10/3/21 Gameday Bills vs Texans Pregame Thread

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My impression was that Williams kinda sucked at guard with the Panthers and that Brown isn’t really ready but, have not been impressed with Ford at RG so ……..

Wasn't Williams playing LG coming off if a horrible injury? 

It will be interesting to see how he does if he does indeed get the start at RG.

Just now, Motorin' said:

It will be interesting to see how he does if he does indeed get the start at RG.

Yes, you are correct. Plus, it was a different blocking scheme.

1 minute ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Boogie is active!!  Got my Boogie songs cued up for the first time this season!!

I've got 5 bucks that says Boogie knocks Mills out of the game. 10 bucks says it's a 15 yard personal foul. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

My impression was that Williams kinda sucked at guard with the Panthers and that Brown isn’t really ready but, have not been impressed with Ford at RG so ……..

Williams at guard has certainly failed in the past. Brown seems to be a quick learner. Seems like every week he's made a jump. Will be interesting today, that's for sure.

Edit: saw good context about injury and scheme wrt Williams' previous stint at guard. I wasn't aware, but it's a good point.

Edited by NickelCity

2 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Williams at guard has certainly failed in the past. Brown seems to be a quick learner. Seems like every week he's made a jump. Will be interesting today, that's for sure.

Can he possibly be as bad as Ford?

Just now, NickelCity said:

Last week was wild lol. I think he'll be significantly better tbh.

Last week showed how important it is for Josh to be able to roll to his right.

Which makes me question if it may be even more important to have a dominate and athletic freak at RT for Josh than a LT.

5 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Edit: saw good context about injury and scheme wrt Williams' previous stint at guard. I wasn't aware, but it's a good point.

Fair point on Williams

with regard to Brown, that’s a lot of assessment on 4, 7, and 10 snaps in 3 games, some of which were as an extra OLman.

An additional Q is, who is the backup swing tackle?  Bates?  Ford?

12 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

They played him at LT and both guard spots I believe. All with bad results if I remember correctly. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Fair point on Williams

with regard to Brown, that’s a lot of assessment on 4, 7, and 10 snaps in 3 games, some of which were as an extra OLman.

An additional Q is, who is the backup swing tackle?  Bates?  Ford?

I'd think/hope Bates.