Should Bills trade for Miles Sanders?

Niagara Dude

Would you give up 3rd or maybe a 4th for RB Miles Sanders who Philly is looking to trade before the deadline?  5"11 & 210 lbs and ran a 4.4 forty at his pro day before draft.  

He can make explosive plays both running and passing game especially off of screens.  He is signed at around 1.4 million this season and 1.7 million next and is only 24 years old.  While Moss & Singletary have had some decent moments,  neither offers consistent explosive plays that Beane talked about what was missing after last season.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Man the fantasy players and old timers are obsessed with runnin' bax..........this is the 3rd thread on the front page discussing trading for Miles Sanders. :doh:

My bad,  good to know others are thinking about it,  yes we need RB help.  Beane said so himself after last season,  

Just now, Rico said:

Miles Sanders from Penn State? NO.

Yes and Terry loves those Penn State boys.  LOL!

6 minutes ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Interesting. I believe he has played guard as well. 

Robinson could be to expensive,  good player though

5 minutes ago, Allen2Diggs said:

We're better off trading for a top-end guard to improve the run game

Top guards cost top money and Bills only have about 4-5 million in cap space

• Sad 1

23 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

Would be a slight upgrade. Unsure if that's the best move we could make, but it's definitely not the worst move. 

Would really help our screen game which neither Moss or Singletary seem to excel at. His salary is only 1.4 million,  that is not going to require trading someone out.

Edited by Niagara Dude
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Niagara Dude said:

Would you give up 3rd or maybe a 4th for RB Miles Sanders who Philly is looking to trade before the deadline?  5"11 & 210 lbs and ran a 4.4 forty at his pro day before draft.  

He can make explosive plays both running and passing game especially off of screens.  He is signed at around 1.4 million this season and 1.7 million next and is only 24 years old.  While Moss & Singletary have had some decent moments,  neither offers consistent explosive plays that Beane talked about what was missing after last season.  

Hell Yes!!

27 minutes ago, buffalochips said:

Not sure why Motor is considered dog meat by this board and team. He also averages 5 yards a carry and has over 300 yards on 60 carries. He could have probably leaped over the line for the win last week but hey shotgun qb runs from the two are better???

Its the same people who wanted Knox cut. A name gets thrown out and everyone piles on pounding the table for that player. This time its Miles Sanders and now that he's carted off the field, focus will probably shift to that Jaguars OG and people will be pounding the table for him.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Your Brown Eye said:

Its the same people who wanted Knox cut. A name gets thrown out and everyone piles on pounding the table for that player. This time its Miles Sanders and now that he's carted off the field, focus will probably shift to that Jaguars OG and people will be pounding the table for him.

Nope, you forgot Mack in Indy.. He’s next on the hit list

2 hours ago, Sugar High JA17 said:

Miles Davis once said...“Don't play what's there; play what's not there.”

Actually, the Miles Davis quote is: ‘it’s not about the notes you play; it’s the notes you don’t play”.  One of my favorites. 
I’d rather hear BB King’s limited repertoire of 5 licks played to perfection than the 14-year-old ‘virtuoso’ at Guitar Center who can shred a mile a minute but has no soul. 

• Agree 1

54 minutes ago, motorj said:

I feel like any addition to the offense will mess with the offensive flow with josh allen right now. Will they be able to pass block well and be on the same page as josh this season?

Yeah O line takes time for players to jell together.  So not so sure a trade is going to help a whole lot there unless it's a really top level player.

2 hours ago, buffalochips said:

Not sure why Motor is considered dog meat by this board and team. He also averages 5 yards a carry and has over 300 yards on 60 carries. He could have probably leaped over the line for the win last week but hey shotgun qb runs from the two are better???

I think it's becoming obvious that ypc is a bit inflated when you take into account the chunk runs we get when there are 7 DBs on the field. 

I don't hate motor.  I think he's a solid backup.  Same Moss.  Borderline starters on a playoff team....but they can't take over a game and they don't scare defenses at all.  

Edited by Big Blitz

We already got a Sanders…, 

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.