Mac Jones attempt to injure Brian Burns?

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Ghost_002! said:

One remove the laundry from the situation.

Has this player EVER in all his years of playing football ever came off as the type to injury a player?

it's already been said, he was just trying to make a tackle or either prevent the player from getting the ball, no ill intent. This happen so quickly especially when you are on the ground, it's easy to think a player either has the ball or is near it.

And he has thrown 6 picks prior to that, again has he acted out in a way to try to injury another player before?

That hes never done it before does not change what he did yesterday.  Preventing another player from getting to a loose ball or tackling a player without the ball is a penalty.  So at best we are starting with his intent was to commit a penalty by tripping Burns.  And in pulling that bull#### move he hurt a guy.  Intentionally or unintentionally, I don't care.  

• Like (+1) 2

I don’t know what was going through Jones’ mind. If it was intentional he’s a dirty player. If there was no fully formed intent to injure it sure looked like reckless indifference to the risk of injury. Either way not good. I’m a little surprised and disappointed. He struck me as a good kid. Player reactions to dirty plays in football always puzzled me. In hockey any dirty player not named Probert usually soon gets his comeuppance. And there is really nothing to compare with a good baseball dustup. In football guys don’t seem to go after the Burficts and Romanowskis. Nobody did anything when that Jets Dline scumbag took out our kicker and essentially ended his career. Just all stood around. Or Gronk on Tre.

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Jesus Christ! What a dumb question. 

How is it a dumb questions? I do not know you, and I am asking you if, it was your team, or another team what would be your reaction? Given most logically thinking people usually given situations the benefit of the doubt first...

And for all accounts Sean McDermott is viewed as a standup guys...so again, if that was a Bills players and & McDermott stuck up for him, your reactions would be what?

50 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

That hes never done it before does not change what he did yesterday.  Preventing another player from getting to a loose ball or tackling a player without the ball is a penalty.  So at best we are starting with his intent was to commit a penalty by tripping Burns.  And in pulling that bull#### move he hurt a guy.  Intentionally or unintentionally, I don't care.  

You have no evidence that he unintentionally try to hurt another player...which for the most part most guys do not want to see another guy get hurt.. All you have is your opinion and your opinion could be as right or wrong as the next person who says he didn't try to hurt him.

It appears to you and of course the losing team after an emotionally game that Mac Jones tried to hurt him...(as the coach is now walking that back) but it could very well be he wasn't trying to hurt him at all. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

16 minutes ago, mattynh said:

That was bizarre.  Not sure the "intent was to injure", rather keep the guy from having a chance at the ball.  Injury happened, I get that....it looks bad, he will probably hear from the NFL.

That is pretty much how i see it. The NFL is investigating but if it doesn't go the way people want it to go, we know what we gonna hear.

Edited by Ghost_002!

1 hour ago, Ghost_002! said:

One remove the laundry from the situation.

Has this player EVER in all his years of playing football ever came off as the type to injure another player?

it's already been said, he was just trying to make a tackle or either prevent the player from getting the ball, no ill intent. This happen so quickly especially when you are on the ground, it's easy to think a player either has the ball or is near it.

And he has thrown 6 picks prior to that, again has he acted out in a way to try to injure another player before?

What relevance is that?  So if he hasn't done it in the past that means he didnt try it here?

How often does a quarterback have a situation where they can injure a defender, very very rare.  Mac jones really turns the ball over, number of such opportunities is highly limited.

16 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

How is it a dumb questions? I do not know you, and I am asking you if, it was your team, or another team what would be your reaction? Given most logically thinking people usually given situations the benefit of the doubt first...

And for all accounts Sean McDermott is viewed as a standup guys...so again, if that was a Bills players and & McDermott stuck up for him, your reactions would be what?

You have no evidence that he unintentionally try to hurt another player...which for the most part most guys do not want to see another guy get hurt.. All you have is your opinion and your opinion could be as right or wrong as the next person who says he didn't try to hurt him.

It appears to you and of course the losing team after an emotionally game that Mac Jones tried to hurt him...(as the coach is now walking that back) but it could very well be he wasn't trying to hurt him at all. 

Let me say it a second time for you, this time slower and louder.  I DON'T CARE IF HE INTENTIONALLY TRIED TO HURT A GUY OR UNINTENTIONALLY HURT A GUY!!

When you a grab a guy by the ankle and then use your legs to wrap up his other ankle and take him down that it is a bull#### play that has no place in football.  Otherwise known as a dirty play.   In this case it happened right after Mac got rocked so it clearly seems retaliatory, since tripping a guy like that is a bull#### thing to do even if you think he might have the ball (doubtful since Mac can see his arms) or think he might get the ball.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Let me say it a second time for you, this time slower and louder.  I DON'T CARE IF HE INTENTIONALLY TRIED TO HURT A GUY OR UNINTENTIONALLY HURT A GUY!!

When you a grab a guy by the ankle and then use your legs to wrap up his other ankle and take him down that it is a bull#### play that has no place in football.  Otherwise known as a dirty play.   In this case it happened right after Mac got rocked so it clearly seems retaliatory, since tripping a guy like that is a bull#### thing to do even if you think he might have the ball (doubtful since Mac can see his arms) or think he might get the ball.

I don't need it said  "slower...."  for me ok. We are having a convo keep your emotions in check. I stated your opinion, since we have no idea of the intent could be no more right or wrong than anyone else that may see different than you. 

10 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

What relevance is that?  So if he hasn't done it in the past that means he didnt try it here?

How often does a quarterback have a situation where they can injure a defender, very very rare.  Mac jones really turns the ball over, number of such opportunities is highly limited.

And it also doesn't mean he did try to hurt him...there are two sides of the coin, right?...People are gonna see it from different sides r....as a fellow poster posted. I don't think he intended to hurt him, but it does look bad. I agree. 

Edited by Ghost_002!

12 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

I don't it said "slower...."  for me ok. We are having a convo keep your emotions in check. I stated your opinion since we have no idea of the intent could be no more right or wrong than anyone else that may see different than you. 

And it also doesn't mean he didn't try to hurt him...there are two sides of the coin right...of course people are gonna see it from different sides right....as a fellow poster posted. I don't think he intended to hurt him, but i does look bad. I agree. 

Intent?  Is that a criteria?

So how do refs ever call a personal foul, we dont have mind control detectors.  Funny, they sure like to call taunting a lot which is almost dependent upon "intent".

"11-3-3 | Modifies enforcement of accepted penalties on Try attempts. ... malice on the part of the fouling player or an intention to injure an opponent."

Edited by RoyBatty is alive
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

Intent?  Is that a criteria?

So how do refs ever call a personal foul, we dont have mind control detectors.  Funny, they sure like to call taunting a lot which is almost dependent upon "intent".

When matters reach the league offices "intent" is very much looked at...for first, sec and third offenders. In most of Vontaze Burfict cases, intent was looked at and even used as language to fine or suspend him.

seeing the video from every angle, i think mike reiss has a good one. It looks bad and I won't be surprised if he does get a fine....but as i implied before, people are gonna run with this a little more if little to nothing happens to him.

Edited by Ghost_002!

Just now, Ghost_002! said:

When matters reach the league offices "intent" is very much looked at...for first, sec and third offenders. In most of Vontaze Burfict cases, intent was looked at and even used as language to fine or suspend him.

I am just going to repeat myself then.

You just wrote we dont know Mac Jones intent.  We NEVER know of someone's intent since we cant crawl in their mind.  Therefore as you said, it "does look bad".  Therefore a judgement call.  Aren't refs there to make players safe, isn't that there prime goal?  So if it "looks bad" then they should throw the flag.  

21 minutes ago, Ghost_002! said:

I don't need it said  "slower...."  for me ok. We are having a convo keep your emotions in check. I stated your opinion, since we have no idea of the intent could be no more right or wrong than anyone else that may see different than you. 

And it also doesn't mean he did try to hurt him...there are two sides of the coin, right?...People are gonna see it from different sides r....as a fellow poster posted. I don't think he intended to hurt him, but it does look bad. I agree. 

For the 3rd and last time, I do NOT care if he intended to hurt anyone.  Fact remains, he committed a dirty play and hurt someone.  

Go hide behind differences of opinion after failing to articulate anything that could be considered an argument.  

2 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

He grabbed Burns ankle and then used his own legs to roll him up while twisting the ankle.  There is no way this can be construed as a football play.  You have no right to tackle or hold a guy to prevent him from picking up a loose ball.  Do you think its any coincidence the guy he rolled up and injured had just laid him out?

Lmao you haven’t seen many Pats games have you? That wasn’t anywhere near the hardest hit he has received so far. I’d say that would go to Dallas which he got hit so hard I think he lost fillings!

1 hour ago, Jauronimo said:

Technically he didn’t leave the game then. He was injured in the next quarter.. the coach isn’t sure where the injury happened though.. 

21 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I am just going to repeat myself then.

You just wrote we dont know Mac Jones intent.  We NEVER know of someone's intent since we cant crawl in their mind.  Therefore as you said, it "does look bad".  Therefore a judgement call.  Aren't refs there to make players safe, isn't that there prime goal?  So if it "looks bad" then they should throw the flag.  

So....the league don't look over plays and situations after games...after the refs on the field make or not make a call? And repeating myself......the league when matters escalate to them, very much do "look at intent" see Vontaze Burfict. 

going back to the refs on the field...they did not make a call for whatever their reasons were, and one of the reason could be they didn't think a flag needed to be drawn...*not saying that was what they were thinking, just saying*. And the league has stepped in and is looking into the matter, after the game was over....

Edited by Ghost_002!

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Lmao you haven’t seen many Pats games have you? That wasn’t anywhere near the hardest hit he has received so far. I’d say that would go to Dallas which he got hit so hard I think he lost fillings!

Technically he didn’t leave the game then. He was injured in the next quarter.. the coach isn’t sure where the injury happened though.. 

I don't care if thats the hardest or second hardest hit he took that game.  What is your point?

Oh, well I guess its a clean play then.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

For the 3rd and last time, I do NOT care if he intended to hurt anyone.  Fact remains, he committed a dirty play and hurt someone.  

Go hide behind differences of opinion after failing to articulate anything that could be considered an argument.  

You are not going to agree with anything a patriots fans has to say(from some of your other post at times you don't even agree with your fellow bills posters)..so i am taken this whole post with a grain of salt. I can tell you cannot stand when someone has a different view point than your own. ha ha Must suck to be mad, huh?

Edited by Ghost_002!

1 minute ago, Ghost_002! said:

You are not going to agree with anything a patriots fans has to say..so i am taken this whole post with a grain of salt. I can tell you cannot stand when someone has a different view point than your own. ha ha Must suck to be mad, huh?

You can "taken" my post with a few more tide pods for all I care.  Embarrassing yourself publicly and then insisting others must be mad is an interesting strategy. 

If I had to choose, I'd take temporarily mad over permanently slow 10/10 times.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

You can "taken" my post with a few more tide pods for all I care.  Embarrassing yourself publicly and then insisting others must be mad is an interesting strategy. 

If I had to choose, I'd take temporarily mad over permanently slow 10/10 times.  

Yes i am "taken" what you already posted. ha ha yes i am "embarrassing myself" on a message board where plenty of people make outlandish, nonsensical takes and grammatical errors up and down this whole site.....yea, i am reeeeaaaalllly worried about how i am viewed on the internet (sarcasm). Got it! 

Edited by Ghost_002!

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Whats going to happen is Reddick will get fined for speaking out.  Im glad he spoke out though.  More players should and coaches too.  I understand they get fined like 15 grand or whatever but these guys make millions.  Some times its worth it to just to the right thing and speak the truth.

• Like (+1) 1

So you are already a millionaire. And you're playing a sport. You're not digging mines or being blown apart. It's a nice sunny day. Blue sky. You're experiencing some success. Let's go cripple someone. Let's really go for it. Perhaps he will be hobbled the rest of his life, well into old age. Rich freaks may have won for a decade. But what they lost in that is someone could nuke all of Boston, and I would just shrug now.

5 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

I don't care if thats the hardest or second hardest hit he took that game.  What is your point?

Oh, well I guess its a clean play then.  

It was clean because the defender twisted himself to get away.. it should have been called for holding but it wasn’t a dirty play.

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, Ghost_002! said:

It's okay to admit when your team is wrong. I know we don't think that way these days, in so many phases of life, but it's okay to admit when your team is wrong.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

It was clean because the defender twisted himself to get away.. it should have been called for holding but it wasn’t a dirty play.

How is grabbing a guys ankle and wrapping up his other ankle with both of your legs while you roll him up for a takedown a clean play?    Whatever you want to call that scissor kick, tripping, rolling bull####, it has no place in football and there is nothing clean about it.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

I can tell you are being completely objective. Literally everyone is saying it was dirty except for some pats fans. Typical. You have blinders on.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

You dont twist ankles in the NFL.

Burfict was fined $25,000 for twisting ankles versus of all teams, the Panthers.

Singletary did something similar after one of the interceptions vs Jax. And there was no question who had the ball.

I hate those leg twists after a tackle - it should result in a penalty IMO.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

How is grabbing a guys ankle and wrapping up his other ankle with both of your legs while you roll him up for a takedown a clean play?    Whatever you want to call that scissor kick, tripping, rolling bull####, it has no place in football and there is nothing clean about it.  

Only to Cheaters fans and/or apologists was that anything but a clear intent to injure.  Yeah, Burns just tripped on air. :lol:

And this is why I still hate the Patriots and Belichick. Everyone has told me "you're jealous of their greatness" and I always respond with "no, I've always hated them under Belichick because they are dirty, arrogant, pieces of sh*t and have clearly had preferential treatment by the league over the years". I hate them so much

Edited by Buffalo03

17 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Whats going to happen is Reddick will get fined for speaking out.  Im glad he spoke out though.  More players should and coaches too.  I understand they get fined like 15 grand or whatever but these guys make millions.  Some times its worth it to just to the right thing and speak the truth.

I would be mad, fwiw, if Reddick was fined.  What he said was 100% valid and defensive players deserve the same treatment as do offensive players.

• Agree 1

31 minutes ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I would be mad, fwiw, if Reddick was fined.  What he said was 100% valid and defensive players deserve the same treatment as do offensive players.

They will both be fined because NFL doesn’t like anyone speaking out.. and I bet his ends up being higher as well. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.