Nigel Bradham Arrested

Rico

8 hours ago, Augie said:

Either way, after many years of earning enormous NFL paychecks, you have to be “Travis Henry Stupid” to be driving around with 3.5 lbs of weed. The fact that it was broken down into bags and he was armed screams “I’m a dealer!” 

The funny part was him trying to sell “I left my medical marijuana card at home”.  He should try standup when he gets out.  😂

OK, I think you’re right. I put them both in the same boat, in my mind. The guys ESPN and the others will hire to be the face of their franchise has always surprised me. I FULLY believe in second chances, but Ray Lewis and the others, in MY mind, needed some more time in the shadows before being front and center. Just my opinion there. There are better options out there to represent you. 

He wasn't just armed which isn't a felony......he was in possession of a stolen firearm which is a felony

• Like (+1) 1

aside from the fact that this guy is simply a common criminal, how money can one actually make selling weed?  like, his pension has got to be a few hundo a year, and he musta netted like 12MM plus as a player.  

most of these guys have terminal stupidity and it's just a question of what particular idiot move is going to do them in.

8 hours ago, The Dean said:

Fortunately I'm in the other 50%. Why smoke in your car when there are so many less odorous ways to consume your thc while driving?  

Agreed. 

I was also thinking that it's pretty cool not to drive around stoned out on thc and kill somebody.. 

7 hours ago, The Dean said:

My doctor says I'm the poster child for med marijuana.

He must not have read your post about driving around while doing thc. 

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, colin said:

aside from the fact that this guy is simply a common criminal, how money can one actually make selling weed?  like, his pension has got to be a few hundo a year, and he musta netted like 12MM plus as a player.  

most of these guys have terminal stupidity and it's just a question of what particular idiot move is going to do them in.

You can make a ton selling weed because you have a larger customer base.

The new NFLPA agreement is you receive $46,000 per credited season.  Previously it was $22,000 per credited season.

Bradham played 9 seasons so I would say he's receiving roughly $300,000-$350,000 a year on his pension. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Maybe, I mean not very much money in selling the weed anymore. Money is in the real drugs, like cocaine, heroin etc. If gona be a dealer I'd think go with what makes the money.

Who knows though, either way a dumb move

Old habits die hard. You don't just get to that level in sports and up and decide to start selling weed and carrying a pistol for the first time.

7 hours ago, The Dean said:

It is for a medical condition. Plus I actually enjoy getting high. Used to do "real drugs" as you put it, but those highs don't seem to be very good anymore for me at this time in my life. Weed and alcohol work just fine. But I do use Medical Marijuana for pain, insomnia, etc.  Lost 60 lbs, was able to cut back on BP meds, no longer need pills for breakthrough pain (I wear a fentanyl patch as well--20 years now, same dose) or Ambien and such for sleep. My doctor says I'm the poster child for med marijuana.

Thanks for sharing.... more people need to hear this story. Too many people out there with reefer madness mindset still... meanwhile that granny is on 3 trazadone a day, and her daughter takes her Xanax down with a glass of wine for anxiety! .... but the weed has no place in medicine 🙄

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Maybe, I mean not very much money in selling the weed anymore. Money is in the real drugs, like cocaine, heroin etc. If gona be a dealer I'd think go with what makes the money.

Who knows though, either way a dumb move

Prices of quality weed has gone up. The penalties are lower in most states. People usually aren't gonna kill you for weed. It's the smartest choice if you're gonna go that route. 

1 hour ago, Just in Atlanta said:

If Nigel had paid attention on the first day of Criminal School he would've learned:

"Don't drive flashy cars with stolen license plates"
"If you're going to carry 3.5 pounds of weed in a flashy car with stolen license plates, hide the smell"

"At least get a medical marijuana card - it costs $15".

"If you have to transport 3.5 pounds of smelly weed in an un-registered flashy car, and a satchel of firearms, make sure your firearms are legal"

Never drive said car in Florida

Your points are excellent. Just one thing. A medical card (just the card) is about $75 in Florida. But you also have to see your med marijuana doctor twice a year. For me that's about $500/year BEFORE buying any product. Still a drop in the bucket for Nigel, one would think.

1 hour ago, Bill from NYC said:

Agreed. 

I was also thinking that it's pretty cool not to drive around stoned out on thc and kill somebody.. 

He must not have read your post about driving around while doing thc. 

Funny thing, Bill. I basically don't use THC at all during the day. My pain is worse at night, so that's my usual time and I'm normally home at night. But my doctor wants me to use it all day!  Low dose, of course, but still a bit of THC.  For the record, my doctor used to be the head of anesthesiology for Shand's (University of Florida) in Gainesville for years. Before that he was a pharmacist. Very well respected as a doctor. Some clowns here just pass out licenses to whomever and do little else. An appointment with my guy is a real doctor appointment. 

And I never drive stoned or drunk anymore. I haven't in years. I may have a small bit of THC in my system, or have one or two drinks (over the course of an hour or two), but never near the legal limit. In fact, on Sunday I was supposed to go watch the game with friends, but I didn't feel like I should drive. I woke up feeling stoned after 8 hours of sleep. Turns out I mistakenly took a double dose before going to sleep and it was still in my system. So I stayed home.

• Like (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Prices of quality weed has gone up. The penalties are lower in most states. People usually aren't gonna kill you for weed. It's the smartest choice if you're gonna go that route. 

Yeah can't argue with that. Jus sayin now days especially there's not much money in it. Also with legalization now in many areas it's just not where the money is if one were to decide to quit their day job and go for a degree in selling drugs.

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Old habits die hard. You don't just get to that level in sports and up and decide to start selling weed and carrying a pistol for the first time.

Yup, really stupid move by him. Has plenty of money ( I assume) and has multiple bags ready to go. Honestly I didn't know at first he had a bunch of bags like that. I just kinda skimmed the article and thought he had the 3.5lbs in one package.

Either way though, bone head move by him

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, The Dean said:

Your points are excellent. Just one thing. A medical card (just the card) is about $75 in Florida. But you also have to see your med marijuana doctor twice a year. For me that's about $500/year BEFORE buying any product. Still a drop in the bucket for Nigel, one would think

Just curious, when buying your ganja, do you just go to the pot shop like they got in Colorado or whatever? Or is it different in FL?

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins

14 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Yeah can't argue with that. Jus sayin now days especially there's not much money in it. Also with legalization now in many areas it's just not where the money is if one were to decide to quit their day job and go for a degree in selling drugs.

Crap Mexican brick stuff sure. There's no money in that. Top shelf there's millions 

2 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

Crap Mexican brick stuff sure. There's no money in that. Top shelf there's millions 

Well top shelf is what's being sold in the shops and all that right? Anyway, my point is basically that the big money is and has been in the cocaine market a lot more than weed.

That's all I'm saying...

11 hours ago, 17islongenough said:

Remember the 1st rule of drugs is to have everything on your car working and correct 

I have a friend whose motto is, never break 2 laws at the same time.  He said this as he was smoking weed while driving on a road trip to Florida.  He said he was fine as long as he didn't speed, change lanes without a blinker, have a headlight out, etc...  Good words to live by.

(I was scared about him driving high at first but he was actually a very good driver even while smoking a joint)

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, colin said:

According to Overthecap.com he earned over $21MM during his NFL Career.  Have to assume its all gone up in smoke.

9 hours ago, The Dean said:

It is for a medical condition. Plus I actually enjoy getting high. Used to do "real drugs" as you put it, but those highs don't seem to be very good anymore for me at this time in my life. Weed and alcohol work just fine. But I do use Medical Marijuana for pain, insomnia, etc.  Lost 60 lbs, was able to cut back on BP meds, no longer need pills for breakthrough pain (I wear a fentanyl patch as well--20 years now, same dose) or Ambien and such for sleep. My doctor says I'm the poster child for med marijuana.

Sorry to hear about your medical and sleeping issues, Dean

3 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I have a friend whose motto is, never break 2 laws at the same time.  He said this as he was smoking weed while driving on a road trip to Florida.  He said he was fine as long as he didn't speed, change lanes without a blinker, have a headlight out, etc...  Good words to live by.

(I was scared about him driving high at first but he was actually a very good driver even while smoking a joint)

Imo, the laws are  in place for a reason. At the risk of sounding preachy, one shouldn't get high or drunk while driving just because you can get away with it. Risk to others is pretty high. 

Also, if Bradham was using for medical conditions, do it in the comfort of your home or other location where he could get the intended benefit while staying within applicable laws.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Imo, the laws are  in place for a reason. At the risk of sounding preachy, one shouldn't get high or drunk while driving just because you can get away with it. Risk to others is pretty high. 

Also, if Bradham was using for medical conditions, do it in the comfort of your home or other location where he could get the intended benefit while staying within applicable laws.

I don’t disagree. I personally do not drive high and only drive after a few drinks occasionally. Luckily my wife barely drinks and is often my designated driver. I Uber if we both plan on drinking a bunch. 

my point was more the “don’t break 2 laws at the same time” concept. I certainly don’t condone impaired driving.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The new NFLPA agreement is you receive $46,000 per credited season.  Previously it was $22,000 per credited season.

Bradham played 9 seasons so I would say he's receiving roughly $300,000-$350,000 a year on his pension. 

Geez, a $300k/yr pension and a lifetime earnings of over $20M. How's a guy supposed to live on that?

• Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, The Dean said:

Your points are excellent. Just one thing. A medical card (just the card) is about $75 in Florida. But you also have to see your med marijuana doctor twice a year. For me that's about $500/year BEFORE buying any product. Still a drop in the bucket for Nigel, one would think.

Funny thing, Bill. I basically don't use THC at all during the day. My pain is worse at night, so that's my usual time and I'm normally home at night. But my doctor wants me to use it all day!  Low dose, of course, but still a bit of THC.  For the record, my doctor used to be the head of anesthesiology for Shand's (University of Florida) in Gainesville for years. Before that he was a pharmacist. Very well respected as a doctor. Some clowns here just pass out licenses to whomever and do little else. An appointment with my guy is a real doctor appointment. 

And I never drive stoned or drunk anymore. I haven't in years. I may have a small bit of THC in my system, or have one or two drinks (over the course of an hour or two), but never near the legal limit. In fact, on Sunday I was supposed to go watch the game with friends, but I didn't feel like I should drive. I woke up feeling stoned after 8 hours of sleep. Turns out I mistakenly took a double dose before going to sleep and it was still in my system. So I stayed home.

I don't know much about thc. What I DO know is that even when I was a kid, edibles such as weed or hash brownies were VERY strong to the point of making one unable to drive. I am also told that today, weed is at the very least twice as strong as it was decades ago. A woman who is a personal friend of mine passed out in Central Park while at a concert just from smoking weed (no alcohol). 

I hope that this explains my reaction.

Ironically, in NY he possibly doesn't get arrested.  The smell of weed alone isn't cause to search now that it's been legalized. Unless the officer see's more than personal use, they have no right to open the trunk or glove box.

Edited by DasNootz

On 11/16/2021 at 9:40 AM, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

Just curious, when buying your ganja, do you just go to the pot shop like they got in Colorado or whatever? Or is it different in FL?

Not quite like Colorodo (from what I've been told) California or Mass. Only medical, so it's tightly controlled. But we do have a few competing dispensaries here. I can order online and have it delivered or pick it up. I can also just go in, and shop right in the store. The issue  has been keeping the products in stock.

On 11/16/2021 at 10:13 AM, buffaloboyinATL said:

🤣 Back in the day, that was always our motto. Car in good working order (no lights out and such), stay within the speed limit, full stop at stop signs, etc. Funny thing is, one of the only things I was ever super organized with was drugs and drug related paraphernalia. Always put the roach clip here, always put the pipe here, etc. That way you can get to it if you need to. Fortunately nothing ever went down.  Don't have to worry about that any more. Can't even believe I used to drive that way. And like your friend, I was a damn good buzzed driver. Still, not something I care to do anymore.

On 11/16/2021 at 10:16 AM, Fan in Chicago said:

Don't sound preachy at all, at least not to me. In Bradham's case, a medical condition has nothing to do with this, IMO.

On 11/16/2021 at 3:18 PM, Bill from NYC said:

I don't know much about thc. What I DO know is that even when I was a kid, edibles such as weed or hash brownies were VERY strong to the point of making one unable to drive. I am also told that today, weed is at the very least twice as strong as it was decades ago. A woman who is a personal friend of mine passed out in Central Park while at a concert just from smoking weed (no alcohol). 

I hope that this explains my reaction.

I understand, Bill. From my first post I can see how you may have thought I was driving around stoned.

Funny thing though, I have concentrates pushing 90% THC. I use that at night for pain or sometimes for sleep. At that level, it's great medically for me. But I rarely get "high" off it. At least, not nearly the same kind of high I get from smoking just a bit of pot that typically has a THC level in the high teens (sometimes breaks 20%).  I never can understand that. Two hits off a joint or pipe and I'm flying. I like that sometime with a cocktail.  But that's for home use.

Edibles are an entirely different beast, for me. I like to take an edible before bed, since it releases over time, it helps keep me asleep and pain free. But I have to be careful to remember what I had before going to bed. Make a mistake and the next day could be tough for me to do anything but hang out and sleep. But lower dosed edibles or vapes are decent for the daytime. A good CBD with a tiny bit of THC which together do a pretty good job with my pain. Before a Bills game, I may take two!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.