9/19//21 Week 2 Bills @ Miami Postgame Thread

3 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

They're the same people who weren't happy with Kelly & wanted Frank Reich to replace him and if they're too young to have been around in the late 1980s then their fathers were calling for Reich.  

Well, brothers and friends for me, but Kenny Davis, too.  The legend of dumb continues.  

18 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If you're not legitimately concerned about Allen then you haven't been watching the last two games.  Our defense has been great though.

His ball placement has been off .. but it is way too early to be overly concerned.

One could say, if you don't think Josh has heart / skill to address it  you haven't been watching the last 2 years where he clearly continued to improve his game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

This defense is good.  Williams and Feliciano need to see the bench.  Imagine what this team will look like when they decide to give Allen time

Want to see what Brown has, the few plays I saw him out there he absolutely wrecked a guy and pushed the pile on another one. 

28 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Solid road win! It’s hard to say our Offense is still not in sync with a score like this, but our Defense was spectacular and worthy of a road Division shutout! It appears we escaped serious injury as well and re-established ourselves as the Kings of the East. 

Thoughts?

Great team win! On a day Josh played subpar (I'm starting to speculate he has some kind of injury..lots of touch passes no "zip") we still won one the road, with the shutout, AND had a stellar pass rush and solid run game. 

Look at a team like KC. As great as they are is Mahomes goes on the raod and lays an egg like Josh did today...does KC still dominate and win? I don't think so. If Allen heats up this team is boarderline unstoppable. 

• Dislike 1

27 minutes ago, Simon said:

Agreed

When Daboll stopped trying to push for longer-developing chunks in the 2nd half, Allen looked much more comfortable

This is the key imo. They need to rebuild back up to those longer developing ones. First, just develop the same rhythm and consistency of last year. 

1 minute ago, CorkScrewHill said:

His ball placement has been off .. but it is way too early to be overly concerned.

One could say, if you don't think Josh has heart / skill to address it  you haven't been watching the last 2 years where he clearly continued to improve his game.

Him and his receivers improvise A LOT.  

5 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

Ok, just because we don't enjoy the game that way YOU do doesn't mean we can't enjoy a win.  You know who is soft? The Bills fan just looks at the scoreboard against a mediocre Miami team and sees 35-0 and things everything is well. THOSE are the fans who are soft.   Part of being a fan for many of us is that we want to look forward to games against better teams than we beat already.  We WANT to think of ways the team can be better than it is.  Just because we don't fall in line behind the way YOU want us all to be fans doesn't make any of us soft.  It just means we are different. If anything, maybe BETTER fans because we can enjoy a win but want the team to keep getting better and better.

The biggest bunch of babies on this forum are those that complain about other fans of the team and how we choose to be fans. "you aren't enjoying the game the way I do...WHAA WHAA!"  "You are saying bad and mean things about the team I love! Whaa! Whaa!"  Accept that people can be fans differently than you are and get over it. 

Take your own advice and stop being miserable. ENJOY the win without getting pissed at other people who watch and enjoy the game in a different way.

I didn’t mean to piss in your Cheerios, please feel free to complain about how we will definitely lose to Team X if we don’t do Y. I apologize, That post wasn’t directed at anyone in particular but I guess it hit a nerve. I guess my point is that so much can change from now until we play Great Team X for both teams that it’s kind of a waste of time to compare today’s Bill’s team whatever team we played last year. I find it amusing how many people can’t enjoy a solid W because of HOW we got the W. I guess after living through so many crap Bills teams over the past decades I am a big believer in getting the W any way you can and who cares how we did it as long as you get it. Now go enjoy that win!

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

While I haven't understood his decisions as HC with how he's handled the QB situation with Tua I actually respect the move to go for the TD instead of getting the FG and not getting shut out. If you can't get the TD then this should absolutely hang around your neck like a stinky fish, good for the team to learn from.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RunTheBall said:

I didn’t mean to piss in your Cheerios, please feel free to complain about how we will definitely lose to Team X if we don’t do Y. I apologize, That post wasn’t directed at anyone in particular but I guess it hit a nerve. I guess my point is that so much can change from now until we play Great Team X for both teams that it’s kind of a waste of time to compare today’s Bill’s team whatever team we played last year. I find it amusing how many people can’t enjoy a solid W because of HOW we got the W. I guess after living through so many crap Bills teams over the past decades I am a big believer in getting the W any way you can and who cares how we did it as long as you get it. Now go enjoy that win!

Look at it as a super solid D, which took WEEKS to even have a semblance of a D last year.  Couple that with a healthy offense you alnready KNOW can light it up, and I see very few things to complain about after beating division team ahead of you 35-0

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

:doh:

I get it, y’all want to see the Josh Allen Laser Light Show and it was more like the damp-squib rain abbreviated fireworks show.  Yes, work to be done

But this is Exhibit A of the kind of overreaction here that has me SMH.  Last week Daboll sucked because we need a run game.

This game we rush 30 times for 143 yds and pass 33 yds and 320 total yards, 2 passing TD and 3 rush TD:

“the offense looks like crap.  They have a lot of work to do”

News flash, the “crap” offense scored 35 points.  Those weren’t points by the ST, they weren’t points by the D, they were points by the offense.  There have been seasons and games when we would have all swooned to have an offense score 35 points and gain 320 yds.

Like I led off, a bit of context please.

Nope. It’s not about seeing the Josh Allen light show, whatever that is. It’s about execution and this team, largely due to the 

OLine is just not firing on all cylinders yet. It’s plain to see. You can spout all the stats you want, and there have been a smattering of terrific plays, particularly effort plays, but we aren’t a polished unit so far; far from it. 

I’m not complaining as it’s nice to win 35 - zip when not playing your best game. We have work to do on the O side of the ball. No shame in that, especially after two games when most teams are gonna struggle for consistency. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

While I haven't understood his decisions as HC with how he's handled the QB situation with Tua I actually respect the move to go for the TD instead of getting the FG and not getting shut out. If you can't get the TD then this should absolutely hang around your neck like a stinky fish, good for the team to learn from.

I continue to think Flores is overrated. I’m not saying he’s a terrible coach per se but he seems to get so much credit for not much accomplishment. I think it’s because he had success vs NE likely because he’s so familiar  with what they do and their personnel 

• Thank you (+1) 2

Well I don't know if I can say enough good things about this defense, especially the pass rush.  They showed up and dominated today.

Allen has looked rough but when you can beat a division rival 35-0 with your QB having a lot of ups and downs I think it's a good sign.  Not overly concerned about Allen yet, but the interior O-Line still looks like junk. 

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

We can enjoy the game AND think about the future at the same time. Its called mental multi-tasking.  It can be a fun exercise.

As I said in my previous post, you are the one that needs the 'settle down francis'.  How about letting people enjoy the game and the win the way they want to.  The simple fact that the post I was replying to was a person who was complaining about HOW other fans were enjoying the win proves that.  Take your own advice, you are the one that needs to settle down and not worry about how others view the game and enjoy the win.

I wasn’t complaining I was feeling sorry for fans like you who after a 35–0 drubbing of a conference rival sound pretty pissed off. Relax, have a beer, Go Bills!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Eyeroll 1

34 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

If you're not legitimately concerned about Allen then you haven't been watching the last two games.  Our defense has been great though.

I don't want to get into this discussion but I am not concerned since I saw him play 3 seasons before. He has been bad these two games but at this point I consider this as a small bump in his career.

I guess we will see.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, TheProcess said:

Can you believe Epenesa didn’t have 1 sack today? Guy was all over the place. Groot had 2. Loving our young pass rushers so far and we haven’t even seen Boogie yet. 

He certainly caused a few even if he didn’t get credit.

• Agree 2

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

I continue to think Flores is overrated. I’m not saying he’s a terrible coach per se but he seems to get so much credit for not much accomplishment. I think it’s because he had success vs NE likely because he’s so familiar  with what they do and their personnel 

I think he's definitely overrated and he's running off the vapors of having a semi successful season with a team that looked like "the tank" personified.  Since then he's looked very middle of the road.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

Shout out to the training staff.  To only have Edmunds go out with cramps and for the lines to hold up all game is a testimony to them getting guys ready.

Yeah the whole heat thing as an advantage on the same level as a warm weather team going to play in snow/wind is overblown. We saw Michigan state go down there yesterday in the same weather and blow the doors off the canes, then this today. You can prepare for heat. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think it's because he had the team playing unreasonably well in there tank year.

10 minutes ago, Real McNasty said:

On their grass, on their opener. Can you imagine how deflated Dolphins fans are right now?

Yes, I remember last Monday quite well

3 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

I think he's definitely overrated and he's running off the vapors of having a semi successful season with a team that looked like "the tank" personified.  Since then he's looked very middle of the road.

When has Flores been rated highly to qualify for being over-rated?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Fan in Chicago said:

Yes, I remember last Monday quite well

When has Flores been rated highly to qualify for being over-rated?

A lot of personalities thought he deserved COTY until the last Bills game last season.  He's been talked about highly since he took the Dolphins coaching job by media and fans alike.

Just now, The Wiz said:

giphy.gif

In case they needed him I suppose.

Just now, daz28 said:

He did see the field tho.  Nor sure how many snaps, but I didn't see him in many.

Was Levi cramps?  He didn't return, right?

It looked like a hammy cramp, but that's not typically something you cant hydrate and stretch, so I'm not sure

Those that think this was an ugly win or whatever they’re saying are delusional. This was a complete beat down.  

IMO, Josh is pushing it.  He’s gotten the contract and I think it’s in his head a little that he needs to be THE playmaker.  Until he settles down, relaxes and just plays his game,

he’s going to look like he’s struggling. But a few more wins and I think he will. In no way am I concerned.  And after a 35-0 beat down... you have to really want to find things to complain about.   

There’s a lot of room for improvement. Lots of plays, offensively and defensively, they probably want back. And yet they shut out a divisional opponent and scored 5 offensive touchdowns, despite all the “poor” plays.  Lol. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 3