Anybody Have Oddball Food and/or Condiment Pairings?

Irv

9 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

I'm sure I'm not alone in this. I get my wings wet and dip my pizza, mozzarella sticks and even potato skins in the extra hot sauce....

One of these days I'll try it on scrambled eggs.

I put Frank's Red Hot on scrambled eggs and home fries. In fact, I'll put Frank's on almost anything.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Agree 1

28 minutes ago, DD4Bills said:

Well I live in the Chicago area, so people go nuts when I put ketchup on my hot dog...but I'm just gonna keep being me.

I also would dip my pizza in ranch dressing way before it became cool.

Ketchup is my favorite condiment.

Love it on hot dogs, scrambled eggs, french fries, hamburgers, yes even steak.

The oddball thing is that I never refrigerate ketchup. Always keep at room temperature.

20 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Ketchup is my favorite condiment.

Love it on hot dogs, scrambled eggs, french fries, hamburgers, yes even steak.

The oddball thing is that I never refrigerate ketchup. Always keep at room temperature.

That really isn't unusual.  My 7 year old niece eats ketchup on everything too.

22 hours ago, qwksilver said:

One of these days I'll try it on scrambled eggs.

That's my go to when I'm having a hotel buffet breakfast, and the eggs are the bland heat and eat type.  

As for my weird mixture, when I was younger I would put ketchup on mashed potatoes.  I don't anymore, because now it sounds disgusting, but back then I loved it. 

On 10/22/2021 at 9:57 AM, BuffaloBill said:

You people should keep your weird sexual practices to yourselves. :sick: 

there is some kinky mouth feeding practices being discussed up in here lol Love it!

..mine seems so tame...smoked oysters munster cheese ritz cracker EAT

its not too strange but dang it tastes so good!!

On 10/22/2021 at 11:27 AM, LewPort71 said:

everyone goes EWWW,

but I  like  a PB and Mayo sandwich.

As a kid I was at a friends house and his mom asked what I’d like for lunch. I said a mayo and jelly sandwich, but I’m sure I wanted a PBJ. She called my mom, who said “give it to him”. (She’s not a BAD person, just has a sick sense of humor.) The mayo and jelly sandwich phase of my life had begun! It lasted a while.

I later graduated to cheddar cheese, pickles and yellow mustard.  It’s funny, I can still taste them as I type this. I’ll resist the urge to reenact those culinary experiences. 

• Haha (+1) 2

One of my most favorite sandwiches is bologna, cheese, ketchup and potato chips.

When I was young, my mom would make meatloaf, mashed potatoes and Spanish rice.  I would mix them all together and top with A-1 Sauce.

I like to dip my grilled cheese sandwiches in ketchup.

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/23/2021 at 5:36 PM, WhoTom said:

Maybe not so oddball: cheese and crackers, with Sweet Hot Mister Mustard spread on the crackers.

Good stuff for sure... can't get Webers here so that's the one we use.

Bleu cheese & Sriracha. 

Just squeeze in to taste and you're golden!

I shouldn't have said anything... Now watch it hit mainstream and I lose out on a million dollars!

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

One of my most favorite sandwiches is bologna, cheese, ketchup and potato chips.

When I was young, my mom would make meatloaf, mashed potatoes and Spanish rice.  I would mix them all together and top with A-1 Sauce.

I like to dip my grilled cheese sandwiches in ketchup.

Substitute BBQ sauce too.  Open Pit.  Don't get too cute with fancy BBQ sauce. LoL... I am a "gravy guy!" 😉 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 10/23/2021 at 4:50 PM, Augie said:

As a kid I was at a friends house and his mom asked what I’d like for lunch. I said a mayo and jelly sandwich, but I’m sure I wanted a PBJ. She called my mom, who said “give it to him”. (She’s not a BAD person, just has a sick sense of humor.) The mayo and jelly sandwich phase of my life had begun! It lasted a while.

I later graduated to cheddar cheese, pickles and yellow mustard.  It’s funny, I can still taste them as I type this. I’ll resist the urge to reenact those culinary experiences. 

Well, if we're going back to childhood, I used to eat baloney and jelly sandwiches. In college I'd sometimes make fried baloney sandwiches (with cheese, but no jelly), because baloney was a cheap source of meat. Today, I wouldn't eat anything with baloney in it.

My wife said I was weird because I put ketchup on my fish sticks yet I grew up with it and almost most people I know do the same. I also like creamy (Marie's) bleu cheese on my french fries which I don't know many other people that do it but to me it's similar to poutine without the gravy. 

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Sounds awesome! Melted pepper jack?

It melts if the hot dog comes right off the grill, or in my case, the broiler. Sahlens and Zweigles turn out awesome in the broiler. The slice of cheese lines the bun. Hot dog goes on top, then topped with bruschetta.

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.