Aaron Rodgers out with Covid, now back but has Covid toe. No, Broken Toe.

Big Blitz

11 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

Aaron is right, you know. 

How about you address some of the questions you've been asked?

What is Aaron right about - that it's cool to lie (or at best, be deceptive) when asked a direct question (with a specific well defined meaning to your employer and union) by the press?

That's "right" in your book, for a guy where press interactions are part of his job?

That it's cool to violate your employer's rules, if that's what he's done?  That's "right" in your book?

Be specific, let us in on your reasoning, don't just keep chirping out "right" and "woke" and "cancel culture" like a parrot.  Explain how that actually applies to this situation.  What is right?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I think in this case the NFL is crickets because they are still investigating. This goes all the way back to camp that they have to look at. It’s not a one or two incident thing. It may take some time. 

However if this ends up being a star status thing and no fine. I will be pissed. 

Should the NFL even say anything publicly about his poke status?  I don't think you or I should or need to hear anything about his health care.

7 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I think in this case the NFL is crickets because they are still investigating. This goes all the way back to camp that they have to look at. It’s not a one or two incident thing. It may take some time. 

However if this ends up being a star status thing and no fine. I will be pissed. 

I agree on all counts.  The NFL should take time and do a thorough and fair investigation.

I suppose I'm a bit "preemptively pissed" in assuming there will be a "star status" effect.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

Should the NFL even say anything publicly about his poke status?  I don't think you or I should or need to hear anything about his health care.

No, his health care isn't the question.  The question is whether he's followed the NFL protocols relevant to his poke status, whatever it is.

If they're gonna fine my boi 'lil Dirty $14k of his hard earned $$ or our man Beasley just for not wearing a mask for 5 minutes inside the facility when they shoulda, I want to feel assured that the same standards and rules are applied to Rodgers.

They don't got to tell me about it, they just got to do it.

That's where I am, You?

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Pokebball said:

I’m not talking about his health care. I’m talking about being fined for breaking protocol. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No, his health care isn't the question.  The question is whether he's followed the NFL protocols relevant to his poke status, whatever it is.

If they're gonna fine my boi 'lil Dirty $14k of his hard earned $$ or our man Beasley just for not wearing a mask for 5 minutes inside the facility when they shoulda, I want to feel assured that the same standards and rules are applied to Rodgers.

That's where I am, You?

That's exactly where I am.  Because the issue involves somebodies healthcare status/choices, I think the fines need to be between the NFL and the clubs, and not made public.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That's where I am, You?

You should expect to be disappointed. We know the NFL doesn't treat all players equally.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Agree 1

38 minutes ago, appoo said:

Do you also begrudgingly agree with him put his teammates and coworkers - any of whom can be at risk vaxxed or unvaxed - by lying and then proceeding to ignore safety protocols?

On this, I'm gonna wait until it's investigated that he actually put his teammates and co-workers at risk.  He claims he followed protocols inside the facility except for pressers. 

Course, since his prior actions demonstrate he thinks it's chill to lie to the press, who knows? Could be lying there too.

1 minute ago, Pokebball said:

That's exactly where I am.  Because the issue involves somebodies healthcare status/choices, I think the fines need to be between the NFL and the clubs, and not made public.

They've previously been made public, but in general, I agree with you there.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

I’m sorry. I just don’t agree with your position. I’m not going to argue with a “mod” over something so black and white. We have differing opinions.  If you don’t agree please stop responding to my posts (like I do with yours). Thanks Hap. 

Maybe you meant to say "...over something so grey."

10 minutes ago, Buffalo619 said:

I’m sorry. I just don’t agree with your position. I’m not going to argue with a “mod” over something so black and white. We have differing opinions.  If you don’t agree please stop responding to my posts (like I do with yours). Thanks Hap. 

I'm sorry, but if you're still posting the same viewpoint over and over in this thread, every member of this forum (including mods) has a right to reply, and you should not expect other people to alter their behavior to accomodate your preferences, while you keep on keeping on.

Control what YOU can control

I say it's black and white: this is not about some kind of "cancel culture" or "mob rule", this is about Rodgers lying to the press (when he had the right to withhold the information, as Josh Allen and others have done).

You want to be believed otherwise, make a case for it, including your explanation for why other players known to be unvaccinated like Cousins, or who have refused to say, like Allen, or who are unvaccinated and went on the Covid list like Lazard, do not appear to have any "mob" after them.

You say "Aaron is right", explain.

What is Aaron right about - that it's cool to lie (or at best, be deceptive) when asked a direct question with a specific well defined meaning by the press?  That's "right" in your book, for a guy where press interactions are part of his job?

That it's cool to violate your employer's rules, if that's what he's done?  That's "right" in your book?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Making himself out to now be a martyr is what bothers me, when he did not have the gonads to actually state his beliefs at the time of the PC in late August—now today claiming that, “if there’d been a follow up question” I would have  provided all of this additional contextual information about my beliefs is bogus, imho. You lied, got called out, and now have 3 pages of lawyer-speak notes to bring after the fact…all of the rest is immaterial at this point. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 5

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Aaron is still lying. He went to Halloween party with over 3 team members present. He made adds and media(State Farm) which was prohibited per protocols union agreed to. Taking unapproved for covid horse dewormer is not immunized. So he lied about that.

It is a pandemic of the unvaxxed so he lied about that too. And very very likely he could not know he is allergic to anything in those vaccines, because he and others keep saying "we don't know what is in them"

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I don't mean to be a  p i e here, but if you're sick of hearing about it why are you in a thread that has a subject line clearly indicating its topic?

The topic is Rodgers and Covid....not woke and cancel culture

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BuffBillsForLife said:

Crazy to think that a top 10 all time QB could be talking himself out of the league after flouting the COVID protocols.  Green Bay is desperately hoping that Love looks good enough that they can justify sitting Rodgers going forward.

The Packers need Love to look good. Rodgers has been trying to destroy his Packers career for years. This is really just the icing on cake from a football prospective. 

2 minutes ago, cba fan said:

Aaron is still lying. He went to Halloween party with over 3 team members present. He made adds and media(State Farm) which was prohibited per protocols union agreed to.

It is a pandemic of the unvaxxed so he lied about that too. And very very likely he could not know he is allergic to anything in those vaccines, because he and others keep saying "we don't know what is in them"

I agree with you almost 100%. The only caveat I’d point out is it is within the realm of possibility he was tell ing truth about the allergy thing - there are ingredients like PEG in the mRNA vaccines that can cause reactions. 

However - given the other outright lies and deceptions he’s told surrounding this, I would not be surprised if the allergy excuse was a lie as well.

• Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, nucci said:

The topic is Rodgers and Covid....not woke and cancel culture

well yeah, and Rodgers is the one talking about woke mobs and cancel culture out to get him, so it’s at least tangentially related to the topic, wouldn’t you say?

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Making himself out to now be a martyr is what bothers me, when he did not have the gonads to actually state his beliefs at the time of the PC in late August—now today claiming that, “if there’d been a follow up question” I would have  provided all of this additional contextual information about my beliefs is bogus, imho. You lied, got called out, and now have 3 pages of lawyer-speak notes to bring after the fact…all of the rest is immaterial at this point. 

he did the classic lie and evade tactic criminals use in interrogation. And helps law enforcement to be alerted about not credible testimony.

they lie then quickly go on and on about details of the issue at hand that was never asked for.

Edited by cba fan
  • Like (+1) 2

One thing for sure, the Green Bay Packers know Aaron Rogers vaccination status.  If he didn't follow protocol, they would be well aware of it.

The woke mob is real, and probably the reason he was deceptive in his answer.  That doesn't make it right, but reporters shouldn't be asking the question in the first place.  Its kind of a hard thing to keep private about when your asked in public, with cameras rolling.  

2 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

One thing for sure, the Green Bay Packers know Aaron Rogers vaccination status.  If he didn't follow protocol, they would be well aware of it.

The woke mob is real, and probably the reason he was deceptive in his answer.  That doesn't make it right, but reporters shouldn't be asking the question in the first place.  Its kind of a hard thing to keep private about when your asked in public, with cameras rolling.  

Allen provided a perfectly acceptable answer when asked about his vaccination status in public, with cameras rolling. Has JA been attacked/cancelled since then?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Brueggs said:

I think that’s where people are a bit confused though. I’m not stating my beliefs or opinions, but I’m not sure if NFL players should have an expectation of privacy. There are countless scenarios that can happen which gives away ones vaccination status. If you feel the question shouldn’t be asked by the media, I understand that, but I don’t think a player should assume they’ll be able to keep it private. 

2 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Allen provided a perfectly acceptable answer when asked about his vaccination status in public, with cameras rolling. Has JA been attacked/cancelled since then?

He's been asked again but doesn't talk about it. The best advice ever is don't talk about it. Rodgers knows that but he wanted the outrage. He knows exactly what he's doing. 

• Agree 3

27 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Why?

This I had not heard of, I was understanding that he was outted by someone.  My understanding is that there is no difference between vaccinate or unvaccinated when you get confirmed COVID.  What is the difference?  IF there is a difference, what is the culpability of the NFL itself if they knew that he was not vaccinated then?  

The protocols were linked and explained up thread, with a link. 

Basically an unvaccinated player is out for 10 days once they test positive (unless they are symptomatic). 

A vaccinated player need only be symptom-free and have two negative tests 24 hrs apart to return to the facility/play. 

So when Rodgers was declared "out" so early in the week, it was a "tell" that he was considered unvaccinated.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This is all ridiculous as the NFL and the Packers are missing a golden opportunity.

They should petition him to be able to play.  He can wear a mask.  Since social distancing will be in effect no one will be able to get within six feet of him, so sacks are out.  He can run everything out of the shotgun and do pitches for running plays.

The huddle is a little bit of an issue, but still, they can make it work if he just steps back a bit and isn't very loud.  They can give him the plays right into his helmet from the sidelines.

Where others see only obstacles I see opportunity.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Haha (+1) 5

1 minute ago, wjag said:

IMO.  Aaron Rodgers exited the MVP race this week.  Voters will/can forget the week 1 blemish/debacle. But this will tarnish his image and standing.   

There’s so many good players, missing a week or two can actually be a pretty big deal too. 

Edited by SirAndrew

4 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

We all remember literally the same thing happened with Isaiah Mckenzie right? 

McKenzie himself told us he was fined for not masking up as he entered the practice facility, in same thread Beasly was whining about the same. So he showed everyone he was unvaxxed.

Then he got vaxxed and tweeted that out too.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The protocols were linked and explained up thread, with a link. 

Basically an unvaccinated player is out for 10 days once they test positive (unless they are symptomatic). 

A vaccinated player need only be symptom-free and have two negative tests 24 hrs apart to return to the facility/play. 

So when Rodgers was declared "out" so early in the week, it was a "tell" that he was considered unvaccinated.

Ok fair enough but what about the NFLs (and/or GBs) culpability then? Wouldn’t they have needed a vaccine card to prove? 

4 minutes ago, cba fan said:

McKenzie himself told us he was fined for not masking up as he entered the practice facility, in same thread Beasly was whining about the same. So he showed everyone he was unvaxxed.

Then he got vaxxed and tweeted that out too.

He told everyone he was vaccinated also but wasn't. He got vaccinated after getting caught and fined by the NFL for breaking protocols. The precedent has already been set.

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, HamSandwhich said:

Ok fair enough but what about the NFLs (and/or GBs) culpability then? Wouldn’t they have needed a vaccine card to prove? 

NFL advised Aaron he would be treated as unvaxxed.

NFL now says enforcement of protocols was up to the clubs and they are investigating Packers/Rodgers.

pretty slippery of them considering they dissect game vids and fine players for uniform violations.

2 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He told everyone he was vaccinated also but wasn't. He got vaccinated after getting caught and fined by the NFL for breaking protocols. The president has already been set.

Yes.  Biden since about January.

dude, forgive me.  I am not one of those grammar or typo losers.  I just couldn't help myself.  

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

True, and Rogers should have had a readily crafted answer given the current climate, but he didn't.  Google JA and his status.  The fist thing that pops up is "For Buffalo Bills, covid 19 issues keep threatening to take down the team".  So yes, Allen handled it better, but there was some fall out.  With so much happening, all of these stories are short lived.

1 minute ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

He told everyone he was vaccinated also but wasn't. He got vaccinated after getting caught and fined by the NFL for breaking protocols. The president has already been set.

wasn't it that he wasn't fully through the full 2 week process or something?

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

i have no memory, evidence, proof, or read or seen anything that McKenzie ever lied about his vax status.

Just now, Brueggs said:

True, and Rogers should have had a readily crafted answer given the current climate, but he didn't.  Google JA and his status.  The fist thing that pops up is "For Buffalo Bills, covid 19 issues keep threatening to take down the team".  So yes, Allen handled it better, but there was some fall out.  With so much happening, all of these stories are short lived.

Pretty sure that was not about Allen.🤷‍♂️