Week 5: Bills at Chiefs on SNF

YoloinOhio

71% of wagers are for KC right now.

You can take that one of two ways:

1) A large percentage of the betting public thinks the Chiefs are better and will win by at least a field goal.

2) Vegas doesn’t like to lose 71% of its bets and they’re comfortable taking that many because they think the Bills will pull it off.

3 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Hopefully get through practice today and is cleared.

Great depth at that position, not to diminish AJs value to the team, but still confident in Efe / Boogie stepping up if needed.

I really want to see and expect Boogie to play Sunday Night. I could be totally wrong, but i think he is a gamer. Not to mention Boogie being drafted was a direct response to how poor the pass rush looked against KC. 

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

1) A large percentage of the betting public thinks the Chiefs are better and will win by at least a field goal.

2) Vegas doesn’t like to lose 71% of its bets and they’re comfortable taking that many because they think the Bills will pull it off.

Yea, Vegas usually starts to get a handle on things after the first 4 games. The money to be won is earlier than later in a season from what I have seen over the years. This is really true in CFB. Having said that, I do not gamble and would never touch a Bills game

A few thoughts:

- Hope we get Milano back healthy for this game somehow, but if he can't go, I feel more comfortable with our LB depth than I did last year. No one can fully replace what Milano does, but Klein is more comfortable in this defense and is playing at a higher level than in early 2020 plus Dodson and Smith have looked capable at this level in their limited opportunities.

- Love the comments from Sanders about already being mentally prepared for the KC secondary's aggressiveness. Think the Bills looked surprised by it and didn't know how to react to it last season, but now they know what to expect and will hopefully counter effectively. 

- Would be awesome if this could be the Gabe Davis breakout game of the 2021 season. He has a different skill set to our other weapons and hopefully he's finally healthy and can win his match ups (this week he might see a lot of Mike Hughes and I like our chances there) more often going forward. This offense could be really special with Diggs, Sanders, Beasley, Davis, and Knox all healthy and in good form.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

I guess Star's monster push up the middle right at the QB was "coverage."  It's called teamwork actually.

We’re talking about Boogie’s individual performance here. Don’t be a jerk

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Quick someone bet $5000 on the Chiefs.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I feel like this could use some context 

Chiefs:

1496464852_sigh-of-relief.gif

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Einstein said:

Not sure what book you're looking at but everywhere I go majority of handle is on Bills.

16 hours ago, Process said:

Looking at schedules, I think the Bills are still the favorite for the 1 seed with a loss to KC.

I can't remember the Bills having an easier schedule in my lifetime.

Can you remember the last time the Bills had such a good team in your lifetime?

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

Not sure what book you're looking at but everywhere I go majority of handle is on Bills.

Not really sure how this betting and Vegas stuff works but if all the money was on KC wouldn't the Bills get more points to try and swing the bets?

6 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

Can you remember the last time the Bills had such a good team in your lifetime?

Doesn't change the fact regarding the schedule lol. Nice combo... Elite team plus cupcake schedule. Bills might be setting some records this year.

39 minutes ago, Process said:

Doesn't change the fact regarding the schedule lol. Nice combo... Elite team plus cupcake schedule. Bills might be setting some records this year.

I know what you mean.

I just wonder if fans here would share the same sentiment about the schedule, if we were in the drought years.

2 hours ago, Einstein said:

I'd lean towards #1 for the simple fact that I've mentioned already, motivation.

Yes you would think the Bills should be more motivated for many reasons but this reminds me a lot of the AFC Championship when even most the national media pundits and talking heads said the Bills were the better, hotter team and would win. The Chiefs specifically noted that after the game and how they wanted to send a message and their defense played their best game of the year when they were essentially not very good most of the year.

This is why I see deja vu all over again even though you can argue the Chiefs defense this year doesn't have the capability to play anywhere close to what they did in the AFCCG even if they finally show up on Sunday and make Allen play a bad game again. But Andy Reid knows McD and his defense and could care less about our current standings, they will be very agressive and go for the kill shots early in the game.

Long story short, the Bills need to play their best game of the season in all 3 phases to even have a chance to win this game or stay in it late.

1 hour ago, Bangarang said:

We’re talking about Boogie’s individual performance here. Don’t be a jerk

Step off, pal.  You are just as much of jerk as I am.  Go back and read your stuff, you just think you sound cool.   And then get out of my face.

Edited by Apocalypse Nuts
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.