Aaron Rodgers out with Covid, now back but has Covid toe. No, Broken Toe.

Big Blitz

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think that might be one of the points people are making - that if there are violations that are occurring right in front of the league, like unvaccinated players doing pressers unmasked - if the league is turning a blind eye to it until there's a problem, then saying "oh, well, it's the club's responsibility to enforce", that's pretty damned lame

Well... is it a violation to do pressers unmasked if you're unvaccinated?  If it is, there's been incredibly negligence on the league's part.

15 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

I can’t see them rescheduling unless Covid let’s rip through one of the franchises. They certainly won’t for a missing QB.

As I said before, every franchise will become cautious after Rodgers’ positive test and potentially breaking protocol - I expect to see masks being worn again but the unvaccinated so the biggest clue towards Josh’s status, for example, will probably be that.

6 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I don't think they'd consider it much at all. Too much coordination already goes into the Super Bowl. It'd be a mess.

You're probably right. I guess it would depend on if there were a lot of players positive.

28 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

I don't know, but I've seen a lot of these player interviews and most of them are not wearing a mask anyways. Although I don't know if they all are vaxed or not. But I can't really recall seeing an interview where a player was masked. Or at least I haven't noticed anyway

Yes, if as Breer said it's a violation to not wear a mask for a presser inside the facility, then either some of these outspoken players have casually backed their freight into a vaccination station with one upper arm exposed and joined the vaccination train without saying a word about it - or the league has been doing a Sgt Schultz ("I see nothing...nothing" - anyone else remember that show?) which is lame AF.

28 minutes ago, Sheneneh Jenkins said:

You don't think they would move to following Sunday if a star player like that caught covid?  I mean they did it last season for regular games. A SB game that you'd want as competitive as possible and a star player everyone wants to see gets sick, Yeah I think it could be considered

No I don't.  There's way too much coordination that goes into running a Superbowl.  There's all the league Honors events, there's the Halftime Show - that team would just be SOL.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, Mango said:

What is the context of this text message? Who is it between/from? 

It's supposed to be a statement from the NFL

2 hours ago, Mango said:

Good for the league to push this off to the Packers, I guess. But does the league not keep track of who is vaccinated and who is not? Did they have no idea that Rodgers was not vaccinated and was not following league rules? 

From a 1000 foot view the “well it’s the team responsibility” answer makes sense….unless you spend 8 Mississippi’s thinking about it. Then it doesn’t make any sense. 

I think there are a number of scenarios in how this all plays out. I am curious how it all unfolds in terms of punishment from the league or lack there of. 

I can not disagree

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, george c said:

So, “if” Allen is un vaxxed, how would we feel about him if this scenario happened to us during a potential Super Bowl? 

A decade ago I woulda been pissed.  Now...

........There's a reason my screen name is "Hapless Bills Fan"

Who am I kidding, I'd be pissed AF

27 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Well... is it a violation to do pressers unmasked if you're unvaccinated?  If it is, there's been incredibly negligence on the league's part.

According to Breer, Yes.

Unless perhaps the presser is outside or held via Zoom

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

I don't think they'd consider it much at all. Too much coordination already goes into the Super Bowl. It'd be a mess.

There’s less than zero chance. They’d make the team sign Street free agents before postponing the super bowl 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Scott7975 said:

Wow the Chiefs lucked into that one.  

edit wait:  I don't really want to go through this thread as I am late to it.  Can Rodgers play or not or undetermined?

What makes you think the Chiefs are lucky? Did you see the game Monday night vs. the NYG?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Yet they fined Dirty and Beasley back in August because of it.  I don't think they aren't paying attention because of how much animosity this causes for the league.

I thought they were fined for some other more serious infraction, not just not wearing a mask.

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not that I'm in any way condoning this but could argue, technically Rogers didn't lie his statement was “Yeah, I’ve been immunized,”  He could easily argue that in his mind based on information he received he was immunized.  And who is to say which doctor is more knowledgeable than another, he followed a doctors advise that he believes in.  I mean there's a doctor that claims you'll become magnetized once you receive the vaccine.  I'm sure he realizes it's not by the leagues definition but if lying to the press got a player or coach fined or suspended, there'd be no games played anymore.

Having said that, it is another thing if he broke the rules for un vaxxed players which he can't argue didn't apply to him.

Do wonder if the league amended the rules maybe not formally but as long as you're more than 10 feet from anyone interviewing you, you don't need to wear a mask??

Do agree something here isn't adding up.  Could see the Packers not wanting to get into another confrontation with Rodgers, not going after him too hard on following all the rules to the exact letter of the law.   But have to believe the league would step in and go after the team and seems like almost all the teams in the league are guilty.

18 minutes ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Well I think we've seen pics of Josh flying with the team right? Can't say Ive seen any of Bease, but not sure we would anyways.

Is Bease (and others) really taking separate flights to all the away games?

I'm pretty sure  that's not correct. 

I'm pretty sure these rules were in an original proposal, but were revised so that unvaccinated players did not have to travel separately (which would pose a logistical challenge for the teams and potentially result in higher chance of exposure).  Unvaccinated players are supposed to be masked on the plane.

11 hours ago, The Wiz said:

Yet they fined Dirty and Beasley back in August because of it.  I don't think they aren't paying attention because of how much animosity this causes for the league.

Agreed.

And if they had not posted the letters on Social Media would we have known?

We have no idea what was said about this afterwards and we do not know if Bease and Rodgers have been fined for their actions up to this point.

We do know that when things like this happen and become visible - the NFL reacts and more things happen - so this is going to have repercussions for other players.

Rodgers is an idiot.  Not on the Beasley magnitude, but one nonetheless.  The vaccine is about not just protecting you, but all those around.  The fact that he "twisted" the truth, actually lied, says much about his character.

Hope the Bills and all NFL teams take this seriously.

• Like (+1) 9
  • Vomit 5
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 3

17 hours ago, BBills_88 said:

The NFL is going to give the Chiefs  every chance to get into the playoffs. 

17 hours ago, BassToMouth said:

Without question. If the chiefs ***** the bed they’ll go with plan B for this year which is Mac Jones 

Bull manure.   The NFL has had its rules in place since the preseason.  Rodgers chose not to get vaccinated and instead used some kind of "alternative" that obviously wasn't effective.  It's not any kind of conspiracy on the part of the NFL but simply arrogant stupidity on Rodgers' part.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

16 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I get there is a delta between the 2 but their D is good.  Chiefs D is bad.  Love will have Adams and Jones to depend on.  They will be just fine. 

Wait, are those good players on the Packers offense?  But Aaron Rodgers complains that the team doesn't give him any weapons and cut standout receivers like Jake Kumerow...I'm so confused.

11 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I'm pretty sure  that's not correct. 

I'm pretty sure these rules were in an original proposal, but were revised so that unvaccinated players did not have to travel separately (which would pose a logistical challenge for the teams and potentially result in higher chance of exposure).  Unvaccinated players are supposed to be masked on the plane.

After some more digging, I think you are correct.

1 hour ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Always interesting to see reactions to posts.  Someone vomited to my post above and really am interested to know exactly what I wrote that would provoke that sentiment.

Rodgers did not take COVID-19 or the NFLPA/NFL's rules seriously.😡

1.  Rodgers is more of an idiot than Beasley.  

• Like (+1) 1

Always interesting to see reactions to posts.  Someone vomited to my post above and really am interested to know exactly what I wrote that would provoke that sentiment.

Was it really necessary to bring up and denigrate Beasley in that post, that to me is worth a "vomit"?  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

It was probably bringing in Beasley's name just to take a crack at him.  

You're entitled to your personal opinions about a player.  He's entitled to his choice about the vaccine.

Given that the guy deleted his twitter and is trying to move on from the opinion-warbling that probably sparked your view, it seemed gratuitous.

31 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

1.  Rodgers is more of an idiot than Beasley. 

Asking nicely here: can we not make this Yet Another Thread about Beasley, please?

Especially the guy is a Baller and he went hard for us last Sunday, absent further controversy from him, how about put some respect on that? 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Not that I'm in any way condoning this but could argue, technically Rogers didn't lie his statement was “Yeah, I’ve been immunized,”  He could easily argue that in his mind based on information he received he was immunized.  And who is to say which doctor is more knowledgeable than another, he followed a doctors advise that he believes in.

Yeah, No.  Not buying this.  He's entitled to seek out treatments he believes in from doctors he trusts. 

But when it comes to being vaccinated, the NFL/NFLPA agreement was VERY SPECIFIC about what they are referring to as vaccination.  Two shots of Pfizer or Moderna.  One shot of J&J.  One shot of Pfizer or Moderna with a positive Covid PCR test within a certain time frame or antibody tests showing a certain level of antibodies (numerically specified).   Not even other Covid vaccines approved for use elsewhere.

Then they have rules, one set if you're vaccinated according to that definition, one set of you're not.  Agree, disagree, those are the rules.

It had to be clear to him that when the media was asking if he was vaccinated, they were using the word as defined by the NFL/NFLPA agreement, so at very best, Rodgers answer was deceptive. 

No, we all don't get to re-define words in our minds according to what they mean to us; effective communication requires that people define words the same way.

Having said that, it is another thing if he broke the rules for un vaxxed players which he can't argue didn't apply to him.

Do wonder if the league amended the rules maybe not formally but as long as you're more than 10 feet from anyone interviewing you, you don't need to wear a mask??

Breer says no, the mask rules apply to the interview room.  And apparently the Packers know this as they were arranging for other players to be interviewed by zoom.

Do agree something here isn't adding up.  Could see the Packers not wanting to get into another confrontation with Rodgers, not going after him too hard on following all the rules to the exact letter of the law.   But have to believe the league would step in and go after the team and seems like almost all the teams in the league are guilty.

That last may be true, and then we get into the League's position of "enforcement is left to the clubs - Oh, until and unless we don't like your interpretation/enforcement", which I think is weak.

Agree with you about the Packers wanting to tread lightly and not confront Rodgers.  And, if he hadn't tested positive, no one would know.

But let's not make it as though it wasn't very clear what the rules were.  "Exact letter of the law" implies to me some minor bureaucratic detail wasn't followed.  These things go to the heart of the matter: are you vaccinated according to a very clear definition we laid out, or are you not?

2 hours ago, Billsfan1972 said:

I gave you the eye roll, specifically for using the term idiot. You can make a point without tossing insults at people you

A) don’t even know and

B) don’t agree with 

Part of the reason things can’t be discussed and not just here is because people feel the need to escalate things and result to name calling. You can disagree with people and also show a little respect. 
(side note that I agree with some of what you said) 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I gave you the eye roll, specifically for using the term idiot. You can make a point without tossing insults at people you

A) don’t even know and

B) don’t agree with 

Part of the reason things can’t be discussed and not just here is because people feel the need to escalate things and result to name calling. You can disagree with people and also show a little respect. 
(side note that I agree with some of what you said) 

The fact is that he brought a specific argument, Rodgers pretended he was vaxed thus getting people around him in danger (because they believed he was vaxed and he was not).

Idiot is this case is too kind of a word and no, this has very little to do with individual "pro vax" or "no vax" ideas.

1 minute ago, PaoloBillsFanFromItaly said:

The fact is that he brought a specific argument, Rodgers pretended he was vaxed thus getting people around him in danger (because they believed he was vaxed and he was not).

Idiot is this case is too kind of a word and no, this has very little to do with individual "pro vax" or "no vax" ideas.

And the reasoning for tossing Beasley in the mix? 

Just now, PaoloBillsFanFromItaly said:

Ask him, I'm not his lawyer...😀

Then why quote me to defend the use of the term idiot? I went as far as saying I agreed with part of the argument against Rodgers. All valid points. The poster wanted to know why he received negative reactions, I gave my reasoning. 

3 hours ago, SoTier said:

Bull manure.   The NFL has had its rules in place since the preseason.  Rodgers chose not to get vaccinated and instead used some kind of "alternative" that obviously wasn't effective.  It's not any kind of conspiracy on the part of the NFL but simply arrogant stupidity on Rodgers' part.

FACT: People that are vaccinated are still getting COVID. 

I was making light of the NFL and how they will help the Chiefs make the playoffs. 

19 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Rodgers should have spent less time on grooming his new redneck haircut, and more time getting vaccinated.

What an idiot.

I think he is a drama queen but man, is he fun to watch as a QB! Its a shame that the Packers org have settled for "good enough" for team building. With that quality of QB, they should have won at least one more SB 

25 minutes ago, PaoloBillsFanFromItaly said:

Someone said that Rodgers was following the unvaxxed rules within the facility (albeit not in interviews, but we see other players around the league we believe to be unvaxxed maskless in interviews, so need clarity there).

So I'm personally going to reserve judgement on how much Rodgers was breaking the rules until the facts come out (novel notion, I know)

Did he lie or at best, answer deceptively when asked if he was vaccinated by reporters, Yes.

I will say it will totally rot my socks if our little I-mac and Bease got socked for $14k clams by the NFL for leaving off their mask  in the facility but it comes out Rodgers has been playing a "big star, don't bother me" card to avoid this.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yeah, No.  Not buying this.  He's entitled to seek out treatments he believes in from doctors he trusts. 

But when it comes to being vaccinated, the NFL/NFLPA agreement was VERY SPECIFIC about what they are referring to as vaccination.  Two shots of Pfizer or Moderna.  One shot of J&J.  One shot of Pfizer or Moderna with a positive Covid PCR test within a certain time frame or antibody tests showing a certain level of antibodies (numerically specified).   Not even other Covid vaccines approved for use elsewhere.

Then they have rules, one set if you're vaccinated according to that definition, one set of you're not.  Agree, disagree, those are the rules.

It had to be clear to him that when the media was asking if he was vaccinated, they were using the word as defined by the NFL/NFLPA agreement, so at very best, Rodgers answer was deceptive. 

No, we all don't get to re-define words in our minds according to what they mean to us; effective communication requires that people define words the same way.

Breer says no, the mask rules apply to the interview room.  And apparently the Packers know this as they were arranging for other players to be interviewed by zoom.

That last may be true, and then we get into the League's position of "enforcement is left to the clubs - Oh, until and unless we don't like your interpretation/enforcement", which I think is weak.

Agree with you about the Packers wanting to tread lightly and not confront Rodgers.  And, if he hadn't tested positive, no one would know.

But let's not make it as though it wasn't very clear what the rules were.  "Exact letter of the law" implies to me some minor bureaucratic detail wasn't followed.  These things go to the heart of the matter: are you vaccinated according to a very clear definition we laid out, or are you not?

Certainly in court of public opinion he's guilty of lying, but legally he didn't lie if he believes or even if he doesn't really truly believe it will keep him from getting Covid.  That was my point, technically he did didn't lie.

In this thread, there were people stating he should be suspended, my response was if players and coaches were suspended for not being completely honest with the press, there'd be no players and coaches left.

The other question that is still puzzling is how/why is Beasley doing these un masked interviews??  Could it be for all his screaming and yelling about this he's also lying just like Rodgers in that he actually has been vaccinated?  But he's just such a strong believer in person freedoms that he's on this rant??  He wouldn't be the first to do this, but maybe the loudest!

22 hours ago, Buffalo619 said:

Why would someone ask an inappropriate and private question like that? That would be reason for termination. 

because it is very relevant now for QB's as Aaron Rogers just tested positive.

Edited by cba fan

10 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Certainly in court of public opinion he's guilty of lying, but legally he didn't lie if he believes or even if he doesn't really truly believe it will keep him from getting Covid.  That was my point, technically he did didn't lie.

In this thread, there were people stating he should be suspended, my response was if players and coaches were suspended for not being completely honest with the press, there'd be no players and coaches left.

The other question that is still puzzling is how/why is Beasley doing these un masked interviews??  Could it be for all his screaming and yelling about this he's also lying just like Rodgers in that he actually has been vaccinated?  But he's just such a strong believer in person freedoms that he's on this rant??  He wouldn't be the first to do this, but maybe the loudest!

Not gonna opine (publicly) on Rodgers, because I'm sure my view is tainted by my belief that he's one of the biggest douchebags walking the planet.

But I will say that I am shocked (and pleased) that Beasley has been able to keep himself off of social media to chime in on this situation/support Rodgers.  I hope that mute button has been superglued down for the rest of the season.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I think that might be one of the points people are making - that if there are violations that are occurring right in front of the league, like unvaccinated players doing pressers unmasked - if the league is turning a blind eye to it until there's a problem, then saying "oh, well, it's the club's responsibility to enforce", that's pretty damned lame especially after they fined Beasley and 'lil Dirty in pre-season.

agreed. Especially considering they dissect video of every game and fine players for having the wrong gear on, or socks not up properly......etc etc.........

• Like (+1) 1