Matt Milano #hammywatch - update - officially off the injury report

YoloinOhio

43 minutes ago, wppete said:

I think Milano will play on Sundays but not goin g to lie, AJ Klein has been playing well this year when he’s been out there. 

Me too. May be limited reps with AJ taking some of them. He is running around working with trainers now. As long as he doesn't have a setback during the week, he'll be fine.

• Like (+1) 1

Unless they are being ultra cautious, Milano not practicing again today would indicate he's probably out this week against the Chiefs.

But at the end of the day if we do win this game it will be more about Allen and the offense and I think Klein is capable and certainly a better pass rusher which helps.

1 hour ago, FilthyBeast said:

Unless they are being ultra cautious, Milano not practicing again today would indicate he's probably out this week against the Chiefs.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic, but I'd like to think if he's limited tomorrow, he could (should?) play Sunday albeit w/ a limited snap count.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

But at the end of the day if we do win this game it will be more about Allen and the offense and I think Klein is capable and certainly a better pass rusher which helps.

Generally, two DNPs Wed-Thursday mean out Sunday. 

• Agree 2

Hamstring injuries tend to take time to heal and if it was bad enough to take him out of the game, I would expect it would take at least a couple weeks to fully heal. It's a long season and hammy injuries can easily become more severe if a player is rushed back on the field. No practice for Milano today likely means he won't suit up on Sunday unless he has a miraculous recovery. 

I think Andre Smith and Klein will split reps with Edmunds covering Kelce for the majority of the game. We also need Taron Johnson back to have a chance at keeping the Chiefs' offense in check.

Edited by Allen2Diggs

Honestly, I would rather see Milano rest up and come back 100% for the stretch run, rather than reinjure himself and be hobbled for most of the season. 

We all want this game, but it's still just a week 5 game in October. Last year, the Saints beat the Bucs twice, fairly handily each time.

Nobody really cares, because the Bucs beat them in the playoffs in the game that really mattered and went on to win the Super Bowl. 

I'm not saying this game doesn't matter, because it IS huge and exciting, but these teams will likely meet again in January. I want a 100% Milano in those games. 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is the same account who knew about Spencer brown starting 

Not shocking, especially if they just use him on 3rd/4th down situations which is what truly matters against an offense like KC.

If he does play and we get a win in KC, I'd be totally fine shutting him down for the Titans game and letting him sit through the bye week to presumably be ready for the stretch run and healthy.

Just now, NickelCity said:

Not sure I agree with that. 

People are making this game more than it actually is.

I think this game has a personal element to it that people really want to win.

Yeah, the chefs are a team that record could matter when all is said and done, but frankly I would much rather have Milano for as many games as possible at full capacity than for this game specifically.

• Agree 5

Kinda weird, last season I thought we should sit Milano for the Rams game since it wasn't as critical a game and it would give him time to heal—the overwhelming response here was that every game is important and he should play if there was any chance he could go. No sitting and resting.

Seems the opposite this year. Huge game with playoff seeding implications, but now people think he should rest?

Why were people less concerned last year about keeping Milano healthy for the long term?

56 minutes ago, Rubes said:

Kinda weird, last season I thought we should sit Milano for the Rams game since it wasn't as critical a game and it would give him time to heal—the overwhelming response here was that every game is important and he should play if there was any chance he could go. No sitting and resting.

Seems the opposite this year. Huge game with playoff seeding implications, but now people think he should rest?

Why were people less concerned last year about keeping Milano healthy for the long term?

we are an emotional mess as fans. and our Bills #newfoundtrendingupsuccess has been weird to process for many of us

I blames the covid thing for anything last year

And Milano will know if he can play

Love to see more great plays from Klein and that red haired beast from ST.

Trust the process. just do it.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

They’ve been using poyer on TEs mostly 

Brown going from limited to full and Rousseau going from DNP to full is good news.

Positive that both Dane Jackson and Taron Johnson are listed as "full"

I don't like Poyer and Tre White still being "limited"

Epenesa looks like an addition to the injury report as "limited"

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, DrDare said:

Dress him

Play him in limited or more role until he pulls his hammy again

This game is more important than healing fully

I hope that's sarcasm

16 minutes ago, Dr.Sack said:

I expect Neal or Johnson to play in place of Milano in certain sets. With more run heavy personnel I expect Tyler. Milano should be a game day decision and play in a limited role if he dresses, that way we keep KC guessing. 

Why would you expect that, Johnson is the nickel corner and almost always on the field as the nickel corner.

If Milano can't go say hello to Klein

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Why would you expect that, Johnson is the nickel corner and almost always on the field as the nickel corner.

If Milano can't go say hello to Klein

Whereupon Klein will say a quick hello (and goodbye) to Kelce.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Rubes said:

Maybe because we're not undefeated at this point like last year? I mean realistically that game mattered even less since it was an NFC opponent.

I like the idea of healthy combination of Klein, Dodson, and/or Smith rather than a gimpy Milano who is risking more serious injury, still early in the season.

I trust McDermott and Frazier will be able to alternate between those 3 situationally to fill in for Milano sufficiently. Plus Edmunds will have to step up in coverage vs Kelce and earn that extension.

• Like (+1) 2

This is exactly why someone should have been drafted to replace Milano, something a lot of people said before he re-signed in Buffalo.

The guy continues to constantly get hurt.  Now we can go all year with an excuse for him, even when he comes back in 2 or so weeks.  Another terrible contract, they starting to add up.

Rinse and repeat every year with Milano.  It's comical at this point, like Will Fuller being out again.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 1

12 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Not shocking, especially if they just use him on 3rd/4th down situations which is what truly matters against an offense like KC.

If he does play and we get a win in KC, I'd be totally fine shutting him down for the Titans game and letting him sit through the bye week to presumably be ready for the stretch run and healthy.

Milano in a "roll."  Sounds like an Italian sandwich.

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Rubes said:

Whereupon Klein will say a quick hello (and goodbye) to Kelce.

I doubt they have Klein covering Kelce.

At least, I hope they've learned their lesson that they have to rework the D slightly when Klein is playing and not just try to plug Klein in for Milano in "next man up" fashion.  They seemed to as last season went on.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.