Anyone remember pizza subs?

PromoTheRobot

If you had $2 you could go to the Avenue Pizza on Paderewski and get a pepperoni pizza sub. Sauce, mozz and pepperoni on a 12" split sub roll, baked in the oven and wrapped in foil.  I've never seen them outside of Buffalo. Is that another Buffalo food thing?

• Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If you had $2 you could go to the Avenue Pizza on Paderewski and get a pepperoni pizza sub. Sauce, mozz and pepperoni on a 12" split sub roll, baked in the oven and wrapped in foil.  I've never seen them outside of Buffalo. Is that another Buffalo food thing?

Avenue Pizza sponsored my little league team! I grew up in Kenmore so Mike's Subs was/is my go to place.

40 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

$2.00 in 1976 is: $9.64 in 2021

A whole pizza sub is $5.95 today [$1.23 in 1976] @ Roz's. 1/2 pizza will set you back: $3.95 [$0.82 in 1976]

Signed,

KillJoyInIllinois

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

https://www.usinflationcalculator.com/

$2.00 in 1976 is: $9.64 in 2021

A whole pizza sub is $5.95 today [$1.23 in 1976] @ Roz's. 1/2 pizza will set you back: $3.95 [$0.82 in 1976]

Signed,

KillJoyInIllinois

Maybe it was a buck. I can't remember that far back.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yeah! 

But really... The profit margins on pizza subs have to be awesome.   Roll, dab of sauce, little cheese and few slices of pepperoni.   BAM! 6 BUCKS today!

Yea but the price of mozzarella and margarita pep is triple what it was a few years ago 

And 99% buy costanza rolls which aren't cheap

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Guffalo said:

I used to work at Mikes Subs in Kenmore, they were such a simple sub to make although initially we just used the microwave, then microwave to melt, toaster oven to finish the crispy sub.

Delaware Avenue, correct?

I was an Art's Hoagie Hut customer, mostly due to working right across the street. And subs and hoagies unequalled to this day.  I don't recall a pizza sub on his menu, but there might have been.

39 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

What's in the A-Bomb Sub?  Used to get John & Mary's when I worked nearby but thinking it might be time to make a trip out that way soon

Call them, I'm sure they'll tell you: 716 836-7093, this is the Cheektowaga location.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Delaware Avenue, correct?

I was an Art's Hoagie Hut customer, mostly due to working right across the street. And subs and hoagies unequalled to this day.  I don't recall a pizza sub on his menu, but there might have been.

Yep, Mike's in on Delaware Ave. 

13 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I looked at the small local sub shop in the small town I grew up, they do have a pizza sub, this is part of the page from their menu...

212565343_207997741331809_4812436699576740308_n.jpg

Ditch the vegetables and it's a meal.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.