9/19//21 Week 2 Bills @ Miami Postgame Thread

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

It's the o line.  Too much pressure on Josh.  He's not comfortable.  You can see it.

Agreed

When Daboll stopped trying to push for longer-developing chunks in the 2nd half, Allen looked much more comfortable

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Epenesa looked like a DPOY candidate. If the pass rush keeps it up we can keep up with any team in the league. If the 2020 offense comes back we will be Super Bowl favorites.

Last week I predicted AJ Eppy pen would be the shot our pass rush needed.  So far so good.  Plenty of good, young guys along the D front right now.  If Beaner can draft us a big guy in the middle, were set for years.  

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Solid road win! It’s hard to say our Offense is still not in sync with a score like this, but our Defense was spectacular and worthy of a road Division shutout! It appears we escaped serious injury as well and re-established ourselves as the Kings of the East. 

Thoughts?

I like our defense, alot. Offense showed some balance...they will get in better synch. It's coming together.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Vomit 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

Doomers in shambles

I call them the revisionists.  "At this point" supposedly shelters them from any future liability.  Saw one today saying theyd rather have Brissett over at Allen "at this point".  At what point do these people just admit they are WRONG!

pass rush A+  (more plz)

Edmunds D  (not an Edmunds hater btw)

Punter D   (hes far too slow)

offensive line C  (still offensive)

Allen C    (bad mechanics,  poor throws)

running game  B-  (did enough, up the gut long tds are rare,  goal line was ok, Moss had to really earn those tds )

overall Defense  B+  (keep at it D,  looks like we need it this year)

overall Offense  C+  (not flashy,  problems are still evident)

ST  B  (did their jobs, punter scares me)

its a win,  doesnt feel like a good blowout win tho.   on to next week,  go Bills!!

Edited by bigduke6
  • Vomit 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 3

1 minute ago, bigduke6 said:

pass rush A+  (more plz)

running game  B-  (did enough, up the gut long tds are rare,  goal line was ok, Moss had to really earn those tds )

Defense pitches a shutout....B+?

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

pass rush A+  (more plz)

its a win,  doesnt feel like a good blowout win tho.   on to next week,  go Bills!!

How does the defense pitch a shutout and get a B+? 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If you're not legitimately concerned about Allen then you haven't been watching the last two games.  Our defense has been great though.

I have watched the games ….and I am not legitimately concerned. He has proven what he is capable of….pretty sure he has not lost that.

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If you're not legitimately concerned about Allen then you haven't been watching the last two games.  Our defense has been great though.

I have watched the games ….and I am not legitimately concerned. He has proven what he is capable of….pretty sure he has not lost that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, K-9 said:

Hats off to the defense. They won this game.

Hats off to the Miami secondary, particularly their CBs, who are the only reason we didn’t hang another 50 burger on them today.

Daboll, Allen and this offense look like crap. They have a lot of work to do. 

:doh:

I get it, y’all want to see the Josh Allen Laser Light Show and it was more like the damp-squib rain abbreviated fireworks show.  Yes, work to be done

But this is Exhibit A of the kind of overreaction here that has me SMH.  Last week Daboll sucked because we need a run game.

This game we rush 30 times for 143 yds and pass 33 yds and 320 total yards, 2 passing TD and 3 rush TD:

“the offense looks like crap.  They have a lot of work to do”

News flash, the “crap” offense scored 35 points.  Those weren’t points by the ST, they weren’t points by the D, they were points by the offense.  There have been seasons and games when we would have all swooned to have an offense score 35 points and gain 320 yds.

Like I led off, a bit of context please.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 11

2 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

pass rush A+  (more plz)

Score 35-0.  Overall Bills Team A.   Overall Dolphins Team D.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

pass rush A+  (more plz)

Edmunds wasn't bad, but wasn't great.  D never out of position.  Bump his grade upto a C.  Punting wasn't poor either.  

5 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

Edited by daz28

2 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I don't really watch individual players... how did Star do today?  Im not one to speak about Edmunds but it felt like our D did better with him off the field.

He was being triple teamed at one point, so I think he did well. 

• Like (+1) 2

My god there are so many people who can’t enjoy a W. When did Bills fans get so soft? A W is a W and this was a beat down. If our defense continues it’s current level of play we won’t NEED to put up 35 points a game. Would I like Josh and the O to look more in sync? Sure. Am I worried? Not a bit. We have one of the best coaching staffs in the league (as much as I curse them) and they will figure it out. Anyone who can’t enjoy a 35-0 BEAT DOWN of Miami because you are looking 5 games ahead to the Chiefs needs to get some perspective. It’s a week to week league, any given Sunday. Bills fans of all people should know how to enjoy the W’s when they come because we’ve had so many years of L’s. 

• Like (+1) 10
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, bigduke6 said:

B+ cuz Miamis offense is baaaaaaad.   this wasnt one of the top offensive teams in the league,  and they played against a backup QB.

This is the type of BS I was exactly talking about.  35-0 whining!!!  Good work.