Anyone remember pizza subs?

PromoTheRobot

On 10/27/2021 at 12:43 PM, Johnny Hammersticks said:

I probably ate 50 of these from the Oswego Sub Shop during grad school.

Never had their pizza sub but seven years of drunken cheeseburger and chicken cutlet subs (undergrad and grad).  The best.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 11/2/2021 at 2:18 AM, Doc Brown said:

Never had their pizza sub but seven years of drunken cheeseburger and chicken cutlet subs (undergrad and grad).  The best.

Their cheeseburger sub was my fav.  Their red pepper relish makes Italian combo subs unreal tasty.  I could bathe in that stuff.  Gotta get back there sometime.  Rudy’s too 🤤 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/27/2021 at 1:34 PM, thenorthremembers said:

Pizza Subs were for sure a thing in Orleans County growing up.  That said, you can order them at Subway so not that big of a secret.

Apparently it is a secret.

Does Subway still make pizza subs?

While Subway does not officially include the Pizza Sub on its regular menu anymore, it is still available on their secret menu. You can still order a submarine sandwich which contains pepperoni, tomato sauce and cheese.

But I doubt it come out the same as it does from a REAL pizza oven. Toasted and crispy, not just melted.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

On 10/26/2021 at 8:57 PM, PromoTheRobot said:

If you had $2 you could go to the Avenue Pizza on Paderewski and get a pepperoni pizza sub. Sauce, mozz and pepperoni on a 12" split sub roll, baked in the oven and wrapped in foil.  I've never seen them outside of Buffalo. Is that another Buffalo food thing?

There was a place near by UB when I was in college which used to toast split sub rolls with garlic on it, toast the rolls, and add sauce, mozz cheese and your choice of toppings baking it in oven.  When I had money I'd get one to eat and one to go.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.