10/3/21 Gameday Bills vs Texans Pregame Thread

*Houston, we have a problem..*

One problem is keeping pace with the team names. Dallas Texans became the Kansas City Chiefs. The Houston Oilers became the Tennessee Oilers, who morphed into the Titans after the New York Titans became the Jets. Then Houston re-emerged and took the old Dallas team name. If you can keep that straight, you know we’ve had a checkered past with all of them.

This current incarnation cheap shot Josh Allen after he threw a pass, knocking him out for 5 weeks in ‘18. Then, with great assistance by bogus penalties, mixed in with a couple WTF plays, they came from way behind to topple us in OT in the ‘19 playoffs.  They’ve completely self-destructed since then with absurd ownership moves and the masseuse. Gone are All Pros DHop & JJ. They’re a wounded animal now and that can be dangerous. Thankfully, all ‘Any given Sunday’ jargon still has them way under-manned today. Realistically, only ‘Ma Nature’ can be an equalizer this afternoon. And dontcha know, she intends to be! Expect a monsoon during the game. Too bad it’s not a grass field like the Rockpile, where you couldn’t tell the jerseys from the mud by the 3rd qtr.. (Great Times!) I like our chances anyway with a revamped dedication to running the ball, crafty RBs, willing and effective WRs blocking and RoboQB at the helm. Felicino being out hurts as he’s better in the run game at Center, but Ford has shined in run blocking. We’ll miss Poyer’s PUNCH as well.

We ain’t foolin’ witcha Mother Nature, but we askeert.

This game finishes the cupcake part of the early schedule. The opposition greatly improves for a while and October means Football! 

*Houston, YOU have a problem!*

Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 3

• Chandler#81 locked, pinned and unlocked this topic
1 hour ago, Doc Brown said:

I could buy two $25 tickets in the 200 level right now mostly because of the threat of rain.  Building a new open air stadium is a fantastic idea.

That's odd, seeing how the 200 sections are mostly covered. And you do realize it also rains where the other 25 open air stadiums are? Domes suck!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, Cantankeous said:

Little something to get y’all hyped!

https://fb.watch/8pldp44_w1/

i have had some sadness occur in my life this past week.  Not ashamed to admit tears were shed.

Honestly, this mad me feel a little bit better.

Thank you, ‘Tank.

4 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Playing in rain will be a factor.   Which team handles it better will is very important.  

Bills have better team but this is the NFL so you have to win o the field. 

Bills - 27

Texans - 13 

Bob, I know it is an extra billion dollars, I know I am not necessarily for it, and I know it changes game day.

But in all truthfulness, I think in the long run it will be a sizable mistake on the fortunes of this franchise not to have a domed stadium for such a period of time that will extend past the end of my life. 

This is the one and only opportunity to turn this team into a warm weather city.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Bob, I know it is an extra billion dollars, I know I am not necessarily for it, and I know it changes game day.

But in all truthfulness, I think in the long run it will be a sizable mistake on the fortunes of this franchise not to have a domed stadium for such a period of time that will extend past the end of my life. 

This is the one and only opportunity to turn this team into a warm weather city.

Dome stadium in Buffalo?   I never thought I would see it, but it could happen.  It may be the future.  

I don’t see being a warm weather city as an advantage.  Plenty of great franchises play outdoors, some past some still in the present. 

Indoors or outside, I think 60,000 seats and lots of corporate boxes/suites is the wrong mix.  We need 70,000+ with more seats for the average Joe Buffalo fan.  That is who we are.  

Would love a retractable roof but funding is a problem.  

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Dome stadium in Buffalo?   I never thought I would see it, but it could happen.  It may be the future.  

I don’t see being a warm weather city as an advantage.  Plenty of great franchises play outdoors, some past some still in the present. 

Indoors or outside, I think 60,000 seats and lots of corporate boxes/suites is the wrong mix.  We need 70,000+ with more seats for the average Joe Buffalo fan.  That is who we are.  

The #1 reason for shrinking seats in stadiums are rowdy (stupid) fans. The days of 70-80,000 fannys in the seats are over.

Sadly.😢🤨

• Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Agree 110% man. 70,000 for the true maniacs 

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Bob in STL said:

Just read an article that said smaller stadiums are the future. Can’t find it thus no link.

50 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

i have had some sadness occur in my life this past week.  Not ashamed to admit tears were shed.

Honestly, this mad me feel a little bit better.

Thank you, ‘Tank.

Doesn’t matter how many/what kind of stadiums you build, you can’t change a team into a city, and you can’t change Buffalo into a warm weather city with a new stadium, either.

Buffalo is not San Diego.  We still kicked their asses the only two times we’ve won a championship.

Edited by Rhode Island Red
  • Eyeroll 1

17 minutes ago, chris heff said:

Just read an article that said smaller stadiums are the future. Can’t find it thus no link.

I think other than cowboys stadium, it’s looking like most newer stadiums are at around 60,000ish or so. That allows lots of room for the money making luxury boxes.

I am really hoping they build a stadium similar to Lucas Oil in Indy. Fully retractable roof. This will give the Bills a great advantage too— they can eye the weather and decide what they want to do heading into a bad weather game. To me, keeping out rain and gusting wind is important. Snow and cold is totally fine. 

35 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

The #1 reason for shrinking seats in stadiums are rowdy (stupid) fans. The days of 70-80,000 fannys in the seats are over.

Sadly.😢🤨

Honestly would love to see a smaller 50,000 to 55,000 seat stadium...built with the same mind frame Seattle built theirs to keep noise in. 55,000 of our fans in a stadium like that would sound like 150,000 anywhere else.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

26 minutes ago, Rhode Island Red said:

Doesn’t matter how many/what kind of stadiums you build, you can’t change a team into a city, and you can’t change Buffalo into a warm weather city with a new stadium, either.

Buffalo is not San Diego.  We still kicked their asses the only two times we’ve won a championship.

San Diego is a beautiful city, my favorite West Coast spot. 

• Agree 1

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Honestly I feel like Frazier dodged a bullet there. I think the Texans were looking for a "rebound coach" to help set a decent baseline after the idiocy of BOB. My gut says Culley was hired to be 1 or 2 and done before they get their real coach.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

I think other than cowboys stadium, it’s looking like most newer stadiums are at around 60,000ish or so. That allows lots of room for the money making luxury boxes.

I am really hoping they build a stadium similar to Lucas Oil in Indy. Fully retractable roof. This will give the Bills a great advantage too— they can eye the weather and decide what they want to do heading into a bad weather game. To me, keeping out rain and gusting wind is important. Snow and cold is totally fine. 

I agree with you, but don’t think it will happen.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Htt2821 said:

San Diego is a beautiful city, my favorite West Coast spot. 

Probably not my favorite to visit.  I'd put it behind Seattle, Portland, San Fran and Napa Valley.

But if I were to move to the west coast, it would be SD or Santa Rosa.