps and bounds ahead of ours.  It’s going to be physical. We best bring our A game and some focus.

Realistically, their O-line is better, their backs are better, their TE's are better, WR 2-3 are about equal.  JA and Diggs are in a whole different class than their counterparts in NE which gives us a huge big play advantage.  That's theoretical, realistically JA has played NE 6 times and had 1 good game.  

Our offense has been more productive than theirs, but we weren't playing their defense.  Its going to be a tough and awesome game.

10 hours ago, Weatherman said:

Is Josh Rosen the worst QB drafted in round #1 in the last 10 years?  Man we dodged a huge bullet.  Thank god management does not listen to the Fans.  

I could make a case for Haskins since he didn't make it without being waived less than 2 seasons in.  Other major busts were Lynch, Manziel & Locker, but only Locker was drafted higher than Rosen.  

I've never seen a backup QB put in in garbage time, throw 1 INT & get yanked for the 3rd stringer (who may have saved Rosen's job by throwing a pick himself)

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I could make a case for Haskins since he didn't make it without being waived less than 2 seasons in.  Other major busts were Lynch, Manziel & Locker, but only Locker was drafted higher than Rosen.  

I've never seen a backup QB put in in garbage time, throw 1 INT & get yanked for the 3rd stringer (who may have saved Rosen's job by throwing a pick himself)

At least with Locker, injuries did him in. He obviously wasn't great, but he was better than Rosen is.

12 minutes ago, P Riv said:

Realistically, their O-line is better, their backs are better, their TE's are better, WR 2-3 are about equal.  JA and Diggs are in a whole different class than their counterparts in NE which gives us a huge big play advantage.  That's theoretical, realistically JA has played NE 6 times and had 1 good game.  

Our offense has been more productive than theirs, but we weren't playing their defense.  Its going to be a tough and awesome game.

Agree with all of that.  Gonna be some battles.  Our OL and DL are gonna be put to the test.  

2 hours ago, P Riv said:

The NE front 7 is as good as any in the game.

They will terrorize our OL, and both games should be the kind where Josh and the offense struggles to put up points.

Our D is outstanding too, and Mack, as good as he has been for a rookie, is still limited.

Should be hard, tough, low scoring game and we can easily lose.

I watched that game last night and I think the result had as much or more to do with the fact that Atlanta is terrible than it had to do with NE excellence.  Mac Jones had it very easy last night, as did the NE defense against a putrid Falcons offense.  They are a good team, but they are not the juggernaut that they are being made out to be by the media and many supposed Bills fans.  The games will be competitive, but the Bills are the better team.  

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, TBBills said:

1) I'm anything but a Pats fan and have been a Bills fan for 30+ years which is why I'm not afraid to criticize since I've seen the good, bad and everything in between.

2) Hope a lot of you will be willing to admit your wrong when the Pats humble this team in a few weeks. I know I will be and god I hope I'm wrong just got a bad feeling this team is going to implode the next few weeks with a dominant Pats win on MNF being the dagger for the season in terms of not only the division but sending the Bills possibly out of the WC picture for the time being.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.