Mac Jones attempt to injure Brian Burns?

YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, Captain Hindsight said:

Some teams are just taught differently.

I don't have a problem with lightly grabbing his foot to try to slow him down, thats fine. It was the pull, twist under his body that crossed the line. Mac better be careful

Yep!  100%.

If that had happened to Mac Jones, watch Belichik go ballistic.

Haasan Reddick's comments were spot on.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it was obvious he didn’t have the ball. Could he have been trying to prevent him from getting to the ball, yes. But the play was still dirty. Should be held to same standard as a defensive player caught doing that to a Qb

I dont know the rules on this but even IF he had the ball, are you allowed to twist ankles like that?

4 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Yep!  100%.

If that had happened to Mac Jones, watch Belichik go ballistic.

Haasan Reddick's comments were spot on.

I dont know the rules on this but even IF he had the ball, are you allowed to twist ankles like that?

No, not allowed I don’t think. Not sure. I guess belichick felt it was appropriate in that instance? I would disagree. 

I would love to say it was a "dirty" play but it just wasn't.  Sorry nothing really to see here.  He clearly was holding his foot trying to prevent him from getting to the ball.  There was no intent to injure.  Annoying, bitchy?  Sure.  But dirty? No, he wasn't trying to hurt the guy just hold on for dear life after fumbling the ball. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Sad 1
  • Disagree 5
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

I'm no fan of Mac Jones, Belichick or the Pats, but I don't know that this is a dirty play.  I didn't see the game live, but it looks like Jones was sacked and the ball came out, so he was trying to "tackle" Burns to prevent him from getting to the ball.  He grabbed what he could and held on as long as he could.  Burns is a big, strong, fast guy and that's the only way Jones could get him to the ground.  It's a hold and should certianly be a penalty, but I don't know if Jones is intentionally trying to injure him.  Grab him, yes.  Slow him down, yes.  Prevent him from getting back into the play, yes.  Injure, maybe, maybe not.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, msw2112 said:

I'm no fan of Mac Jones, Belichick or the Pats, but I don't know that this is a dirty play.  I didn't see the game live, but it looks like Jones was sacked and the ball came out, so he was trying to "tackle" Burns to prevent him from getting to the ball.  He grabbed what he could and held on as long as he could.  Burns is a big, strong, fast guy and that's the only way Jones could get him to the ground.  It's a hold and should certianly be a penalty, but I don't know if Jones is intentionally trying to injure him.  Grab him, yes.  Slow him down, yes.  Prevent him from getting back into the play, yes.  Injure, maybe, maybe not.

It should be a tripping penalty. You can't use your leg to kick a guys leg out from under him.

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

You dont twist ankles in the NFL.

Burfict was fined $25,000 for twisting ankles versus of all teams, the Panthers.

44 minutes ago, msw2112 said:

agree completely. I would love for it to be dirty because I hate those guys, but I think Big Mac tried to hold him, and Burns twisted himself in trying to get free and that is why he hurt himself. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, vtnatefootball11 said:

I would love to say it was a "dirty" play but it just wasn't.  Sorry nothing really to see here.  He clearly was holding his foot trying to prevent him from getting to the ball.  There was no intent to injure.  Annoying, bitchy?  Sure.  But dirty? No, he wasn't trying to hurt the guy just hold on for dear life after fumbling the ball. 

He grabbed Burns ankle and then used his own legs to roll him up while twisting the ankle.  There is no way this can be construed as a football play.  You have no right to tackle or hold a guy to prevent him from picking up a loose ball.  Do you think its any coincidence the guy he rolled up and injured had just laid him out?

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wow, check out the last 2 seconds of that take down.  Jones, on his back, was able to spin this 6'5", 250lb man all the way around by the foot?? 

That must be some Bruce Lee **** right there....

If you were getting your ankle snapped you would torque yourself too to try and relieve the pain. That is what Burns was trying to do. 

7 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Whats new....something the pats are involved in gets overhyped and not much logic will ever be applied to it.

12 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

Whats new here. Something the patriots are involved in gets overhyped and not much logic will ever be applied to it.....

Get the papers...get the papers

• Like (+1) 1

Rhule's backpedaling mid-response tells you that nothing will be addressed and the fear of officials outweighs the integrity of the game.

"I'll defend my players... uh that is... if that's okay to do so... please don't fine me or Jerry Hughes us please." Let's move on. 

Explosion Reaction GIF 

Edited by benderbender

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it was obvious he didn’t have the ball. Could he have been trying to prevent him from getting to the ball, yes. But the play was still dirty. Should be held to same standard as a defensive player caught doing that to a Qb

according to Chris Collisworth, gator rolling is an acceptable form of action to take is you are trying to tackle another player.......

• Angry 1

You know one thing I really liked about the Rams game last night...

The officials blew the game (shocking) with that ultra-soft penalty to Donald for "Roughing the Passer".  Immediately on the next play after, one of the Rams players decided to really EARN a roughing the passer penalty.  You just know that's why they did it.  They were mad that any chance at a comeback was nullified by a horribly bad call, and decided that they'd had enough.

If the officials are going to be absolute clown shows on the field, then maybe it's time the players send a league a message and say "fine, we'll police it ourselves."

Same situation here.  If Mac Jones wants to twist ankles and get Handi-Kraft to pay off his fines, then I hope his opponents police his actions for him.

14 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Defend the play.  Why isn't it dirty?

One remove the laundry from the situation.

Has this player EVER in all his years of playing football ever came off as the type to injure another player?

it's already been said, he was just trying to make a tackle or either prevent the player from getting the ball, no ill intent. This happen so quickly especially when you are on the ground, it's easy to think a player either has the ball or is near it.

And he has thrown 6 picks prior to that, again has he acted out in a way to try to injure another player before?

Edited by Ghost_002!

51 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wow, check out the last 2 seconds of that take down.  Jones, on his back, was able to spin this 6'5", 250lb man all the way around by the foot?? 

That must be some Bruce Lee **** right there....

It was obvious that he spun down on his own to protect his knee/ankle from being twisted.  That said, Jones absolutely twisted one of Burns’ legs while he cut out his other.  If a defensive player had done that to a QB, he’d be getting suspended. 

Edited by BarleyNY
  • Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.